Who'se really in charge of Wille

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

Re: Who'se really in charge of Wille

•      
  •      

Postby BlueBasilisk » Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:47 pm

And all of their ships and equipment appear to be well-maintained and up to date, though more spartan and less flashy than old Nerv was. The one exception is Asuka's first taped up plugsuit and we don't know the story behind that yet.

I wonder how long Wille's fleet has existed in its current state? With the Wunder still being outfitted and untested, the bridge and engineering crews having high numbers of untrained civilians, and the crew not being familiar with Misato's daring, it doesn't seem like it's been very long. Heck, they might have only pulled it together when Operation US was given the green light.
Someday I hope that we'll be reunited if that is what's destined to be. Perhaps we'll discover that elusive bible. And then we will finally be free!

cyharding
Our Man in Tokyo 3
Our Man in Tokyo 3

•      
  •      

Postby cyharding » Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:25 pm

It does give the idea that Misato is given a high degree of latitude in regards to picking her crew, which could mean that some of them could have unique skills that professional military types do not have.
Finding intelligent life on the web is not easy, we must all be glad we found EGF. - A.T. Fish
You Can Start Again. Chapter 32 now released. Now on FF.net
Oh, Eva, you never cease to amaze me. Your fans are analizing a calendar, for god's sake.- Alpha

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Sun Jan 01, 2017 2:02 am

View Original PostElMariachi wrote:Except that the Wunder is fleet is made of dozen of aircraft carriers, cruisers, destroyers, submarines, cargo ships... enough ships to put to shame all of the US Navy Pacific Fleets, and then there's the AAA Wunder itself, who's a whole fleet by itself.

I always assumed that Misato was in charge of all of them. I mean, she did kind of force them all to float away with her after getting the Wunder to fly. I know she only given the ranking of Captian, but she behaves as though she has more authority than that, and there's no Admiral meantioned anywhere in the film.

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby Joseki » Sun Jan 01, 2017 4:36 am

Is it known if Wille is just the fleet or there are other cells somewhere? They launched a space mission but it is possible to launch a rocket from the ocean, it was studied in the '60s.

Geometer
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Geometer » Sun Jan 01, 2017 2:33 pm

View Original PostFreakyFilmFan4ever wrote:I always assumed that Misato was in charge of all of them. I mean, she did kind of force them all to float away with her after getting the Wunder to fly. I know she only given the ranking of Captian, but she behaves as though she has more authority than that, and there's no Admiral meantioned anywhere in the film.

I believe captain is a title given to anyone who currently runs the ship in most navies even if they have a higher or lower formal rank. But I don't know much about naval traditions. Misato has been at it for 14 years and was central to forming WILLE, she probably is equivalent an admiral or general at this point.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”