PlayStation 4

Discussions about non-Evangelion related video games, board games, card games and gaming in general.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

EVAfacepalm
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby EVAfacepalm » Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:52 pm

I've been mainly gaming on PC for a while now, but I still like playing some types of games on a console. I'm getting the PS4. Let's go over how much fail is in the Xbox One.
1.) Online check every 24 hours. Microsoft, do you understand that the internet in many places around the world is spotty? And it's a bill to pay? You just cut out a huge portion of your user-base with that move.
2.) Kinect must be plugged in for the console to work. A.) The Kinect is useless, doesn't work, and adds nothing to any type of game that a person over 6 would want to play. And B.) Microsoft is one of the companies working with the NSA. You are paying 100 extra dollars (or pounds, euros, etc. Hey Microsoft, did you know that some money is worth more than others? It's true!) to have a telescreen in your room.
3.) Used and borrowed games fee. Do I need to explain how stupid this is?

My final comment to Microsoft: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qileP4bAzek
According to Seele, Tang is the ultimate form of life. I guess that means the astronauts are committing genocide all the time then.

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Shinoyami65 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:19 pm

View Original PostEVAfacepalm wrote:I've been mainly gaming on PC for a while now, but I still like playing some types of games on a console. I'm getting the PS4. Let's go over how much fail is in the Xbox One.
1.) Online check every 24 hours. Microsoft, do you understand that the internet in many places around the world is spotty? And it's a bill to pay? You just cut out a huge portion of your user-base with that move.
2.) Kinect must be plugged in for the console to work. A.) The Kinect is useless, doesn't work, and adds nothing to any type of game that a person over 6 would want to play. And B.) Microsoft is one of the companies working with the NSA. You are paying 100 extra dollars (or pounds, euros, etc. Hey Microsoft, did you know that some money is worth more than others? It's true!) to have a telescreen in your room.
3.) Used and borrowed games fee. Do I need to explain how stupid this is?

My final comment to Microsoft: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qileP4bAzek

Why do they have all of those conditions to even use the fricking thing? Well, I can't fulfill at least three of them, so I guess I'll have to get a PS4, or a WiiU.
E̱͡v͈̙e͔̰̳͙r̞͍y͏̱̲̭͎̪ṱ͙̣̗̱͠h̰̰i͙n̶̮̟̳͍͍̫͓g̩ ̠͈en̶̖̹̪d̸̙̦͙̜͕͍̞s̸̰.̳̙̺̟̻̀

I always thought I might be bad
Now I know that it's true
Because I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

Tankred
Anime Ja Nai
Anime Ja Nai

•      
  •      

Postby Tankred » Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:28 pm

Can we stop derailing the thread? The Xbox One thread is here for you guys who feel the need to post about the Xbox One.

Stan
Tabris
Tabris

•      
  •      

Postby Stan » Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:54 pm

View Original PostTankred wrote:Can we stop derailing the thread? The Xbox One thread is here for you guys who feel the need to post about the Xbox One.

There is nothing special about the ps4, its popularity is created by comparing it to the XBONE lol. The only way to praise the ps4 is to laugh at Microsoft haha

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:20 pm

http://www.polygon.com/2015/3/26/8295511/playstation-4-update-button-mapping

:bigeyes:

Holy shit. (And yes I know it's a month old, but this is my first time hearing about it.)

This is huge for me. Who hasn't heard me complain to high heaven about the lack of control customization in gaming today, especially on consoles? While it's still no replacement for a robust in-game customization feature set, it at least finally puts a console on par with the PC in terms of input remapping. I would have been able to play Dark Souls 2 on PS4 just fine, and I never knew! :lol: (In DkS2 I switch L2 with L1 and R2 with R1 outside of the game with a utility on PC.)

How deep does this rabbit hole go, I wonder? :bigeyes: Because if this input remapper also changes the icons in-game, that actually makes its remapping feature better (bet-ter!) than what is offered on a PC, at least without individual game modification.

Oooh man oh man oh man so excite! :scared:
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

Re: PlayStation 4

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:16 pm

My PS4 is on its way. :coffee: Got it cheap online thanks to ancient unused gift cards (because I rarely have occasion to buy physical items online now that I get most of my games digitally) and a sweet pre-owned deal that was able to be so cheap by not including a controller, which I already own.

I was sorely tempted to buy the Pro, but between the price and a little bit of common sense, I went with the cheapest option. I'm not buying this machine for Teh Grafix, I'm buying it because the damn thing is holding games I want hostage that will either never come out on PC or won't be anytime soon.

And if a golden opportunity for a Pro comes along later, it'll be the perfect excuse to play the same games all over again, so buying the older model now makes all the sense in the world.

EDIT: Oh, look at that, I was the last one to post in this topic. Note the difference of ~1.5 years. I'm getting it now only because there were no other ways to play FFXV and The Last Guardian, and let me tell you, I'm buying it grudgingly.
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

Return to “Video Games and Gaming”