Hand Cannot Erase/You Must (Not) Run Away | Post 3.33 Fics

Everything Evangelion Fanfiction related.

Moderators: Derantor, Board Staff

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Re: Hand Cannot Erase/You Must (Not) Run Away | Post 3.33 Fics

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:56 pm

These look awesome can't wait for both but I have to say is that you guys are trying to break my feels. ^_^

SPOILER: Show
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3
Sequel As The Divine Light Breaks For download version please go to AO3

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot
Location: Somewhere between the light in my heart and the darkness in my soul

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:14 pm

After catching up on the last few chapters, I must say I like where your story is going. I'm sure you've seen the reviews I left on ff.net, and I won't spoil anything here, but I felt like this...
they were... manly tears... ;_;
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

jcmoorehead
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby jcmoorehead » Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:02 am

Thank you so much for the kind words, really appreciated each and every one of the reviews. Picked up on a few things, first your comment about the fight in the simulators and afterwards. I had a lot of fun writing that simulator fight, the part afterwards I am tempted to write that fully for my AO3 collection but haven't found the time. You are right though, Asuka knows how to get Shinji's mind off of things :P

Writing the Rei/Mari scenes has also been fun. I like writing this version of Rei who is learning about what she is/can be. I always used to struggle with writing for Rei so I am pushing myself a little bit here. In addition to this writing for Mari is always good fun.

The latest chapter, the end wasn't fun to write at all. Next chapter should be online tonight, then this fic will take a break as I've been really busy lately and haven't had the chance to really work on the one afterwards. Next week will however see that Asuka's Birthday fic released, on the 4th of course :)

jcmoorehead
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby jcmoorehead » Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:14 am

New chapter has been released :)

You Must (Not) Run Away [Private Investigations]

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:54 am

Very enjoyable chapter loved the extra add in to Mari background :marihearts:
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3

jcmoorehead
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby jcmoorehead » Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:40 am

Not an update to this particular fic but my fic for Asuka's Birthday is now up!

Fourth December 2015 - At Least, Be Human

jcmoorehead
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby jcmoorehead » Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:37 am

Finally completed the next chapter, need to go through and edit it so I'm hoping it'll be ready for Monday. Definitely will be up next week though.

Have the first draft of some fluff. Note this has not been edited yet, so expect errors and the final draft of it to look better. I just wanted to give something of a preview.

Fluff  SPOILER: Show
Mari stared out of her window across the vast landscape enjoying the strange yet beautiful view. Many would consider it odd but she had always been able to find beauty in the strangest things. There was something in the way that the various shades of red had taken over the landscape, how the effects of the Third Impact and the various events that had followed had reshaped the earth and how nature adapted to it all. She found it fun to see all the little anomalies and impossibilities that had been created from the disasters. The old site of Tokyo-3 had been marvelous to view with its physics defying landscapes with strange pillars, large structures balanced impossibly and that giant spinning sphere.

She didn’t mind that others couldn’t see this, she supposed that maybe she was a little bit odd. She was after all the only person who genuinely liked the smell of LCL. Kaji had always told her to embrace that which others called weird. That it was a part of who she was and nothing to be ashamed of or hide. Now of course he was gone, she hadn’t cried about it since the day of the funeral but moments like this where she thought of him did bring her close to that point again.

Only she wasn’t going to cry again about it, especially not in front of Rei. She smiled to herself as she caught a glimpse of her own reflection in the window.

‘And the end of the day I’m not really any different to the others am I? I’m just someone with a messed up past and difficulty processing my feelings, just like Asuka, just like Shinji and just like Rei. We all deal with it in our own way but we can’t be honest with each other. Even when I know I should… I can’t do it. Rei is happy, she doesn’t need to worry about me… and if she is happy then… I’ll be happy too.’

She turned around to see what Rei was doing. Rei’s focus was on their television screen, she was playing a game. Mari watched as Rei guided a character on screen through an ancient structure of sorts. The character continued moving through this structure into different rooms, some of which had traps of different kinds that Rei was able to dodge with no problem and others had enemies that Rei quickly vanquished.

She took a seat next to Rei and watched until Rei had made it to the end of the level. After which Rei put down the controller and looked into Mari’s eyes.

“Are you nervous about tomorrow?” Rei asked.

Mari smiled and let out a small laugh, “Would be lying if I didn’t say I wasn’t a little bit nervous Blue, always get a little bit nervous before every mission. I’m about to pilot a 60ft death robot into the unknown. Did you ever get nervous before piloting?”

“I… do not believe so.” Rei started to speak, “I did not… have the same grasp of my feelings that I have right now though. Back then I used to question why Shinji was scared of piloting or why anyone was nervous. I had faith in the Eva’s and also I knew… the truth of my existence I suppose.”

Mari smiled, “But you are nervous now?”

Rei nodded, “I am no longer a pilot but I do find myself nervous for a number of reasons. I am worried that harm might come to you during tomorrow’s mission. I do not wish to see you hurt. It would be my desire to pilot alongside yourself and Asuka and protect you if I could.”

“I expect Shinji feels the same way about Asuka, truth be told I imagine a lot of people would feel more comfortable if yourself and Shinji were helping us out on this. Regardless of their feelings about yourself and your brother you’re good pilots and we could use another Eva in this.”

Rei lowered her eyes, “Yes… he said that although he dislikes piloting he would rather being doing that then nothing at all.”

"And how about you? Would you be willing to jump in to save us damsels in distress?"

Rei did not seem to take any time at all to think about it before a smile crossed her lips, "Yes, I would."

Rei suddenly turned herself on the couch moving to face Mari, she placed a hand along Mari's cheek and stroked it softly.

"I have a request to make of you."

"Ooh a request, what would that be?" Giggled Mari as she also shifted her body bringing her legs up onto the couch.

"Promise me that you will return safely, I do not wish for any harm to come to you."

Rei leaned in closer to Mari as she spoke those words, she finished her sentence with her lips just inches away from Mari's. Mari was for a moment lost in Rei's deep red eyes. Finally Mari nodded, "I promise."

As soon as Mari had finished making her promise Rei moved into kiss Mari on the lips. The kiss was different than the usual little pecks on the cheek or lips that they had shared up until now, this was deeper and more passionate. Mari felt herself move onto her back as Rei mounted her, her knees either side of Mari's hips.

Finally the kiss was broken and Mari feeling herself blush looked up, "Rei I..."

"I am afraid that I am not certain what I should say at a time like this. There are things that I... wish to do but I am..."

A blush tinged Rei's cheeks as she trailed off. As she did a smirk found its way onto Mari's face as she realized from the passion of the kiss they had shared and the awkward placement of Rei's hands on Mari's body what it was Rei wanted to do.

"Are you nervous?" Mari teased.

Rei nodded, "This sort of thing is something new to me. I wish to explore it but... all I have to go on is what I have read in books or knowledge I have acquired from talking to Shinji."

Mari couldn't help but laugh, "You spoke to Shinji about this sort of thing?"

"Yes, I can trust Shinji and seeing as both he and Asuka are engaged in a physical relationship I thought he could offer some advice."

"And..."

"He got flustered and seemed to want to discuss something else."

Mari let out another laugh as she slowly ran her hands up Rei's arms and along her shoulders. She stopped and gently traced her fingers down along Rei's sides watching the girl’s reactions as she did so. Rei was trembling ever so slightly and let out little gasps as Mari's hands slowly moved around her body.

"So not very helpful then?"

"He was able to offer some advice but... it took a lot of coaxing."

Mari grinned, "Oh the puppy gave some advice? I'm interested to learn what it could be."

As Mari finished speaking her grin faded and she looked Rei over one more time taking in just how beautiful the girl was at this moment. She stared Rei in the eyes, "You know Rei... you don't have to do this. We can wait until you are ready, I know you're nervous about the mission tomorrow but me and Asuka... we will return in one piece. There will be another day for this."

Rei nodded, "I know but I am sure that I want to do this. I have been contemplating this for some time."
Mari raised a curious eyebrow, "Oh and how long would that be?"

"From the moment I first kissed you." Rei took Mari by surprise and leaned in to kiss her once again. Mari returned the kiss allowing her tongue to softly meet Rei's. She could tell Rei was nervous, the kiss was a little bit awkward as was the feeling of Rei's hands moving along Mari's sides and also over her chest. Rei for the moment didn't seem sure of just how forceful she should or could be. Her hands glided across Mari's body lightly but still managing to make Mari feel good.

Finally they broke the kiss once again, "In which case Rei... I guess I'm all yours tonight."

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:27 am

View Original Postjcmoorehead wrote:Finally completed the next chapter, need to go through and edit it so I'm hoping it'll be ready for Monday. Definitely will be up next week though.

Have the first draft of some fluff. Note this has not been edited yet, so expect errors and the final draft of it to look better. I just wanted to give something of a preview.

Fluff  SPOILER: Show
Mari stared out of her window across the vast landscape enjoying the strange yet beautiful view. Many would consider it odd but she had always been able to find beauty in the strangest things. There was something in the way that the various shades of red had taken over the landscape, how the effects of the Third Impact and the various events that had followed had reshaped the earth and how nature adapted to it all. She found it fun to see all the little anomalies and impossibilities that had been created from the disasters. The old site of Tokyo-3 had been marvelous to view with its physics defying landscapes with strange pillars, large structures balanced impossibly and that giant spinning sphere.

She didn’t mind that others couldn’t see this, she supposed that maybe she was a little bit odd. She was after all the only person who genuinely liked the smell of LCL. Kaji had always told her to embrace that which others called weird. That it was a part of who she was and nothing to be ashamed of or hide. Now of course he was gone, she hadn’t cried about it since the day of the funeral but moments like this where she thought of him did bring her close to that point again.

Only she wasn’t going to cry again about it, especially not in front of Rei. She smiled to herself as she caught a glimpse of her own reflection in the window.

‘And the end of the day I’m not really any different to the others am I? I’m just someone with a messed up past and difficulty processing my feelings, just like Asuka, just like Shinji and just like Rei. We all deal with it in our own way but we can’t be honest with each other. Even when I know I should… I can’t do it. Rei is happy, she doesn’t need to worry about me… and if she is happy then… I’ll be happy too.’

She turned around to see what Rei was doing. Rei’s focus was on their television screen, she was playing a game. Mari watched as Rei guided a character on screen through an ancient structure of sorts. The character continued moving through this structure into different rooms, some of which had traps of different kinds that Rei was able to dodge with no problem and others had enemies that Rei quickly vanquished.

She took a seat next to Rei and watched until Rei had made it to the end of the level. After which Rei put down the controller and looked into Mari’s eyes.

“Are you nervous about tomorrow?” Rei asked.

Mari smiled and let out a small laugh, “Would be lying if I didn’t say I wasn’t a little bit nervous Blue, always get a little bit nervous before every mission. I’m about to pilot a 60ft death robot into the unknown. Did you ever get nervous before piloting?”

“I… do not believe so.” Rei started to speak, “I did not… have the same grasp of my feelings that I have right now though. Back then I used to question why Shinji was scared of piloting or why anyone was nervous. I had faith in the Eva’s and also I knew… the truth of my existence I suppose.”

Mari smiled, “But you are nervous now?”

Rei nodded, “I am no longer a pilot but I do find myself nervous for a number of reasons. I am worried that harm might come to you during tomorrow’s mission. I do not wish to see you hurt. It would be my desire to pilot alongside yourself and Asuka and protect you if I could.”

“I expect Shinji feels the same way about Asuka, truth be told I imagine a lot of people would feel more comfortable if yourself and Shinji were helping us out on this. Regardless of their feelings about yourself and your brother you’re good pilots and we could use another Eva in this.”

Rei lowered her eyes, “Yes… he said that although he dislikes piloting he would rather being doing that then nothing at all.”

"And how about you? Would you be willing to jump in to save us damsels in distress?"

Rei did not seem to take any time at all to think about it before a smile crossed her lips, "Yes, I would."

Rei suddenly turned herself on the couch moving to face Mari, she placed a hand along Mari's cheek and stroked it softly.

"I have a request to make of you."

"Ooh a request, what would that be?" Giggled Mari as she also shifted her body bringing her legs up onto the couch.

"Promise me that you will return safely, I do not wish for any harm to come to you."

Rei leaned in closer to Mari as she spoke those words, she finished her sentence with her lips just inches away from Mari's. Mari was for a moment lost in Rei's deep red eyes. Finally Mari nodded, "I promise."

As soon as Mari had finished making her promise Rei moved into kiss Mari on the lips. The kiss was different than the usual little pecks on the cheek or lips that they had shared up until now, this was deeper and more passionate. Mari felt herself move onto her back as Rei mounted her, her knees either side of Mari's hips.

Finally the kiss was broken and Mari feeling herself blush looked up, "Rei I..."

"I am afraid that I am not certain what I should say at a time like this. There are things that I... wish to do but I am..."

A blush tinged Rei's cheeks as she trailed off. As she did a smirk found its way onto Mari's face as she realized from the passion of the kiss they had shared and the awkward placement of Rei's hands on Mari's body what it was Rei wanted to do.

"Are you nervous?" Mari teased.

Rei nodded, "This sort of thing is something new to me. I wish to explore it but... all I have to go on is what I have read in books or knowledge I have acquired from talking to Shinji."

Mari couldn't help but laugh, "You spoke to Shinji about this sort of thing?"

"Yes, I can trust Shinji and seeing as both he and Asuka are engaged in a physical relationship I thought he could offer some advice."

"And..."

"He got flustered and seemed to want to discuss something else."

Mari let out another laugh as she slowly ran her hands up Rei's arms and along her shoulders. She stopped and gently traced her fingers down along Rei's sides watching the girl’s reactions as she did so. Rei was trembling ever so slightly and let out little gasps as Mari's hands slowly moved around her body.

"So not very helpful then?"

"He was able to offer some advice but... it took a lot of coaxing."

Mari grinned, "Oh the puppy gave some advice? I'm interested to learn what it could be."

As Mari finished speaking her grin faded and she looked Rei over one more time taking in just how beautiful the girl was at this moment. She stared Rei in the eyes, "You know Rei... you don't have to do this. We can wait until you are ready, I know you're nervous about the mission tomorrow but me and Asuka... we will return in one piece. There will be another day for this."

Rei nodded, "I know but I am sure that I want to do this. I have been contemplating this for some time."
Mari raised a curious eyebrow, "Oh and how long would that be?"

"From the moment I first kissed you." Rei took Mari by surprise and leaned in to kiss her once again. Mari returned the kiss allowing her tongue to softly meet Rei's. She could tell Rei was nervous, the kiss was a little bit awkward as was the feeling of Rei's hands moving along Mari's sides and also over her chest. Rei for the moment didn't seem sure of just how forceful she should or could be. Her hands glided across Mari's body lightly but still managing to make Mari feel good.

Finally they broke the kiss once again, "In which case Rei... I guess I'm all yours tonight."

I really enjoyed this and I'm very much looking forward to this chapter :)

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:29 am

Awww! That was adorable! I can't wait to see the whole chapter next week ^_^

Venus Love and Beauty Shock

Why this gif, you ask? Well, the spoiler was full of love, had beautiful characterization, and that was certainly a shock from Rei...
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

jcmoorehead
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby jcmoorehead » Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:07 am

Thank you both so much, it ended up being a bigger chapter than I expected, quite a lot happens in it.

Thought I'd share something as well, in the fic you'll know I named the support units TARKUS Units and in HCE Asuka actually makes a comment to Mari about Tarkus actually being an armadillo. That was actually a reference to this:

That's the album cover for Tarkus by Emerson, Lake & Palmer. Title track is a twenty minute epic about a being called Tarkus that roams the Earth and fights various other strange beings. Its a cornerstone of prog rock, absolutely incredible and well worth listening to.

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:14 pm

View Original Postjcmoorehead wrote:Thank you both so much, it ended up being a bigger chapter than I expected, quite a lot happens in it.

Thought I'd share something as well, in the fic you'll know I named the support units TARKUS Units and in HCE Asuka actually makes a comment to Mari about Tarkus actually being an armadillo. That was actually a reference to this:

That's the album cover for Tarkus by Emerson, Lake & Palmer. Title track is a twenty minute epic about a being called Tarkus that roams the Earth and fights various other strange beings. Its a cornerstone of prog rock, absolutely incredible and well worth listening to.

I had never heard this track before and I have to say its really awesome it also feels really psychedelic and you feel like its one of these tracks that should have animation going on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKNOlDtZluU

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:45 pm

View Original Postjcmoorehead wrote:Thank you both so much, it ended up being a bigger chapter than I expected, quite a lot happens in it.

Well, I'm a big fan of pop culture references, so this is a nice little tidbit to know about, and I'll definitely take a listen.

jcmoorehead
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby jcmoorehead » Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:05 pm

Glad you both enjoyed that track, I kinda felt it was appropriate posting it too as Greg Lake from ELP sadly died last week. That's two of the three members of ELP gone in the same year. As I've probably said I'm not their biggest fan but their impact on prog rock cannot be understated at all, big influences on a lot of the musicians I now listen to.

In happier news the next chapter of the story has been uploaded.

Carpet Crawl

Also some of the musical inspirations here, spoiler tagged just so it doesn't ruin anything.

The 'Nemesis Series' machines are influenced by the Seventh Angel (Clockiel) mixed in with the Tripod Fighting Machines from The War Of The World, in particular Jeff Wayne's musical version. I very much envisioned tracks like Thunderchild playing during the action sequences here.

Title of the chapter is a song by Genesis from The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway album. The track describes a large tower with the 'Carpet Crawlers' moving towards it. I kinda felt the imagery fit here for the Nemesis Series wandering around the artifact/structure.

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Tue Dec 13, 2016 7:17 am

Just want to say the new chapter rocked I can not wait for the next!

Snarling intensifies
Last edited by silvermoonlight on Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

jcmoorehead
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby jcmoorehead » Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:15 am

Next chapter is now underway! Thought I'd share the first scene, this is only a rough draft so the final version will be edited significantly but I enjoy sharing the process really. The title of this chapter is called "Run Like Hell" by the way, inspired of course by the Pink Floyd track.

Chapter 15 Preview  SPOILER: Show
Everything had turned dark again for Asuka. She hated the darkness, that was where everything could get to her. The darkness had been tolerable in the past few weeks because she had had Shinji next to her but this time he was nowhere to be seen. She looked around and strained her eyes trying to make out any possible shapes but there was nothing. She was alone in this place, she didn't even know how she had gotten here.

She had been piloting the Eva on that mission and they were surrounded by those machines. Something was about to attack and then suddenly the world had fallen away from Asuka just as It had done 14 years ago.
'Am I.... Am I dead?'

"Dead! What are you stupid?" Replied a voice eerily similar to her own but more menacing. As it spoke she heard a strange rumbling and it felt like the ground was shaking beneath her.

"W-Where am I?" She spoke aloud, as soon as she did there was a flash of light and she felt herself being pushed backwards. As her vision adjusted itself she found that she was no longer in darkness but was now sitting on a seat within some sort of train carriage. She looked upwards to see a setting sun and the city of Tokyo-3.
"Here we are again, it's always this place isn't it?" Spoke the voice again. Asuka looked across again to see seated opposite her and just off to the side was a girl in a yellow sundress. Asuka tilted her head realizing that the girl looked eerily like a younger version of herself. She couldn't quite see the girls face as she was sat with her head down and her fringe covering her eyes but she could see no eyepatch was present.

"What is this place?"

"How should I know? We always end up here though."

Asuka thought back as hard as she could at what the girl had said, she certainly couldn't remember being in a place like this before. Was she dreaming? That had to be it, a weird dream that she might have had before but had forgotten about. Yet this felt different somehow.

"How did I get here?"

"Heh, the same way any of us do. You reached into that which you shouldn't have done. You pushed it too far. You accepted that which was forbidden and now... you're one of us."

"One of you! What the hell are you talking about?" Asuka tried to sound brave and raise her voice but she was unable to disguise the trembling within it.

"You accepted its help didn't you?"

Asuka thought back to the battle, she remembered that feeling of warmth and the entity that had sprung forth to offer its help. She remembered how happy she had felt when it passed over her, it had felt like she was reclaiming something she had lost a long time ago. Slowly she nodded.

"Idiot."

"Wait I didn't..." Asuka started to protest but was cut off by another voice.

"Time to wake up."

"WAIT I DIDN'T!"

As she shouted out there was another flash of light and this time she found herself back on the Wunder, or to be precise in a quarantined cell within the Wunder. She brought a hand to her forehead and slowly rolled onto her side, her limbs were aching from the battle and memories were starting to come back to her.

She looked around the room to see an observation window situated next to a door. It was all so similar to the one she had spent weeks in after coming out of her coma. She gingerly got herself out of the bed and started trying to piece together what had happened to her.

The voices in that dream had been right, she had accepted help from something but then everything had gone black after that. She couldn't remember anything that had happened after that moment to this one now. Panicking she rushed to the window to try to look for any signs of life.

'Did I... Did I do the same thing that Shinji did? Did I push the Eva too far but then... who brought me back here?'

As she passed over the cold tiled floor, she looked down to see a tablet had been placed on its side near to the window. Curiously she picked it up and it sprung to life at her touch. She started to read its contents.

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:44 am

jcmoorehead wrote:In happier news the next chapter of the story has been uploaded.

Carpet Crawl

Also some of the musical inspirations here, spoiler tagged just so it doesn't ruin anything.

The 'Nemesis Series' machines are influenced by the Seventh Angel (Clockiel) mixed in with the Tripod Fighting Machines from The War Of The World, in particular Jeff Wayne's musical version. I very much envisioned tracks like Thunderchild playing during the action sequences here.

Title of the chapter is a song by Genesis from The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway album. The track describes a large tower with the 'Carpet Crawlers' moving towards it. I kinda felt the imagery fit here for the Nemesis Series wandering around the artifact/structure.

Well, I have to say the chapter was well worth the wait. Lots of wonderful scenes, and the story is also rapidly progressing towards something... of what only you know, but I do know it's getting even better. I have more of my thoughts in the review, but I do look forward to the next chapter!

jcmoorehead
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby jcmoorehead » Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:12 am

View Original PostDarkBluePhoenix wrote:Well, I have to say the chapter was well worth the wait. Lots of wonderful scenes, and the story is also rapidly progressing towards something... of what only you know, but I do know it's getting even better. I have more of my thoughts in the review, but I do look forward to the next chapter!

As I said in the PM thank you for the kind words, really glad you liked it. Next chapter is progressing really well actually, much quicker than the last one did anyway so it might even be up next week. I'm not going to rush things though, want to make sure this is good as there is a huge moment in the chapter.

I do hope you all like the direction the story will take. I'll admit I do have some nerves whenever I upload a chapter of this with some sort of major plot twist as I dread what people will think of it. I've had/got certain moments planned out that have to happen to develop the plot/characters and have done for a while and I am excited about it. Just hope it all pays off :D

Lennik
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Lennik » Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:36 pm

I just wanna say that I love where this story is going, and I can't wait to see what develops next. Ever since I saw 3.0 for the first time I've been interested in seeing another character lose control of an Eva or make a huge tactical error that puts them on more equal footing with Shinji's screw-ups. I've always thought it would be interesting to see how they gain perspective from that similarity between themselves and him. And I'm really anticipating Shinji's inevitable meeting with Misato.

jcmoorehead
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby jcmoorehead » Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:20 am

View Original PostLennik wrote:I just wanna say that I love where this story is going, and I can't wait to see what develops next. Ever since I saw 3.0 for the first time I've been interested in seeing another character lose control of an Eva or make a huge tactical error that puts them on more equal footing with Shinji's screw-ups. I've always thought it would be interesting to see how they gain perspective from that similarity between themselves and him. And I'm really anticipating Shinji's inevitable meeting with Misato.

Thank you so much for the kind works. I really appreciate it, really means a lot that people like this little story of mine :)

As for the meeting with Misato you won't have to wait too long, it's happening in the next chapter. I'm currently onto the editing stages of the chapter as well so I'm aiming for it to be released next week. Perhaps not on the Monday but I'm thinking of ditching the idea of releasing on Mondays and just going for a when its done its done kinda deal.

jcmoorehead
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby jcmoorehead » Sun Dec 18, 2016 4:38 pm

Finished the editing of chapter 15 today and decided that seeing as I'm going to be out pretty much all day tomorrow I'll upload it this evening.

You Must (Not) Run Away [Run Like Hell]

So the musical inspiration for this one, the name of the chapter comes from the Pink Floyd track Run Like Hell. Really strong epilepsy warning on that one, Pink Floyd used strobe/lasers/lighting extensively on their Pulse tour.

Beyond that there aren't really any references in the chapter itself, it's something of a serious one so I toned down any references. I was however listening to a lot of Dire Straits whilst writing the chapter, mostly the Alchemy Live album which has tremendous versions of Sultans Of Swing, Tunnel Of Love and Telegraph Road.

Return to “Fanfiction”