Overwatch!

Discussions about non-Evangelion related video games, board games, card games and gaming in general.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Squigsquasher
Banned

Overwatch!

•      
  •      

Postby Squigsquasher » Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:29 pm

So I recently bought Overwatch on a whim, and I have to say...I love it.

For those of you who have been living under a rock, Overwatch is an FPS/MOBA...thing where you play as a variety of silly heroes and shoot the living daylights out of each other. There's Reinhardt the German hammer-wielding robo-knight, Mei the Chinese conservationist whose solution to environmental issues is to freeze people, Tracer the time-jumping assassin...thing with the world's most hilariously awful British accent, and my personal favourite, D.Va, the shitposting Starcraft obsessed Korean with a goddamn death robot...and many, many others.

It's pretty much Waifu Fortress 2, but my god is it fun. Steep learning curve (as expected of Blizzard games and their infuriating eSports-bait play model) but it actually feels fun to play, unlike "4 dimensional chess on crack" Starcraft or "Pay Chinese criminals to level up your character" WoW. They do free weekends occasionally so it might be worth trying-before-you buy, but I'd at least give it a go.

Unfortunately, I'm probably going to have to turn down the settings on my game, as even with my monstrously powerful PC, it still lags like hell on the highest graphics settings. Which is weird, because it sure ain't DOOM. I dunno if it's a problem with my internet or my hardware, but I have noticed my graphics card getting put under tremendous stress running the game.

Anyway, any other players here?
Here lies Squigsquasher.
2013-2017.

MAGI_01
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

Re: Overwatch!

•      
  •      

Postby MAGI_01 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:12 pm

I play myself on PS4 and main pretty much D.VA, Lucio, Soldier 76 and Genji though I do mess around with Junkrat and Mercy.

I've been a bit of an on again, off again player. I've had a lot of connection issues as of late and I'm tired of getting nailed with leaver penalties so I tend not to play as much as a result, unless the issues stay away. I stay out of competitive too as I was moving up into the gold tier and then with a rash of disconnects, I got dumped way back down below where I started.

Game is fun when it works though.
"If it's stupid but works, it isn't stupid." - Me
"Has anyone ever told you how pretty your eyes are?" - Akio's most famous line.
Akio in Lance of LoL's Rebuild RP
Steam/PSN: MAGI_01 Origin: MAGI_02
Interested in a FMA based RP? Then check this out!

Return to “Video Games and Gaming”