Eva 3.33 music video with soom unseen footage(Up for 24 hours)

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Jadley
Tunniel
Tunniel

Re: Eva 3.33 music video with soom unseen footage(Up for 24 hours)

•      
  •      

Postby Jadley » Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:56 pm

I missed the video, anyone still got a ripped version that i could get my hands on?
haven't been active at all, and i just happened to see this thread.
It's too late to pry away.

StrokeMeGoat
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby StrokeMeGoat » Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:15 am

View Original PostJadley wrote:I missed the video, anyone still got a ripped version that i could get my hands on?
haven't been active at all, and i just happened to see this thread.

There's a link just a page back, mane:

View Original Postshinhito wrote:Just to keep everything in one place, they posted the video on Hikaru Utada's YouTube channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCnM4sUQ67Y

Jadley
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Jadley » Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:34 am

View Original PostStrokeMeGoat wrote:There's a link just a page back, mane:

Must've confused it with the until you come to me link i saw pages back, my bad.
-
Leaving that aside, this just got me even more anxious for FINAL,
that Shinji scene tho, oh boy this is going to give Time Loop theories something new to add to them.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:17 am

I didn't notice anything time loopy about the Shinji scene. There's a quantum Rei. So what? There was one in the first movie and another in the third. What's one more?
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Jadley
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Jadley » Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:42 am

View Original PostReichu wrote:I didn't notice anything time loopy about the Shinji scene. There's a quantum Rei. So what? There was one in the first movie and another in the third. What's one more?

I wasn't specifically referring to the Shinji scene, but yes, that quantum Rei needs some kind of half baked explanation at the very least, kinda makes me want to know if there was ever a beheaded child Rei this time around.

StrokeMeGoat
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby StrokeMeGoat » Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:04 pm

View Original PostJadley wrote:Must've confused it with the until you come to me link i saw pages back, my bad.

There were a lot of different links floating around, including multiple linking to videos that got taken down. It's understandable that it was confusing and you weren't able to find it. I was just poking a bit of fun at you by saying it was just a page back, I tried to make it seem more lighthearted by adding the "mane" in there, lol.

When it comes to the loop theory, I agree with Reichu here. The addition of Quantum Rei was pretty neat, and having the extra scene showing her (from this video and UTYCTM) made the bit where we see who is presumably Rei Q floating in what looks like the Rebuild version of the dummy plug plant's brain machine thing/whatever, looking out of it and seeing Quantum Rei make more sense. I wasn't sure what I was looking at before, but it's clear now that Quantum Rei and Rei Q were looking at each other during that scene. Considering we see Quantum Rei at the beginning of NGETV and the end of EOE, and we see her at the beginning of 1.11, and see her in the middle of 3.33 and during this scene we're talking about here, it seems likely something similar happens in Final to what happened in EOE, or I suppose it may somehow be related to the Lilith in 3.33, considering she has a GNR-like (really she looks much more like Yui this time around than Rei, I know they're very similar, but there are clearly differences, especially with the hair) head lying around in Nerv HQ.

All the appearance of Quantum Rei really does is imply that some crazy instrumentality stuff happens with Rei/Lilith, like with NGETV. It's too much of a stretch to say it adds any kind of credibility to the loop theory.

edit: Also,
View Original PostJadley wrote:kinda makes me want to know if there was ever a beheaded child Rei this time around.

What do you mean, beheaded child Rei this time around? Rei I was choked to death, but never beheaded as far as I'm aware. Also, what does that have to do with needing to explain Quantum Rei? Or did you just happen to wonder about it right after saying that, but the statements aren't actually linked?

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:20 pm

View Original PostStrokeMeGoat wrote:(really she looks much more like Yui this time around than Rei, I know they're very similar, but there are clearly differences, especially with the hair)

The hair is actually the tell that the head is patterned after Rei. It's the bangs: Rei's clump together at the midline of her forehead, while Yui's scatter.

SPOILER: Show
Image Image

Beyond that, the Lilith head is drawn with a pseudo-realistic creepiness that is noticeably, and thankfully, absent from both Rei and Yui's character designs.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby BlueBasilisk » Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:17 pm

View Original PostJadley wrote:I wasn't specifically referring to the Shinji scene, but yes, that quantum Rei needs some kind of half baked explanation at the very least, kinda makes me want to know if there was ever a beheaded child Rei this time around.

Rei could have supernatural powers. Shinji has enough strange visions of her and she appears in his mind and talks to him at least once, suggesting she might at least be telepathic. I think it's also possible that the Rei that keeps popping up isn't actually Rei, but Lilith's soul wandering about.

If it is Rei and not a roaming Lilith, then I think we should ask which Rei it is since they don't share a soul anymore. The living Reis we've seen all have slightly different haircuts.

This is Rei II. Her bangs split in the center and there aren't any overlapping strands.

Rei Q's bangs are longer, clump up in the center, and she does have some overlapping strands.

The mystery Reis from the 2.0 preview:

The Reis seen in 1.0 and UYCTM/this music video are too distant to be seen clearly and the first one is shrouded by some kind of haze so we can't compare them. But here's the Rei that Rei Q sees inside her tank:

That is not Rei II. So who the heck is she? :???:
Someday I hope that we'll be reunited if that is what's destined to be. Perhaps we'll discover that elusive bible. And then we will finally be free!

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:01 pm

Flipping through my Groundworks, I see multiple instances in both the genga and promo illustrations of Rei 2's bangs criss-crossing. The cover of Groundwork 1.0 along with the "just smile" scene are a couple examples. So I'd guess that this is just a bit of stylistic variation that was ironed out in 3.0. The films do get more visually consistent as they proceed.

Eva-01 is basically a god already, so maybe quantum Rei is just an aspect of that.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

StrokeMeGoat
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby StrokeMeGoat » Wed Oct 05, 2016 5:40 pm

View Original PostBlueBasilisk wrote:The Reis seen in 1.0 and UYCTM/this music video are too distant to be seen clearly and the first one is shrouded by some kind of haze so we can't compare them. But here's the Rei that Rei Q sees inside her tank:

That is not Rei II. So who the heck is she? :???:

It's most likely Quantum Rei, I explained it a bit in my last post. Showing Quantum Rei in UYCTM basically sheds light on who that Rei (looking at Rei Q in the tube during 3.33) is, because I was confused about who it was too before seeing who can only be Quantum Rei in UYCTM. She looks just like the Quantum Rei at the beginning of 1.11, and like the Quantum Rei in EOE and the ep. 1 of NGETV. I don't see how it could be anybody/anything else.

BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby BlueBasilisk » Wed Oct 05, 2016 7:05 pm

^The argument I was trying to make is that the Quantum Rei may not be the same Rei that was absorbed into Unit 01. The one in 3.0 is the only one we see at close range so it's hard to say if it's the same one each time or not. The very first one is also accompanied by a strange haze and the others aren't iirc. Who knows what that means.

@Reichu- I was mostly going by their model sheets from the BD book and the 2.0 CRC, but you're right, I've found a few of those too. For the most part, it seems like Rei's normally don't overlap and Rei Q's pinch in the middle, but it varies a bit from artist to artist. The only example I've seen of the two in the exact same style is the Gekkan Eva Q promo art. Neither of them have as much layering in the fringe as that other Rei (at least not in any art I've seen). There's really no way to say for sure until we see Rei II in Q's style, I suppose. It doesn't really matter in the end if Final doesn't try to explain it. :tongue:

In addition to the Quantum Rei(s), there's also the mystery of the Creepy Rei that jumpscared Shinji:

Edit: speaking of the UYCTM Rei, I'm curious where Shinji is supposed to be when he sees that apparition. The oceans were already red before Third Impact and there are telephone poles in the water, so it must be some kind of lake. I suppose that wreckage could be the remains of a bridge?
Last edited by BlueBasilisk on Wed Oct 05, 2016 7:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Someday I hope that we'll be reunited if that is what's destined to be. Perhaps we'll discover that elusive bible. And then we will finally be free!

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Wed Oct 05, 2016 7:18 pm

^predestination theory.

and it's canon to me because there's no way Anno is going to have everything explained in Final/3.0+10.

ChaddyManPrime
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:48 pm

Ray, Anno can retcon many things, he has the power to do so as a creator. He's leaving shit very vague, perhaps intentionally.
"Look at Me!, I'm Mr. MeeSeeks!" - Mr. MeeSeeks

You know nothing, Jon Snow - Chuckman

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:10 pm

Hm. With the steadily flctuating art style you can't ever be sure if it's fluctuations or proper distinguishing features, while the cross bangs on ReiQ are a thing most of the time I'm not discounting any chances as to who the Rei from the vision was, could be some aglomerate involving Lillith where the distinction doesn't really apply. (the Dc may or may not have given NGE!Rei III mildly narrower eyes, for example)

But we know that there ~were~ interim Reis, both from Fuyu's collection o' heads and the discarded uniform in front of ReiQ's quarters.
The collar in 2.0 also seems to imply that a Rei 1 existed.

I like that one of them apparently decided to grab their old doorsign from the appartment, that strikes me as a pretty Rei thing to do.

But nice catch on the further core-I-fication implied here, I didn't catch that the first time.

RIP for the flowers in EVA 01 cage then.

As for Yui's hair, it should be noted that its also slightly longer.

At least in NGE Gendo gave Rei I the same hairstyle as Yui but as Rei aged I guess she just kept it like she found it practical (bit shorter) & didn't much care which way her bangs were falling.
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”