The newest most accurate EoE subs to date are out

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
sephirotic
Shamshel
Shamshel

Re: The newest most accurate EoE subs to date are out

•      
  •      

Postby sephirotic » Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:19 pm

View Original PostLaughingDemand wrote:I'm sorry but I can't seem to get the subs to episode 26 to work, no matter what. Even though episode 25 subs work perfectly, both the standard and honorific versions of episode 26 just don't show up. I watch EoE using VLC Media Player, in mkv format.

First time I ever heard a problem about subs on EoE 26'. Considering how over 20 thousand people "tested the last release" it is likely you have some corruption issue. Anyway, VLC is a terrible player. If you are on windows, I don't support it. I suggest you use MPC HC.

Anyone having personal technical issues with my subs please try sending a PM instead of posting in this thread.

Anyone interested in the translation project, and with suggestion for improvements, please go ahead and contribute with the thread. I'm always checking the notification on Evageeks for new posts on this thread and I won't consider the project 100% finished until someone fluent in Japanese take a meticulous look at the whole subtitle.
-----------------------------------------------------
Re-watching Eva since 1999
-----------------------------------------------------

inke
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby inke » Sat Feb 20, 2021 3:58 pm

The work you have done is amazing! All the translating and consideration... and lovely formatting too!

How hard would it be to make a version of these subtitles for copies of the film that are just one file? I can't even find EoE split into two... and I can't stand any of the subs I've found that are made for one file.... I'm sorry I don't have experience with subtitle creation or how the timing and coding is generated, so I have no idea what it would take to combine the 25' and 26' you have into simply End of Evangelion 25' and 26' together.

Thank you for everything again! What a great job!

Bnuuy
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Bnuuy » Fri Dec 30, 2022 2:09 pm

Hello all,

I'd also like to ask about this. With the gkids release missing some things like fmttm credits I decided to spring for the Japan Standard Edition BDs instead and just add subs/dub stuff. EoE has proven to be a challenge though, nothing syncs up. Is there a sub for this release/disc 7? A single mkv for the entire film.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Sat Dec 31, 2022 3:47 am

If you have an existing video, and separate subs, then you can mux them in with appropriate shift and stretch with mkvtoolnix. The subs will have one set of timings in; time for yourself when the first and last dialogue items are in the video. Shift to match up the start, then if needed stretch/squeeze to make the last one line up - the latter is necessary if you have to deal with PAL vs NTSC derived timings.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Thu Jan 12, 2023 1:25 pm

"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”