News [NO POLITICS]

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Re: News [NO POLITICS]

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:44 pm

A woman wants to marry her robot. Most surprisingly of all, this is not a story from Japan!
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Director Black
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Director Black » Fri Dec 23, 2016 2:11 pm

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:A woman wants to marry her robot. Most surprisingly of all, this is not a story from Japan!

Please tell me that robot is Ava from Ex Machina.
Anywhere Can Be Paradise as Long As I Have the Will to Live...

...after all, I am Alive, So I'll Always Have the Chance to Be Happy.

Director Black
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Director Black » Fri Dec 23, 2016 4:46 pm

It began with David Bowie and now, 2016 has selected Princess Leia.
Anywhere Can Be Paradise as Long As I Have the Will to Live...

...after all, I am Alive, So I'll Always Have the Chance to Be Happy.

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Fri Dec 23, 2016 4:48 pm

View Original PostDirector Black wrote:Please tell me that robot is Ava from Ex Machina.

That would be a bad life decision, to be sure.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

soul.assassin
Geezer of All Trades
Geezer of All Trades

•      
  •      

Postby soul.assassin » Fri Dec 23, 2016 8:37 pm

View Original PostDirector Black wrote:It began with David Bowie and now, 2016 has selected Princess Leia.

Close call. Fuck this year.

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Fri Dec 23, 2016 8:45 pm

^she's not out of the woods yet. Last I read it was 'Critical Condition'

soul.assassin
Geezer of All Trades
Geezer of All Trades

•      
  •      

Postby soul.assassin » Fri Dec 23, 2016 8:51 pm

View Original PostRay wrote:^she's not out of the woods yet. Last I read it was 'Critical Condition'

Currently all reportage on my Twitter feed said she's now stable.

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:59 pm

If she wasn't breathing for Ten minutes and only CPR was administered . . . well it doesn't look good to say the least.

Poor Carrie.

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:03 pm

View Original PostRay wrote:If she wasn't breathing for Ten minutes and only CPR was administered . . . well it doesn't look good to say the least.

If CPR was administered and she's now in stable condition in a medical facility it actually looks quite good. The whole point of CPR is to keep blood flowing to the brain until proper medical attention arrives, and that's exactly what happened here. That means her odds are considerably better than you suggest here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Mon Dec 26, 2016 8:10 pm

Cheetahs may be extinct in our lifetime as a mass die off is reducing numbers.

http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-38415906

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Mon Dec 26, 2016 8:32 pm

View Original PostRay wrote:Cheetahs may be extinct in our lifetime as a mass die off is reducing numbers.

http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-38415906

Everything in that article is old news. The Asiatic cheetah population has been limited to Iran for decades, and the importance of working with private landowners has been common knowledge for a similar span of time (hell, I wrote about it for a publication in 2004, and it was old hat then). The Cheetah Conservation Fund has been dealing with this stuff since before you were born. It might also be worth taking a look at conservation efforts in various African countries that have developed action plans for saving cheetah populations.

(don't get me wrong, cheetah populations really are in trouble, cub smuggling really is an issue, and reclassifying the species to endangered status really is a good idea. It's just that none of this is particularly new, even though the article's reporting on it as though it were. It's really irritating that that article is about a report that hasn't been released to the public just yet. That strikes me as irresponsible journalism, and I generally expect better from the BBC. )

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:35 am

I wondered whether I should have put this in the Celebrity RIP thread -- Florida man dies after jumping on cars naked on a busy highway.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Squigsquasher
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Squigsquasher » Thu Dec 29, 2016 1:13 pm

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:I wondered whether I should have put this in the Celebrity RIP thread -- Florida man dies after jumping on cars naked on a busy highway.

Florida Man needs his own movie. Now.
Here lies Squigsquasher.
2013-2017.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:18 am

Something to aspire to -- at 105, French cyclist Robert Marchand sets a new record, covering 14 miles in an hour.

soul.assassin
Geezer of All Trades
Geezer of All Trades

•      
  •      

Postby soul.assassin » Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:49 am

Razer prototype laptops stolen at this year's CES.

http://www.polygon.com/2017/1/9/1421149 ... e=facebook

TheFriskyIan
Lord Hamburger
Lord Hamburger

•      
  •      

Postby TheFriskyIan » Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:15 pm

I don't think this has been posted yet. We might be able to see a Nova go off in five years. The merging has already happened supposedly and the light will reach us in 2022.
Please just call me Ian, "TheFrisky" is more of a title.

"Knowledge seeks no Man."

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot
Location: Somewhere between the light in my heart and the darkness in my soul

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:37 pm

TheFriskyIan wrote:I don't think this has been posted yet. We might be able to see a Nova go off in five years. The merging has already happened supposedly and the light will reach us in 2022.

Neat! ^_^ I can't wait... although will we see the nova before or after Final comes out? That is the real question.
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

TheFriskyIan
Lord Hamburger
Lord Hamburger

•      
  •      

Postby TheFriskyIan » Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:37 pm

http://www.techtimes.com/articles/19263 ... 22-000.htm

Razer's prototype triple-screen laptop code-named Project Valerie is stolen and mere days after the CEO announced a bounty for information on its whereabouts, it pops up on Tabao for $22,000.
Please just call me Ian, "TheFrisky" is more of a title.

"Knowledge seeks no Man."

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:17 pm

http://www.daytondailynews.com/news/nat ... CFGIGcXFK/

Ringling Bros. to shut down after 146 years.

I'm going to have to go see it when they come to Philadelphia.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:32 pm

View Original PostChuckman wrote:http://www.daytondailynews.com/news/national/apnewsbreak-ringling-bros-circus-close-after-146-years/xvF7F5yxPt6yICFGIGcXFK/

Ringling Bros. to shut down after 146 years.

Pleasing! This is the best news I've had in months. I appreciate the stupid human tricks, but those can be replicated in Cirque du Soleil or similar. The rest is long past the point of needing to be dragged out behind the woodshed and shot.

I only hope the various animals associated with the act can find decent homes that let them live out the rest of their lives in peace. As for the humans, they have incredible resumes: best of luck to them going forward.

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”