The Noodle Chronicles

A forum for discussing the filmmakers and artists associated with Khara, Trigger, or Gainax, but apart from their studio projects.

Moderator: Board Staff

Director Black
Ireul
Ireul

The Noodle Chronicles

•      
  •      

Postby Director Black » Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:04 pm

I recently discovered that Amanda Winn-Lee wrote a book detailing her chronicle on how she dealt when her son got leukemia. I haven't started reading it yet (Still have to finish Clive Barker's The Damnation Game; want to get to One Hundred Years of Solitude).

I'm probably going to regret creating a thread dedicated to a book that I haven't even read yet, but I do want to see other people's thoughts on it. I do know that Lee gets lots of flak for various things, but did this book do anything to give you second thoughts?
Anywhere Can Be Paradise as Long As I Have the Will to Live...

...after all, I am Alive, So I'll Always Have the Chance to Be Happy.

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

Re: The Noodle Chronicles

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:16 pm

I'm familiar with the book, and I've considered getting it and reading it. I thought it might be worthwhile. I think as fans it's really easy for us to get into fan-mode and shit all over people in the business for their treatment of the property we love, and we forget that people in the industry are still people.

Just throwing this out there, but if anyone wants to gift it to me, or PayPal me, I'd be happy to read and review it for anyone who is curious, but might not otherwise ever read the book. Same goes for any of Spike Spencer's books.

Director Black
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Director Black » Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:23 pm

^ I would love to see Spencer write about his experience with Eva. Seeing him when he's not acting as Shinji, he seems like such a sweet guy.

Oh, it's very easy for me get hyped about everything about Eva. I would love to gouge myself about how certain people worked on Eva; doesn't matter if it's from ADRs or the original Japanese creators, I'm always up to hearing about their lives.

Makes me wonder how much fans would freak out if Anno - retired from the entertainment business - wrote an autobiography detailing his struggle with depression and how he used Eva to help him through and all that shit. I certainly would shit my pants
Anywhere Can Be Paradise as Long As I Have the Will to Live...

...after all, I am Alive, So I'll Always Have the Chance to Be Happy.

Tumbling Down
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Tumbling Down » Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:16 am

View Original PostDirector Black wrote:^ I would love to see Spencer write about his experience with Eva. Seeing him when he's not acting as Shinji, he seems like such a sweet guy.

Me too. He seems like such a normie (or, if that's considered a slur now, "normal person") in interviews. That's not a bad thing at all, but it really sets him apart from the kind of people who watch Evangelion.

Return to “Related to the Filmmakers and Artists”