my dread has been burned persona 3 movie announced.

Non-Eva Anime and Manga discussion

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Grand Duke of Yashima
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Grand Duke of Yashima » Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:39 pm

Saw the new trailer. It honestly looks just like a whole bunch of cutscenes from the game, it should be interesting to see if they deviate from the game story in any meaningful way.
EVA Fan Fiction: The Blue Rose Saga

https://www.facebook.com/EvangelionTheBlueRose

"The power of the Evangelion is the power of love"

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:13 pm

:derp: This is happening! It's really happening!

...I'm not sure what to feel. Video games make notoriously bad transitions to or from other media. The story that was there in P3 was nowhere near enough to stand on its own without the gameplay factor, it was way too cookie-cutter. They'd have to change something, if only because otherwise the only people who'd watch it (fans of the game) would already know what happens next.

Best case is probably that it goes Rebuild on us, where the first movie is "spot the differences", leading up to an eventual total divergence.
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

Redtophat
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Redtophat » Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:07 pm

I can only imagine the films being boss rush mode with lil' social linkage in between plot.

Stan
Tabris
Tabris

•      
  •      

Postby Stan » Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:09 pm

Im Surprised nobody posted this yet, but the 2nd film has been announced a little while ago. Tentative release window is next summer

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-11-22/2nd-persona-3-film-slated-for-next-summer

robersora wrote:Well, it seems, there will be three movies... Since the game spans from Spring to Winter and the movie has the subtitle *spring of birth* it seems to me that way.

It seems you were right

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-12-04/2nd-persona-3-film-titled-midsummer-knight-dream

P3 - Movie 2 : Midsummer Knights Dream

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Tue Dec 31, 2013 3:39 pm

Love me some Maaya Sakamoto. Aigis was IMO an interesting "Rei" type, but my favorite of the female cast was Yukari. Don't understand why people in the fandom apparently don't like her? Without spoilers, if it was Yukari's actions in The Answer, they might not be the right option, but they make sense in context.

Sounds like people enjoyed Movie 1 just fine, so hopefully the P3 films won't suck. :pray:

So I guess (obviously?) these films won't make any reference to FemC ("Minako"), huh? I wonder if they are gonna squeeze in The Answer in the last film?
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Final Messenger
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Final Messenger » Thu May 22, 2014 10:37 am

Saw the movie yesterday over all it was a pretty good movie and I enjoyed it quite a bit. I'd say it's easily better than the persona 4 anime. one thing I liked was what they did with the protagonist by making him a sarcastic douchebag who cares about nothing he had some pretty funny moments in the movie. So yeah over all I'd say if you're a persona 3 fan that the movie is definitely worth your time to give it a watch.
Avatar:super high school level ???? Kyouko Kirigiri
"Before Pimptimus turned the Jupitris into his brothel it was giant helium carrier"- Fireball
"to solve a mystery sometimes you have to take risks. Isn't that right?"- Kyouko Kirigiri
more people should read Dangan Ronpa

hui43210
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby hui43210 » Thu May 22, 2014 6:36 pm

Currently 51 hours into the Persona 3 game, and the Anime club I'm in is going to show this shortly, fairly excited to see this.

Persona 3 spoiler

SPOILER: Show
From the moment I saw Shuji I knew he would be a villain, that Gendou wannabe bastard.... Oh and if somebody deserved to die, it was Ken not Shinjiro
I mean, predictability is the central attraction and the narrative hook that we've all come to expect from the Evangelion franchise. How come Anno can't realize this? Twice? - FreakyFilmFan4ever

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Thu May 22, 2014 7:49 pm

Can I make a confession? I like the Female MC better than the male one. . .

Bummer they couldn't have a film with her. . .

Stan
Tabris
Tabris

•      
  •      

Postby Stan » Sat Jun 07, 2014 7:13 pm

Stan
Tabris
Tabris

Re: my dread has been burned persona 3 movie announced.

•      
  •      

Postby Stan » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:44 pm

With the 4th movie now out for a while on blu ray, I gotta wonder if aniplex will ever dub them and release a perfect collection? Fingers crossed.

Return to “Anime and Manga”