Khara's 10th Anniversary - Exhibition 11/23-11/30

This is for discussion pertaining to Hideaki Anno's live-action "Shin" films, such as Shin Godzilla, Shin Ultraman, and Shin Kamen Rider.

Moderator: Board Staff

BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

Re: Khara's 10th Anniversary

•      
  •      

Postby BlueBasilisk » Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:36 pm

Apologies for the double post.

Khara now has an official Line blog: http://lineblog.me/khara_inc/ where they will be posting news and announcements about the upcoming exhibition!
Last edited by BlueBasilisk on Sat Aug 20, 2016 4:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Someday I hope that we'll be reunited if that is what's destined to be. Perhaps we'll discover that elusive bible. And then we will finally be free!

Sicarius VI
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Sicarius VI » Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:03 pm

Sweet, I guess I'll try to keep myself updated. Is their exhibition anytime soon?
"I'm not going there to die, I'm going to find out if I'm really alive." - Spike Spiegel

BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby BlueBasilisk » Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:52 pm

They haven't announced it yet. Just some time this fall in Tokyo. From what I understand, it's supposed to be the final event of the world tour thing they're currently doing. There's one event in October and one in November, so I'd guess it'll be sometime around then.
Someday I hope that we'll be reunited if that is what's destined to be. Perhaps we'll discover that elusive bible. And then we will finally be free!

BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

Khara's 10th Anniversary

•      
  •      

Postby BlueBasilisk » Sat Aug 20, 2016 1:27 pm

On the subject on the exhibition, according to this article it will be held in Harajuku on November 23-30. I guess it must have been announced on the last LINELive NGE broadcast.

Not too much longer then. I certainly wasn't expecting a week long event. :gasp: Hopefully we'll have more news from Khara themselves soon!

http://lineblog.me/khara_inc/archives/9686959.html Official statement from their LINEblog. More details are said to follow this week!

lastcody
Tunniel
Tunniel

Re: Khara's 10th Anniversary - Exhibition 11/23-11/30

•      
  •      

Postby lastcody » Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:37 am

Awesome glad there is a date now I wonder if they will live stream it on nico nico or something if theres anything big

BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby BlueBasilisk » Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:00 pm

Here are the additional details they promised. It will be held in the Laforet Museum on the 6th floor of Laforet Harajuku and will feature original materials from the Evangelion series and the Animator Expo. Further details such as admission price will be announced later on.

It sounds like this will be sort of a museum exhibit showing off production materials and all that jazz from everything the company has worked on. Pretty neat!

Edit:
Official website page is open! It looks like the same information from the other updates from what I can tell. There is a mention of Shin Evangelion in there, but I can't tell what it says. Probably "we'll do our best" or something like that.

BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby BlueBasilisk » Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:39 am

The November 2016 (due out October 8) issue of Newtype has a feature about Khara's 10th anniversary! According to Khara's twitter, Anno and Tsurumaki talk about the history of the company and the future of the industry. Could be interesting!

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:46 am

I'm expecting it to be like that Simpsons episode where Mark Hamill is trying to talk about an important issue and all the characters just want him to talk about Star Wars.

substitute Mark Hamill with Anno, and Star Wars with EVA.

hui43210
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby hui43210 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:49 pm

View Original PostRay wrote:I'm expecting it to be like that Simpsons episode where Mark Hamill is trying to talk about an important issue and all the characters just want him to talk about Star Wars.

substitute Mark Hamill with Anno, and Star Wars with EVA.

Except I doubt Japanese fans who would go to something like this are as impolite and entitled as the US fanboys that the Simpsons were mocking in that episode.
I mean, predictability is the central attraction and the narrative hook that we've all come to expect from the Evangelion franchise. How come Anno can't realize this? Twice? - FreakyFilmFan4ever

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:44 am

^I'm not saying I would. I'm just saying, it's been it's only been FOUR years and they're only just beginning production!? Some people are getting more than a little antsy.

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Fri Oct 07, 2016 2:33 am

Since they are now definitely working on it (and we don't know how much preparation was done meantime), and we can't change the past, is there actually any point in people getting antsy? It won't help anything.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby BlueBasilisk » Fri Oct 07, 2016 5:32 am

Plus, I think this is an interview with Newtype rather than a fan Q&A. I wouldn't be surprised if they did ask a single question about it since that's what most everyone is wondering but I'm sure they're professional enough not to badger about it.

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Fri Oct 07, 2016 6:49 am

View Original Postpwhodges wrote:Since they are now definitely working on it (and we don't know how much preparation was done meantime), and we can't change the past, is there actually any point in people getting antsy? It won't help anything.

I totally get the whole impatient thing. I really do. You're right in that it won't help anything, but that's just a natural response that some people have towards this. And I do feel a little impatient with it from time to time, but it's really hard for me to get mad at Anno for directing a Godzilla movie. I mean, it's one of my favorite living directors handling one of my all-time favorite monster franchises. How exactly am I going to express my displeasure with this again? Write Anno an angry letter thanking him for his contribution to Godzilla? Because if I ever did write an letter to Anno expressing any impatience I had for Shin Eva, I would spend 100% of that letter thanking him for every single one of his movies, and completely forget why I was ever impatient with him to begin with.

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Fri Oct 07, 2016 2:23 pm

View Original PostRay wrote:^I'm not saying I would. I'm just saying, it's been it's only been FOUR years and they're only just beginning production!? Some people are getting more than a little antsy.

Who said you would? :huh:

I'm starting to think that this wait time between films is an intentional exercise in Eva's core message: go out and live. Leave the fantasy behind, don't obsess over it, and enjoy life in the real world; once the movie does come out, watch it, enjoy it, and then move on with your life once more. Considering that this project started nearly ten years ago, I'd say we've had no choice but to live our lives in the meantime.
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Fri Oct 07, 2016 2:34 pm

If Anno had done absolutely nothing since the release of 3.0 then any anger would be perfectly justified.

Instead he has kept himself resoundingly busy. Projects he has done since the release of 3.0 include but amy not be limited too:

He voiced the lead character in Hayao Miyazaki's final movie, The Wind Rises.
He spearheaded a phenomenal series of shorts, The Animator Expo, that gave us 35 different shorts of varying lengths from an array of talented filmmakers.
He's the executive producer of Kazuya Tsurumaki's upcoming 90 minute TV special The Dragon Dentist.
He's had a showcase of all his work presented at the Tokyo International Film Festival.
He wrote & directed what may be Japan's highest grossing domestic live action film in the past half decade, Shin Godzilla.

And those are just the projects that have been announced & I can list off the top of my head. Surely if Khara has any other projects in development right now he has a hand in those & who knows what else. Clearly the man has never been busier than he is right now. After six+ years (maybe longer) working on Evangelion non-stop to make the first three films it's not surprising he'd want to do something else.

I'm sure SOMETHING Final related will come out at this 10th Anniversary celebration & I'm sure that will overshadow all the other projects or titles they announce.

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Fri Oct 07, 2016 2:40 pm

I'm sure SOMETHING Final related will come out at this 10th Anniversary celebration & I'm sure that will overshadow all the other projects or titles they announce.

That's what we said at the end of the animation expo, and the TV debut of 3.33/Q, and the 20th anniversary celebration . . .

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Fri Oct 07, 2016 2:56 pm

And I feel I'm right. In a way.

The last Animator Expo short, Cassette Girl, had a little post credit joke of Anno dressed as Ultraman in the Reiquarium. Fans lost their shit.
If not the TV debut then at some point 3.33 played on TV & said "Hey, the final movie is called Evangelion 3.0+1.0". Fans lost their shit.
The 20th Anniversary celebration said "We got nothing right now. But it'll happen." Fans lost their shit.

If the 10th Anniversary is nothing but Khara announcing exciting new projects & then ending with Anno saying "The last Eva will be in two to four years" guess what? Fans will lose their shit.

Now hold onto your shit so you can lose it later. But, at the moment maybe go outside & forget about Eva for a while.

BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby BlueBasilisk » Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:59 am

Here's a rather lengthy new interview with Anno at Diamond Online. I think it actually stretches over two different articles and continues here. It looks like they cover a wide range of topics from the growth of the company to the rights of the old tv series!

Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby 1731298478 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:26 pm

Many photos of the exhibition here! https://www.fashion-press.net/news/26690

Literary Eagle
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Literary Eagle » Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:50 pm

I was able to obtain a special booklet that was distributed to people who visited the exhibition! I made this new post for it on my book review thread. ^_^
The Happy Red Planet (my Evangelion fan fic)

Return to “Live-Action "Shin" & Other Khara Projects!”