Comic Books!

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

BobBQ
Dyskolos
Dyskolos

Re: Comic Books!

•      
  •      

Postby BobBQ » Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:25 pm

Take the politics to Serious Discussion or the thread will be taken away.

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Shinoyami65 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:46 pm

View Original Postmovieartman wrote:If anyone can still bring themselves to care about the X-Men, new team line ups & creative teams have been announced.
http://www.cbr.com/marvel-reveals-x-men ... ping-info/

I find it weird that they're returning to the a 'two teams' dynamic from the 90s. I really miss X-Force, and the wider variety of teams shown in titles such as New X-Men or X-Men Legacy. Old Man Logan seems to basically fill the gap that Original!Logan left. A lot of the character designs seem to have reverted to previous costumes or something close to it (Storm, Colossus, Nightcrawler, Kitty, Angel). I'm not really sure how I feel about the lineup being greatly reduced to most of the original cast, either (did they destroy half the mutant population again?) and the Blue title looks like it's just going to be All-New X-Men again. Then again, I very rarely follow the series these days and this looks profoundly uninteresting. '

In good news, Monstress has started going monthly again; I'm interested to see how the new plot arc goes.
E̱͡v͈̙e͔̰̳͙r̞͍y͏̱̲̭͎̪ṱ͙̣̗̱͠h̰̰i͙n̶̮̟̳͍͍̫͓g̩ ̠͈en̶̖̹̪d̸̙̦͙̜͕͍̞s̸̰.̳̙̺̟̻̀

I always thought I might be bad
Now I know that it's true
Because I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

movieartman
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby movieartman » Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:39 pm

View Original PostShinoyami65 wrote:1 - I really miss X-Force
2 - A lot of the character designs seem to have reverted to previous costumes or something close to it (Storm, Colossus, Nightcrawler, Kitty, Angel).
3 - (did they destroy half the mutant population again?)

1 - Same here, I also miss Secret Avengers.
2 - I'm glad Storm reverted to that outfit however I am saddened to see the Mohawk go. Kitty however I'm pissed she reverted outfit-wise as I really liked the blue GOTG outfit she has had in Civil War.
3 - No but a fair number was killed by the Inhuman's terrigen mist circling the globe.

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:33 am

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/11/29/ ... e-legally/

DC to make the entire DC rebirth line of books available to read online for free.

movieartman
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby movieartman » Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:48 am

Iceman & Generation X creative teams...
http://www.cbr.com/x-mens-iceman-ongoin ... announced/
http://www.cbr.com/exclusive-generation ... -revealed/
http://www.cbr.com/generation-x-brings- ... ns-school/

We should get the creative teams for the Weapon X & Cable series in the next few days, those are the only ones of these that have any possible interest to me. Heavily will be dependent on the artist.

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Shinoyami65 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:13 pm

^Odd that they're cutting the number of Omega Level mutants down to 12. A few years ago it felt like there were much more than that running around, including most of the powerful psychic mutants, arc-relevant characters and a lot of the most powerful supervillains like Apocalypse and such.

Generation X should at least be somewhat interesting, although I do think that the core characters haven't really changed at all since Wolverine and the X-Men.

And I'm nothing like you

movieartman
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby movieartman » Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:44 pm

Some awesome artwork ^_^
Mark Brooks...
SPOILER: Show

Lee Bermejo...

Jorge Jimenez... (from today's superman annual)

Hickman talking shit against the X-Books/Marvel's use of the X-Books.

movieartman
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby movieartman » Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:54 am

Jean Grey's ongoing creative team announced.
http://www.cbr.com/marvel-reveals-jean- ... d-premise/
Victor Ibanez is a pretty good artist was on much of the Storm ongoing.
Shockingly I actually like the look of Jean's outfit on the cover, that I think is the right balance between stylized costume and casual wear.

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:26 pm

Oh good grief, Jean's alive again? At this point that woman's probably died more than anyone else in comics.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

movieartman
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby movieartman » Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:04 pm

View Original PostBagheera wrote:Oh good grief, Jean's alive again? At this point that woman's probably died more than anyone else in comics.

Its her teen self from 2005, In Bendis's All New X-Men Beast brought the Young X-Men up to the present day to jack with Adult "REVOLUTION" Cyclops.

movieartman
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby movieartman » Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:05 pm

The villains team that will be behind the new Justice League vs Suicide Squad mini series.

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:05 pm

View Original Postmovieartman wrote:Its her teen self from 2005, In Bendis's All New X-Men Beast brought the Young X-Men up to the present day to jack with Adult "REVOLUTION" Cyclops.

If that's half as dumb as it sounds I am glad I dropped those books like a bad habit years ago.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Shinoyami65 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:41 pm

View Original Postmovieartman wrote:Jean Grey's ongoing creative team announced.
http://www.cbr.com/marvel-reveals-jean- ... d-premise/
Victor Ibanez is a pretty good artist was on much of the Storm ongoing.
Shockingly I actually like the look of Jean's outfit on the cover, that I think is the right balance between stylized costume and casual wear.

I was certain young!Jean was going to have to go through this plot arc. The recurring green/gold Phoenix references in most of her costumes have been foreshadowing it for a while. I don't like her new jacket much, but maybe it'll grow on me.

What I'm worried about is that this plot arc has been done at least 3 times now. First it was the original Phoenix Saga/Dark Phoenix Saga, then it was a continuing theme throughout New X-Men up until the end of the conflict with Xorn; then after older!Jean ascended to the White Hot Room they came up with Hope Summers. Not to mention the alternate Jeans running around with the Phoenix Force in Ultimate X-Men or Age of Apocalypse. My main worry is that it usually always ends in one of three ways: either Jean loses the Phoenix at the end of the arc, or she's killed off/removed from reality so the mutants can't have a powerful world-altering power on their side. One of the recurring themes of the Phoenix is that even though Jean (or any psychic redhead who happens to be around) is destined to wield the Phoenix Force, its power can't be contained by a human vessel so Jean either lets go of it, or is killed off (possibly after going Dark Phoenix). Avengers vs X-Men tried to shake things up a bit by splitting the Phoenix Force between 5 characters, but in the end they just went down the stereotypical evil overlord route and the Phoenix got sent back to the void again. The story can't really end any other way without a reinterpretation of the Phoenix, but it's getting rather repetitive now. I'd actually be interested in seeing Jean just being Phoenix as a recurring character rather than as the focal point of an entire arc (like Rachel Summers was for a time, as a member of the X-Men and Excalibur), but sooner or later she's either going to go insane or get powered-down.

And I'm nothing like you

movieartman
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby movieartman » Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:07 pm

For horror fans, the Slasher Trilogy Hatchet will be getting a comic series.
The lead in that Victor Crowley previously had a one shot with Hack/Slash.
http://bloody-disgusting.com/comics/341 ... ok-series/
Hope Juan Jose Ryp is drawing it, his Friday the 13th comic covers were awesome.

El Squibbonator
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby El Squibbonator » Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:17 pm

View Original Postmovieartman wrote:The villains team that will be behind the new Justice League vs Suicide Squad mini series.

Really? This is a thing now?
Life can seem a challenge. Life can seem impossible. It's never easy when so much is on the line.

Do you like Eva? Do you like Pokemon? Then check out Neon Genesis Evangelemon-- You Can (Not) Catch 'Em All thread/16052/Neon-Genesis-Evangelemon/

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:57 pm

"Base of operations: Earth."

Oh that narrows it down, thank you.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:02 pm

View Original Postmovieartman wrote:The villains team that will be behind the new Justice League vs Suicide Squad mini series.

I am honnestly perplexed as to how Emerald Enchantress and particularly Lobo wound up being part of that group. Why the hell does Lobo give a shit about anything going on on Earth?

movieartman
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby movieartman » Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:52 pm

View Original PostBagheera wrote:I am honnestly perplexed as to how Emerald Enchantress and particularly Lobo wound up being part of that group. Why the hell does Lobo give a shit about anything going on on Earth?

As for Enchantress seems to be related to Legion of Super Heroes which Dc seems to building up to after the Rebirth one shot which teased them.
She may be trying to alter history. Which several Legion era villains have tried before.

No idea on Lobo.

movieartman
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby movieartman » Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:40 pm

The cruelty of the X-Books knows no bounds...
They put my favorite mutant Domino in her element on a kill crew with awesome ass Lady Deathstrike under a good writer (Greg Pak)... and then the art is by GREG FUCKING LAND!
:deskbang:
http://www.cbr.com/marvel-announces-wea ... ly-roster/

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Shinoyami65 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:15 pm

^Oh Lord. I have never liked Land's art, and it appears it hasn't changed at all; if anything it's now become flat and bland as well. Expect to see lots of people with unnatural smiles at inappropiate moments.

Also, I never thought I'd see Wolverine, Lady Deathstrike and Sabertooth on the same team. It feels like this series really wants to be X-Force, but is afraid to be quite as murderous and bloody as the old X-Force or Uncanny X-Force (otherwise they wouldn't have hired Land, whose approach to violence is very tame from what I've seen).

And I'm nothing like you

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”