what should I buy?

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Hunter21
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Hunter21 » Sun Apr 08, 2007 7:04 am

Eva Yojimbo wrote:13 hours is a bit much. I figured it up a while ago and the entirety of NGE including director's cuts and EoE is about 11.5 hours long. So the first 26 episodes are only 9 hours. The entire series can be watched easily in 3 days. 2 days if you put in a lot of time (or one day if you're insane).

1. According to you there is a lot of insane people on this board.

2. I can tell you it was more than 11.5 hours. Using the calculater and adding up the raw numbers does not relate to how long it will take you to watch the series in reality. Thirteen hours sounds about right to me. Maybe longer if you take bathroom brakes, get something to eat, or are prone to sitting in front of the TV with a blank stare after certain episodes going WTF?
EVANGERIONANIME is stupid

Come Join the Sakaki Fan Club!

Remember you're on Evageeks, where preset personal delusions outweigh reality.

Opteron-O3
Tabris
Tabris

•      
  •      

Postby Opteron-O3 » Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:24 am

Yeah took me about 13 hours to watch everything. I play to do it this summer and watch all 13 hours in one day :shock:
Last edited by Opteron-O3 on Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Eva Yojimbo
Redbeard
Redbeard

•      
  •      

Postby Eva Yojimbo » Sun Apr 08, 2007 10:16 am

Hunter21 wrote:
1. According to you there is a lot of insane people on this board.
Some people can handle marathon TV/Movie sessions. I'm not one of them I guess. More power to ya if you can.

Hunter21 wrote:
2. I can tell you it was more than 11.5 hours.
No it doesn't.

Hunter21 wrote:Using the calculater and adding up the raw numbers does not relate to how long it will take you to watch the series in reality.
Yes it does.

Hunter21 wrote:
Thirteen hours sounds about right to me. Maybe longer if you take bathroom brakes, get something to eat, or are prone to sitting in front of the TV with a blank stare after certain episodes going WTF?
I'd imagine it'd be hard to take 1.5 hours worth of bathroom breaks. And we really shouldn't count that and eating either, since you have to do that everyday anyway. We're talking about watching the actual show here, and watching the actual show would take 11.5 hours:

20.5 minutes per episode (minus opening and closing, more if you watch those every time, but it's really not necessary)
multiply by 26 episodes = 533 minutes
Add about 10-15 minutes for director's cuts = 545 minutes
Add 90 minutes for EoE = 640 minutes (close enough)

640 / 60 = 10.6 hours

With the opening/closing every episode it would take about an additional hour, which is where I got my original 11.5 (11.6 is exact).

Now even if you wanted to add an extra hour (which in my mind would be a bit much) for bathroom breaks and eating that would be 12.5 hours for the entire series, watching the opening/closing every time (or 11.5 not watching those). But I don't think those should count.
Cinelogue & Forced Perspective Cinema
^ Writing as Jonathan Henderson ^
We're all adrift on the stormy seas of Evangelion, desperately trying to gather what flotsam can be snatched from the gale into a somewhat seaworthy interpretation so that we can at last reach the shores of reason and respite. - ObsessiveMathsFreak
Jimbo has posted enough to be considered greater than or equal to everyone, and or synonymous with the concept of 'everyone'. - Muggy
I've seen so many changeful years, / to Earth I am a stranger grown: / I wander in the ways of men, / alike unknowing and unknown: / Unheard, unpitied, unrelieved, / I bear alone my load of care; / For silent, low, on beds of dust, / Lie all that would my sorrows share. - Robert Burns' Lament for James

Executor
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Executor » Sun Apr 08, 2007 10:23 am

Of course we're mostly insane. I just have a shitload of rage and cynicism to back me up. >_>

Eva Yojimbo
Redbeard
Redbeard

•      
  •      

Postby Eva Yojimbo » Sun Apr 08, 2007 10:24 am

Executor wrote:Of course we're mostly insane. I just have a shitload of rage and cynicism to back me up. >_>
Show me a man who is not insane and I'll show you a man who is insane. :shock: :?
We're all adrift on the stormy seas of Evangelion, desperately trying to gather what flotsam can be snatched from the gale into a somewhat seaworthy interpretation so that we can at last reach the shores of reason and respite. - ObsessiveMathsFreak
Jimbo has posted enough to be considered greater than or equal to everyone, and or synonymous with the concept of 'everyone'. - Muggy
I've seen so many changeful years, / to Earth I am a stranger grown: / I wander in the ways of men, / alike unknowing and unknown: / Unheard, unpitied, unrelieved, / I bear alone my load of care; / For silent, low, on beds of dust, / Lie all that would my sorrows share. - Robert Burns' Lament for James

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sun Apr 08, 2007 10:27 am

Show me someone who's not insane and I'll figure out how ve isn't.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Eva Yojimbo
Redbeard
Redbeard

•      
  •      

Postby Eva Yojimbo » Sun Apr 08, 2007 10:47 am

Reichu wrote:Show me someone who's not insane and I'll figure out how ve isn't.
[\]Thread officially derailed[/]?

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sun Apr 08, 2007 10:51 am

This thread derailed itself without any help from me.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Eva Yojimbo
Redbeard
Redbeard

•      
  •      

Postby Eva Yojimbo » Sun Apr 08, 2007 11:07 am

Reichu wrote:This thread derailed itself without any help from me.
Yes, but you didn't help to save it any, now did you. What does that make you? :evil:

thomas
Embryo

I know what I'm going to buy

•      
  •      

Postby thomas » Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:31 am

I'm going to buy all the show and the 2 movies in 76$.
the discs was renting and now the stor is selling the discs to me in half price. thanke you for help me to chose what to buy... :D

Bean Bandit
Lilith

buying stuff

•      
  •      

Postby Bean Bandit » Sun May 20, 2007 4:32 pm

I've got the perfect collection not the platinum and am happy enuf.
But I've also got End of Evangelion, as anyone who owns the series should.
So, whichever collection you purchase, make sure you pick up End of Eva; its what Anno really wanted to do..

happy watching...again and again and again and again...[/i]
What do you like to play? ...Pokemon! Pokemon?

Ya see, the kids, they listen to the rap, which gives them the brain damage. Ya see?

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

Re: buying stuff

•      
  •      

Postby BrikHaus » Sun May 20, 2007 4:57 pm

Bean Bandit wrote:End of Eva; its what Anno really wanted to do..

Wait, I thought Rebuild was what Anno really wanted to do.

Or maybe Re-Rebuild (to come out ten years from now) will be what he actually intended.

Maybe I'm just confusing him with George Lucas again.
Awesomely Shitty
-"That purace has more badassu maddafaakas zan supermax spaceland."
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

Executor
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Executor » Sun May 20, 2007 5:01 pm

Bean Bandit wrote:So, whichever collection you purchase, make sure you pick up End of Eva; its what Anno really wanted to do..

...[/i]

Mind-fuck you constantly and turn you into tang? Eh, still better than DragonBall Z

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Sun May 20, 2007 5:02 pm

BrikHaus wrote:
Bean Bandit wrote:End of Eva; its what Anno really wanted to do..

Wait, I thought Rebuild was what Anno really wanted to do.

Or maybe Re-Rebuild (to come out ten years from now) will be what he actually intended.

What he really wanted to do in terms of episode 25 and 26, would be a more accurate way of putting it. They had plans for a movie even before the final episodes were finished, eventually getting funding from a different source. They were behind schedule, thus we got Death and Rebirth.

Rebuild could be seen as a "remake" of the original 26 episodes + movie (maybe).

Knoxer
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Knoxer » Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:58 pm

Eva Yojimbo wrote: (or one day if you're insane).

Guess I'm insane then huh?

Good review on the Platinum collection And I agreed with every bit of it. The perfect collection is a waste of money. Only thing I would want is the box and the extras.
Fuyutsuki: It's hot
Gendo: Yes...

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”