New English Cover of Cruel Angel's Thesis

A forum for discussing the filmmakers and artists associated with Khara, Trigger, or Gainax, but apart from their studio projects.

Moderator: Board Staff

KnightmareX13
Seepage Murid
Seepage Murid

New English Cover of Cruel Angel's Thesis

•      
  •      

Postby KnightmareX13 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:06 pm

She does anime covers and apparently some VA work too
"This is for the record. History is written by the victor. History is filled with liars. If he lives, and we die, his truth becomes written - and ours is lost..." -- Cpt. Price
"Damn the torpedoes" -- ADM Farragut
"I have not yet begun to fight!" -- Cpt. John Paul Jones
"Don't be alarmed, we're taking over the ship" -- Cpt. Jack Sparrow
Napalm Sticks to kids ♣ Λ

RadicalRandy
Adam

Re: New English Cover of Cruel Angel's Thesis

•      
  •      

Postby RadicalRandy » Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:11 am

I like it (mainly because I'll never not love Cruel Angel's Thesis), but I don't like the singer's pitchiness and added autotune. And minor gripe, but the the line where she says "This was all a Cruel Angel's Thesis from the start" or whatever gave me ending credits vibes or something. Kinda hard to describe.

Oh, and what's up the video just panning to the characters a lot in repetition?
"Thunder Cross Split Attack!" - Dire
"I'm just a simple man trying to make my way in the universe." - Shmango Fett

https://www.fanfiction.net/~misterradical

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot
Location: Somewhere between the light in my heart and the darkness in my soul

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:55 pm

This version was ok, not the best, but certainly not horrific. It's also not worth downloading however, as the autotune does take away from it considerably, as it sounds unnatural. Also, the visuals were a bit weak as RadicalRandy had sort of mentioned the repetition.

I much prefer this English version. The words have been changed around a bit (to make it less of a mouthful to shout out in sentence, or just more grammatically correct), and it does flow much better than the direct translation does, which I think is what AmaLee used. Also, the visuals are from the show and EoE, and maybe something from Death & Rebirth.
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

RadicalRandy
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby RadicalRandy » Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:46 pm

I love that version, it's performed really well and the lyrics flow really well (save for one or two lines where they try to rhyme a bit too much). When I was about 14 and before I actually knew anything about this show (or anime, really) I thought that it was an official English version lol
"Thunder Cross Split Attack!" - Dire
"I'm just a simple man trying to make my way in the universe." - Shmango Fett

https://www.fanfiction.net/~misterradical

Return to “Related to the Filmmakers and Artists”