Everything is Rockin'! [RML Thread 4]

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

MAGI_01
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

Re: Everything is Rockin'! [RML Thread 4]

•      
  •      

Postby MAGI_01 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:36 pm

In a bit of an odd twist of fate, I am now the acting technical manager at the sister location to my store. The technician there suddenly gave his two weeks on Monday and today during our district technicians visit, we worked out a deal to have me going to our sister location three days a week and spending only two days at my own store.

Basically I'm going to be there to stem the flooding and try to right the ship while they figure out what to do. Chances are either my boss will transfer and then I will become the technical manager of our store or I will fully take the reigns at our sister location. Either way I have to take and pass the technical aptitude test with a 75 or better to be able to be fully promoted. This is my trial run so to speak as our DT put it. They are going to see what I can do with a troubled store. I can only hope it all go's well but I am certainly going to give it my best.
"If it's stupid but works, it isn't stupid." - Me
"Has anyone ever told you how pretty your eyes are?" - Akio's most famous line.
Akio in Lance of LoL's Rebuild RP
Steam/PSN: MAGI_01 Origin: MAGI_02
Interested in a FMA based RP? Then check this out!

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

•      
  •      

Postby child of Lilith » Thu Nov 24, 2016 2:01 am

Good luck, MAGI_01.
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

MAGI_01
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby MAGI_01 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:59 am

Thanks!

I'm wondering if I should take a trip over to that store to get an idea of what to expect rather than walk into a mystery. I might actually go tomorrow but that depends on if the assistant technician there needs some support to fix some machines that are currently down.

Either way, I guess I should be mentally preparing myself for what lies ahead.

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

•      
  •      

Postby child of Lilith » Fri Nov 25, 2016 3:46 am

I'd say visiting first would be a good idea.
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

MAGI_01
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby MAGI_01 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:36 am

I think I may go this weekend to get an idea. One of our managers transferred over to that store about a month ago so I'll have to ask her if she will be there so I'll at least know one person there and not look like a weirdo checking out things haha.

Found out today also that our district level people are coming back next week. I am expecting a talking to about taking the full position there.

Bring it on! :guitarpunk:

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:39 am

I've met a new online social circle who have helped me feel like myself again just by being themselves. Over time, I've become more and more closeted, but these ladies? They don't just make me feel normal, they make me feel just a little square. :lol: And without making me uncomfortable in other ways.
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:54 am

Went to Arby's today and their card machine broke between when I ordered and when I got the food so I got it for free. :guitarpunk: That I've been trying to save money lately makes it that much more satisfying.
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:31 pm

Well, that's one final done. One question, three pages long, with four hours to answer it as best you can. It was an utter clusterfuck of interrelated facts about seven people, five contracts, and three lawsuits. I have absolutely no idea how I did but it's over, and that's something to celebrate.

I need a beer.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:44 pm

Thousand Sons. Old school daemonettes. My wallet hates me.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

MAGI_01
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby MAGI_01 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:34 am

Acquired my self present and my nephews present today so all my Christmas shopping is now done.

The presents in question being tickets in March to see Distant Worlds in Seattle once again. Already gonna be there for a spin off concert series of chamber music versions of the distant worlds pieces put on by the same people that do DW. They surprise announced the main DW show last night and I picked up tickets during today's pre-sale.

14th row back and in the center where as last time I was near the back of the hall. This is gonna be epic.

And with these being played:

FINAL FANTASY XV: Apocalypsis Noctis
FINAL FANTASY VII: Cosmo Canyon
FINAL FANTASY VIII: Eyes On Me
FINAL FANTASY XIV: Dragon Song
FINAL FANTASY XIV: Answers

It's going to be perfect.

soul.assassin
Geezer of All Trades
Geezer of All Trades

•      
  •      

Postby soul.assassin » Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:30 am

Finally capped off a rather interesting two weeks with Rogue One, with an earlier live concert followed by a new GPU, then a lucky find in the form of a circa-90s 1/10 scale Bullhead monster truck sold for very cheap.

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Wed Dec 21, 2016 5:09 am

It's been an interesting six months. At the end of Summer and the start of the Fall semester of school, I was absolutely depressed, self-loathing, withdrawn, and self-harming. I started seeing a therapist, and after a pretty bad episode around Halloween, I met with a psychiatrist who started me on a low dosage of an anti-depression and anti-anxiety medication, Zoloft (aka Sertraline). It's been nearly two months, which is about how long it takes for it to take full effect, and I can honestly say I feel better than I have in years. I've joined a gym and have been going about once a week, which in turn has increased my appetite, compelling me to actually get my three meals a day, and I've been finally gaining a bit of weight (when I was weighed at the hospital of couple months ago, I weighed 106lbs at 5'10"). I work at Five Guys Burgers as a shift leader, and I got transferred back to the store I started at, a much busier store, and I'm getting a raise; it's more work, and the store was in pretty bad shape, but I've been stepping up and enjoying the work I do more. I really love some of the new people I'm working with, and I've made friends and gone out with them; last night I was up until 4:00am hanging out my adorable lesbian co-worker trolling people on chat roulette. I used to be scared to get to know people and let my guard down, and now I'm able to once again relax, make jokes, and enjoy each step of my commute. I used to have an aversion to prescription medication, but it really has helped and I'm grateful. For the first time in a long time, I'm optimistic about my life, even if the overall long term direction hasn't really changed.
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

BobBQ
Dyskolos
Dyskolos

•      
  •      

Postby BobBQ » Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:39 pm

Glad to hear you're doing better!

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:13 pm

Yeah, glad things are looking up for ya Sachi!
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:14 pm

The enemy is slain. My house is mine own again.

The mouse is dead.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:27 am

I babysat my nephews and niece and had a good (if tiring) time. They're all old enough now (at 8, 6, and 3) that we can engage in activities we all enjoy, so after playing around in the basement and then putting my niece to bed, the nephews and I played the Pokemon TCG on the dining room table, but with a ruleset modified to compensate for our lack of energy cards (and, in my opinion, making the game vastly more fun in the process, at least for us).

I'm quite proud of it actually:

For TCG nerds only  SPOILER: Show
Instead of energy cards, we use other Pokemon. In place of the usual rule that allows you to attach one energy card to an in-play Pokemon per turn, you can sacrifice (ahem, "tribute") a Pokemon from your hand or the Bench and use it like an energy card of the same type (so a fire Pokemon behaves like a fire energy card, for example).

Another modification we made is to the summoning/evolution rules. AFAIK, in the official rules, the only (normal) way to put an evolved Pokemon into play is to play its lower forms first, laying each new one atop the previous canonical form. In our version, any Stage 1 Pokemon can be evolved from any Basic Pokemon, and the same for a Stage 2 from a Stage 1. When "summoned" this way, the newly-played Pokemon card retains all the energy (but also all the damage) attached to the Pokemon it replaces. Stage 1 and Stage 2 Pokemon can also be summoned directly to the Bench (that is, as opposed to being played upon an existing in-play card) by tributing the same number of 'mons as the Stage number (so, 1 or 2 respectively) from the hand or Bench.

That last part is crucial; you can't tribute your Active Pokemon, because then you could cheaply just replace a heavily-damaged 'mon with a fresh one. But you can do it in a more roundabout way by first paying its retreat cost to return it to the Bench and then using it as a tribute, either to summon another 'mon or as energy.

Lastly, we allow retreat cost payments to be supplemented by tributes from the hand or Bench.

These changes began out of need, but now I think I like them for their own sake. Being able to sacrifice Pokemon to serve as energy means that nearly every card drawn (from a deck consisting almost entirely of Pokemon cards, in this case) can be put to some use, whereas usually when I play a TCG I run into frustrating and un-fun streaks of cards I can't do anything with in the situation. Plenty of times while playing, I found myself in rather interesting situations where I had to choose whether to hold on to a potentially useful Pokemon or sacrifice it to sate more immediate concerns.
System Administrator

soul.assassin
Geezer of All Trades
Geezer of All Trades

•      
  •      

Postby soul.assassin » Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:28 pm

Finally got the Bullhead working, after a long time it seemed it was consigned to the shelf by its previous owner in Japan.

SPOILER: Show

Battery got charged, so tested the truck first on the bench and it's running. Then I had batteries slotted into the transmitter. Went out into the street for a test run. Did well, but sometimes has a glitch where the rheostat speed control would get stuck because of some problems with the throttle stick on the TX. The power switch on the truck seems to be unable to work, possibly because it didn't seem to have been fixed for a long time, maybe for more than 20 years with the previous Japanese owner.

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:32 pm

Just announced

SPOILER: Show

*drool*
the prophecy is true

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:33 pm

What is it?
System Administrator

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:37 pm

A new Lord of Change.
the prophecy is true

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”