Forum Beginner - some questions

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

Cobadome
Embryo

Forum Beginner - some questions

•      
  •      

Postby Cobadome » Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:38 am

Hello Forum first my english is not so good sorry for that :um:

I have some Evangelion questions things that i dont understand complete.

1. Is it right when the seeds of life adam and lilith comes together its the third impact?
2. Seele wants a third impact why they let not the angels in the headquarter fusions with lilith there ?
3. Eva 01 comes from lilith why it comes not to an impact? he has contact in fights with the adam based angels

Evangelion is so complex for me but i love this series so much do you have here any full complete storyline or an Link where anything is declared?

Thanks and im happy that i found Evageeks. ^_^

SoryuUberAlles
Clockiel
Clockiel

Re: Forum Beginner - some questions

•      
  •      

Postby SoryuUberAlles » Sat Jan 21, 2017 4:11 am

Unfortunately these are the $50,000 questions.

Fuyutsuki sensei tells us:
"The Seed of Life...and the Seed of Wisdom [have been both acquired by Eva Unit 01.] It is [now] equal to God. Will it be an ark to save humanity from the nihil of the Third Impact...or become a demon to annihilate humanity? Our future is up to Ikari's son."

And it's up to us to wrinkle out the kinks. I have recently been trying to prove Kaworu has two souls.

Welcome to forum.
"You're just turning this into a mixture of gibberish and fan service! That's not the Evangelion I know!" - An Asuka, one of many.

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Sat Jan 21, 2017 4:40 am

I can at least attempt to answer the second question. Seele wants Third Impact, but they want their particular version of Third Impact, which would ideally result in their version of Human Instrumentality. Basically, there's multiple ways Third Impact can play out, and depending on who triggers it/who is in control of it (whether it be an Angel, Seele, Gendo, Shinji, etc), it can have wildly different outcomes. If an Angel were to cause Third Impact, the idea is that all Lilith-based life (aka non-Angelic life) would be eliminated in favor of creating an environment that suited the Angels. Seele's goal with Third Impact was to initiate the Human Instrumentality Project. There's varying ideas on how this would play out (Seele's version of Instrumentality versus Gendo's versus Shinji's), but for all of them, it would essentially result in all human life ceasing to exist in separate, physical forms, instead existing as one collective, each individual's strengths complementing the others weaknesses, resulting in a so-called "more perfect form/being", at the cost of the individual. Based on the way Rebuild has expanded upon the concept of Impacts, it would seem they are planet-wide environmental/climate resets that drastically change the way in which life operates, at the behest of the Impact Trigger. In the original series, Seele actually fully intended to do precisely what you suggested: let an Angel invade Nerv HQ and start Third Impact for them; that Angel was Kaworu.

As for the third question: my best answer for that is that Eva Unit-01 lacked an S2 Engine/Organ up until it devoured Zeruel in episode 19, which granted it the Seed of Knowledge, basically giving it the full potential to trigger an Impact. This is why Gendo made such a point to keep Unit-01 out of combat operations after that incident; coming into contact with an Angel at that point would have been dangerous.
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:09 am

View Original PostSachi wrote:Eva Unit-01 lacked an S2 Engine/Organ up until it devoured Zeruel in episode 19, which granted it the Seed of Knowledge,

Seed of Life, surely?
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sat Jan 21, 2017 6:53 am

Neither; it's called the Fruit of Life. "Seeds" are what Adam and Lilith are.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:07 am

Oops - focussing on one error I missed the other!
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Cobadome
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Cobadome » Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:52 am

thanks for the answers now its more clear for me ^_^
eva has so much stuff and theory im thinking all the time about :tongue:

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:32 pm

View Original PostSachi wrote:Based on the way Rebuild has expanded upon the concept of Impacts, it would seem they are planet-wide environmental/climate resets that drastically change the way in which life operates, at the behest of the Impact Trigger.

I suspect "Impact Triggers" was one of those ideas (meaning: yes, there are others) that was there all along, just not made explicit until the new films. (Though this might have been what you meant anyway.) It pans out quite nicely... for the most part.

Second Impact: triggered by the donor
Angel's Impact: triggered by whichever Angel contacts Lilith
Third Impact (EoE): triggered first by Gendo; role shifted onto Shinji
Seele's Perfect Impact Scenario: triggered by ???

For the last one, you actually may be right about them planning to have Kaworu carry it out. Since, as we learn in EoE, Lilith was technically unusuable at the time, this also makes sense of Kiel's line, "I will be praying that Unit 01 will accomplish its task." ......At the same time, it also broadly contradicts the other Seele guy saying, "We will not rely on the powers of Adam or the Angels." Since, you know, depending on an Angel with Adam's soul to make your dreams come true is the exact opposite of that. Episode 24 seems deliberately designed to make less sense the closer one looks at it...

This is why Gendo made such a point to keep Unit-01 out of combat operations after that incident; coming into contact with an Angel at that point would have been dangerous.

Episode 23 is definitely interesting... Whatever was happening between Eva-00 and Armisael, Gendo found it alarming enough to risk sending Eva-01 into the fray. That implies, to me, nothing short of Impact potential, though whether this actually meant that potential existed between Eva-00 and Armisael alone, I can't say. My feeling there is that the Angels were at imminent risk of being resurrected, and with a force of that magnitude having access to Lilith's soul, no one would be able to stop them from reaching Terminal Dogma and doing as they pleased. Risking a Third Impact then and there with Yui's involvement would obviously be better. Pity NGE2 didn't include the DC version of this scene and never showed us what might have had happened if it'd panned out differently...
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Sat Jan 21, 2017 3:00 pm

View Original PostReichu wrote:Neither; it's called the Fruit of Life. "Seeds" are what Adam and Lilith are.

Whoops. That was absent-minded of me. -o-; You are right. My bad.
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”