Final Fantasy series

Discussions about non-Evangelion related video games, board games, card games and gaming in general.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

TheFriskyIan
Lord Hamburger
Lord Hamburger

Re: Final Fantasy series

•      
  •      

Postby TheFriskyIan » Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:49 am

Game hasn't been leaked anywhere, so all spoilers as of now are completely false. But as we inch ever so closer to release a leak is bound to happen.

In other XV news, Japanese PS accounts have the ability to download a new demo. No idea if they'll extend this to the west....
Please just call me Ian, "TheFrisky" is more of a title.

"Knowledge seeks no Man."

Sicarius VI
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Sicarius VI » Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:48 am

^Unfortunately no... but a new trailer arouse from the end of it.

Gods of Insomnia "Judgement" Trailer -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epMvOkd-jIs

I assume there isn't a way to embed youtube videos into post correct?
"I'm not going there to die, I'm going to find out if I'm really alive." - Spike Spiegel

IronEvangelion
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby IronEvangelion » Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:48 pm

View Original PostTheFriskyIan wrote:In other XV news, Japanese PS accounts have the ability to download a new demo.

Oh cool! I assumed because of the name that it was an on-disc demo instead of downloadable. I just looked at my friends list on PS4 and saw Sicarius VI was playing it, and I was thinking, "Man, he imported a demo disc? That's some dedication!" :lol:

Looks like I'll have to log onto my Japanese account and download it tonight.
[Redacted]

Sicarius VI
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Sicarius VI » Sat Nov 12, 2016 8:04 am

Oh Yea my brother and I created a Jap account.

The demo is amazing, I'm pretty certain it's the final build of the game, but just Chpt 1 of course. There seems to be a lot to explore.
"I'm not going there to die, I'm going to find out if I'm really alive." - Spike Spiegel

IronEvangelion
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby IronEvangelion » Sat Nov 12, 2016 10:19 pm

View Original PostSicarius VI wrote:The demo is amazing, I'm pretty certain it's the final build of the game, but just Chpt 1 of course. There seems to be a lot to explore.

That's cool, but if it's actually the beginning of the game then I'll pass. I want to go into the game fresh. Not much longer to wait, only 17 more days!

Plus I've heard it's over 13 gigabytes. Not going to burn up that much data for a demo when I can just install that part of the game from the disc when I get it.
[Redacted]

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Sat Nov 12, 2016 10:40 pm

IronEvangelion wrote:Not much longer to wait, only 17 more days!

That reminds me: My interest in FFXV as a gotta have right now fell off a cliff when it missed its previous release date of September 30. I had looked forward to a certain end-of-summer experience that has since become an impossibility, at least this year, so now I'm considering whether to wait out a Steam release so that I can keep delaying my increasingly not-so-inevitable purchase of a PS4 (Pro or otherwise).
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

hui43210
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby hui43210 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:28 pm

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.ph ... count=3060

Just a heads up that actual spoilers could be real very soon as retailers in Peru have already released the game.
I mean, predictability is the central attraction and the narrative hook that we've all come to expect from the Evangelion franchise. How come Anno can't realize this? Twice? - FreakyFilmFan4ever

TheFriskyIan
Lord Hamburger
Lord Hamburger

•      
  •      

Postby TheFriskyIan » Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:12 pm

View Original Posthui43210 wrote:http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=224807544&postcount=3060

Just a heads up that actual spoilers could be real very soon as retailers in Peru have already released the game.

WTF why does Peru of all places get the game this early?

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:25 pm

Am I the only who's more excited for the FFXII remaster than for XV? After already waiting this long my anticipation has waned and now that it's finally coming out, I'm sort of just meh about it. I'm sure that'll change once I actually have my hands on it.
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

hui43210
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby hui43210 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:42 pm

View Original PostTheFriskyIan wrote:WTF why does Peru of all places get the game this early?

Because their electronic stores give zero faks about release dates, it happens often when a store somewhere makes these mistakes. I remember Type-0 came out in the middle east a week before as well.
I mean, predictability is the central attraction and the narrative hook that we've all come to expect from the Evangelion franchise. How come Anno can't realize this? Twice? - FreakyFilmFan4ever

IronEvangelion
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby IronEvangelion » Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:19 pm

View Original PostSachi wrote:Am I the only who's more excited for the FFXII remaster than for XV? After already waiting this long my anticipation has waned and now that it's finally coming out, I'm sort of just meh about it. I'm sure that'll change once I actually have my hands on it.

I was actually on the verge of cancelling my pre-order last night. My hype has gone down to a trickle since the big delay, and I'm finding it hard to justify paying an extra $30+ for a pretty steelbook and a movie that many who have seen it regard as boring, especially since you can buy the blu-ray separately at Wal-Mart for about $16. Or I can get the Steelbook edition of the movie for $22 on Amazon that also includes the extended cut of Brotherhood. Being able to get the movie separately any time I want really diminishes the value of the CE. In hindsight, releasing the movie before the game was a really bad marketing decision for them. The FFXV CE's pretty steelbook isn't worth $30+ by itself. I think I'll just cancel my CE pre-order and get the game and movie+brotherhood separately.

*EDIT*

Ok, I just checked with my local Wal-Mart and found out they also carry the Steelbook version of Kingsglaive that includes the extended cut of the complete Brotherhood anime series. Long story short, I just cancelled my CE pre-order. I did the math and by buying the game and Kingsglaive+Brotherhood separately instead of pre-ordering the CE, I'll save about $11 and get more for my money ($93 including shipping for the CE with the game+Kingsglaive versus $82 for buying the normal edition of the game+Kingsglaive+Brotherhood at Wal-Mart. All I'll have to put up with in return is worse box art on the game. Then there's the added benefit of not having to pay for everything up front, which is good because money is tight right now. I can just buy Kingsglaive+Brotherhood now and buy the game whenever it's convenient.
[Redacted]

Sicarius VI
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Sicarius VI » Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:51 pm

View Original PostSachi wrote:Am I the only who's more excited for the FFXII remaster than for XV? After already waiting this long my anticipation has waned and now that it's finally coming out, I'm sort of just meh about it. I'm sure that'll change once I actually have my hands on it.

Quite frankly, I am most excited for getting VII-Remake news at PlayStation experience in 16 days. It's been a year since anything. (Not to say I'm looking forward to the XII remaster and XV).

Although apparently Nomura is waiting till after the release of Kingdom hearts 2.8 to talk about VII remake... which means it'd be another month or two of absolutely nothing.

@IronEvangelion - Yea I canceled my UCE on the 31st, the overall price of $270 is just too much. Considering that Kingsglavie is maybe 20 bucks for the bluray... and Brotherhood is free online. Also the fact UCE doesn't include the season pass. I feel like if you want the statue, by all means... but if you don't care about it (like me) don't get the UCE.

I preordered the season pass and deluxe edition at gamestop so right after school I can go and pick it up. According to the site, if you bought it to be shipped it'd arrive after the release date. The quickest way anyone could get it is by purchasing the digital edition. Which I'd only recommend buying the standard edition and not any other because you forfeit the physical stuff, much like the origins edition of Overwatch on console.

hui43210
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby hui43210 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:00 pm

Since this thread has a mini streak of people who have lost their hype, I guess I'll light up the mood by saying my hype is through the roof! it's only 12 days away, I'm going to play the game I've been more excited for than any other game in the past three years!

seriously, it's been 10 years since this game has been announced, and it was the last two month delay for optimization that killed your hype? :asuka_stare:

Sicarius VI
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Sicarius VI » Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:06 pm

^Oh I'm not saying I'm not hyped... just that the 7 remake is higher on my list.

Has anyone hear gotten a chance to play the demo?

-I have a little bit, and it's 1/2 of chapter 1. But there is a ton to do. You can find the Bioblaster, and fight the Bandersnach for a few things. Its going to be great once I can actually understand the text and voices.

One thing I find neat about the demo, is leveling. It's almost like FF8 in a way. It appears that leveling raises your stats a little bit, but it relies a lot more on skill to take down enemies. Like you can be a level 10 crew and fight a level 42 Red Iron GIant and take it down. Wonder how much this will be true in the rest of the game.

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:14 pm

I've been playing FF Dimensions on the train lately. Does that count? :tongue:
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

IronEvangelion
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby IronEvangelion » Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:28 pm

View Original Posthui43210 wrote:seriously, it's been 10 years since this game has been announced, and it was the last two month delay for optimization that killed your hype? :asuka_stare:

Yes, especially when getting the CE via pre-order at this time would have put me in a financial bind. It was kinda depressing trying to find ways to buy the stuff I needed and pay my bills while still being able to afford it. Back in September I had a lot of extra money, with a chunk of it set aside for the FFXV CE. I had also requested the release day off from work. The 2-month delay was a huge blow to my enthusiasm, I had literally everything ready for the September release. And over the months, the extra money got spent on other things I needed or wanted. With the expensive pre-order gone a huge weight has been lifted from my shoulders and I can actually feel some of the excitement for the game coming back.

Then there's the whole thing about how they went ahead with the Kingsglaive release instead of delaying that as well, which made me feel like I was paying an extra $30 for a pretty box. Then I found out the Kingsglaive steelbook edition comes with Brotherhood and I felt like S-E was ripping off everyone who pre-ordered the Deluxe and Ultimate CEs. Really they are, since with the old release date the only way to get Brotherhood was by buying the Ultimate CE. I'm not saying they shouldn't have released it separately, I'm saying they should have waited until after everyone got their CEs to do so. Releasing it separately so far ahead of the game when it was one of the pre-order bonuses is a middle finger to everyone who pre-ordered the CEs.
[Redacted]

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:12 pm

View Original Posthui43210 wrote:seriously, it's been 10 years since this game has been announced, and it was the last two month delay for optimization that killed your hype? :asuka_stare:

Yes, because hype burns out after a certain point after a big marketing push. One reason more and more companies are holding back on even announcing games until they're near completion is in recognition of this phenomenon. Absence does not make the heart grow fonder, it makes the heart realize "Actually I didn't really need this in my life right now anyway."

Plus, by the logic that it took 10 years to come out, what's waiting another few months or even a year for a Steam release or, failing that, a price drop? :heehee:
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

Stan
Tabris
Tabris

•      
  •      

Postby Stan » Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:04 pm

In other news, here is a very nice new artwork: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CxdkPvuXUAAZxj8.jpg:large

Here is more pictures of the game already being sold: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cxf5mgEUoAAwKwT.jpg:large

And here is Conan ripping the game apart, which I find funny (it's an act people, don't be angry): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXJFbsQ ... ture=share

--

Also, I hear people quoting Tabata how the Judgment Demo is not the final build, can't quite find the interview where he said that. But either way, that's good news since final product should be even better!

TheFriskyIan
Lord Hamburger
Lord Hamburger

•      
  •      

Postby TheFriskyIan » Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:14 am

View Original PostStan wrote:And here is Conan ripping the game apart, which I find funny (it's an act people, don't be angry): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXJFbsQ ... ture=share

I got the UCE (I'll share pictures when it comes) but damn Amano's art on the steel book looks so fucking awesome. I want a mural of Big Bang on my wall so bad.

TheFriskyIan
Lord Hamburger
Lord Hamburger

•      
  •      

Postby TheFriskyIan » Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:06 pm

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the Ultimate Collector's Edition!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzPss ... 0xkYzhXT28
Last edited by TheFriskyIan on Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Video Games and Gaming”