"Until You Come to me" EVA SHORT FILM 3+1 HYPE

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

Re: "Until You Come to me" EVA SHORT FILM 4.0 HYPE

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:04 am

We've known for a while that at some point they decided to end Q at a different time than originally planned. Ogata interview from the original theatrical booklet hinted at this but we got more evidence as the making-of feature came out on the BD.

While 2.0 was divided into A, B, C and D parts, Q was only up to C. Peaceful Time and Until you Come to Me use the storyboards and other material from that pretty much confirmed original D part.

I know there's discussion of this in the forum somewhere but I can't remember where. MNEF also mentions this multiple times.
"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

ChaddyManPrime
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:55 pm

Is this due to them splitting up Q and Final?
"Look at Me!, I'm Mr. MeeSeeks!" - Mr. MeeSeeks

You know nothing, Jon Snow - Chuckman

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:16 pm

No. There were always going to be four films, though at one time it was suggested that the last two would come out in quick succession.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

cyharding
Our Man in Tokyo 3
Our Man in Tokyo 3

•      
  •      

Postby cyharding » Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:12 pm

View Original PostTMBounty_Hunter wrote:We've known for a while that at some point they decided to end Q at a different time than originally planned. Ogata interview from the original theatrical booklet hinted at this but we got more evidence as the making-of feature came out on the BD.

Is this feature only on the Japanese BD or is this on the North American version as well? I'm asking because some special features don't work on my copy.
Finding intelligent life on the web is not easy, we must all be glad we found EGF. - A.T. Fish
You Can Start Again. Chapter 32 now released. Now on FF.net
Oh, Eva, you never cease to amaze me. Your fans are analizing a calendar, for god's sake.- Alpha

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:20 am

Hopefully moving Part D to the fourth film means Final will be a nice & lengthy picture. I would love for the first twenty minutes or so of Final to just be a character piece with Asuka, Rei & Shinji walking across the Red Wastelands & really talking to each other for likely the first time ever.

Though I kind've expect the actual opening scene of Final will be a flashback action sequence to some formative event in the story. Maybe Yui getting absorbed into Unit 01 & the Eva going berserk OR some event from the timeskip that shows a key moment in Misato's development.... THEN Asuka, Rei & Shinji walking across the Red Wastelands!

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE-01 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:58 pm

View Original Postpwhodges wrote:...at one time it was suggested that the last two would come out in quick succession.

That came out just as planned :lol:
Visit my Eva-figures Youtube channel!

BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby BlueBasilisk » Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:26 pm

Thanks, Numbers! ^_^

I kinda wish the content had been in the movie because it looks like it might provide some answers, but it would have really screwed with the pacing of the movie. I can't imagine 3.0 not ending like it does.
Someday I hope that we'll be reunited if that is what's destined to be. Perhaps we'll discover that elusive bible. And then we will finally be free!

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:08 pm

View Original PostGendo'sPapa wrote:Though I kind've expect the actual opening scene of Final will be a flashback action sequence to some formative event in the story. Maybe Yui getting absorbed into Unit 01 & the Eva going berserk OR some event from the timeskip that shows a key moment in Misato's development.... THEN Asuka, Rei & Shinji walking across the Red Wastelands!

I can't imagine Final not starting with an action sequence. Both 2.0 and Q started with absolutely fantastic, grabbing action set pieces that fully displace everything else from your brain priming you only for what's to come next.

That said I don't think Q's original D part will survive intact into Final. They've had years to play around and probably fine-tuned the parts necessary for the new film while discarding the rest.
"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot
Location: Somewhere between the light in my heart and the darkness in my soul

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:33 am

pwhodges wrote:No. There were always going to be four films, though at one time it was suggested that the last two would come out in quick succession.

Well let's just hope Anno's idea of "quick succession" isn't like that of Gabe Newell's idea of how long people have had to wait for Half-Life 3, which all said and done with its current release date in 2018 is 11 damn years after Half-Life 2!

Just saying, we could be in for a very long and arduous wait... ;_;
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:49 am

I have made the mistake of looking up the lyrics to "Danny Boys".

Now I'm having all these feels again. :rei_hissyfit:
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:23 pm

In the event there's any interest, here are some stitched images from UYCTM that I threw together. Please enjoy!

SPOILER: Show

The shot of Shinji walking in the snow is more difficult than the others, so I haven't done it yet.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

Re: "Until You Come to me" EVA SHORT FILM 3+1 HYPE

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:52 pm

These look so much better in full scale than they do in the compressed discord version, thanks a lot :bow:
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:16 pm

That's why in Discord you right click and select "original file".
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )

KurisuNimii
Embryo

Until you come to me (analysis) - Danny Boy

•      
  •      

Postby KurisuNimii » Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:48 pm

Guys, I was looking for some things about the 2014 video clip "Until you come to me"

This a video clip that has some art about 3.0 + 1.0 that nobody knows if they were discarded or continued (or if they were changed in just a few things) but it is about 3.0 + 1.0 including it brings some things that can be more proof for loop theory but I'll talk about it in another post

but I was seeing some things about this video clip and I found out that the title of this video is part of the lyrics (including the last part of the song) of a song used by Irish Canadians in FUNERALS (remember this) called Danny Boy , and even that is in the credits of the Until you came to me video
The song talks about a young man who is going somewhere, probably a war, and is singing about his feelings, and according to the lyrics of the song, the young man sings that he would be at peace if he knew that Danny loves him.
if we look at the lyrics of this song we can connect it all with a certain character from the anime, or better with 2 certain characters, Shinji and Kaworu
some parts of the music that are very similar to both:

"Oh Danny Boy, Oh Danny Boy, I love you so"

"But if you come and all the roses are dying and if I'm dead, I can still be fine" (that part scared me ...)

"It's you, you have to go and I have to wait"

"But come back when summer lands on the field
Or when the valley is quiet and white with so much snow "(and in the video of until came to me .. there was snow)

"You will bow and say that you love me and I will rest in peace UNTIL YOU COME TO ME"

the song talks about a young man who loves someone, the song is used at funerals and talks a lot about grief and death, besides the mourning of Shinji this can have other meanings, but I analyzed this version more deeply

my 2 interpretations:

the first is about Shinji's love for kaworu, his pain and his mourning for his death

the second is ... what if in 3.0 + 1.0 the kaworu comes back and / or the Shinji is on the verge of death?
this song reminded me a lot of that phrase that kaworu says "life and death are almost the same for me" but like, he says that in relation to him, because he is an angel, but ... would he think so if it were a lilin, including one he loves on the brink of death/maybe drying? (i hope this is not true, i was just thinking about that.. but no, i really dont want this)

and also i see a comment in a youtube video and omg.. this comment fits a lot on what im thinking:

"id anyone else notice the titles match.
You are (not) alone...until You come to me.
You can (not) advance...until You come to me.
You can (not) redo...until you come to me.
This could imply love between Kawrou and Shinji or his mother. Or even his fellow friends and co pilots."

link of danny boy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQ9W5bxJs3w

link of until you come to me: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FgLgRjCLJY

analysis of until you come to me: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYy5HwlHgyc&t=211s
Kaworu, pls come back in the 3.0 + 1.0

KurisuNimii
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby KurisuNimii » Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:22 pm

View Original PostTMBounty_Hunter wrote:I can't imagine Final not starting with an action sequence. Both 2.0 and Q started with absolutely fantastic, grabbing action set pieces that fully displace everything else from your brain priming you only for what's to come next.

That said I don't think Q's original D part will survive intact into Final. They've had years to play around and probably fine-tuned the parts necessary for the new film while discarding the rest.

so about these until you come to me" arts ....no one knows whether or not they will use the video content in the movie?
Kaworu, pls come back in the 3.0 + 1.0

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:35 am

Until we get to see the movie we won't know what's in it (apart from those bits explicitly shown us, like Avant 1). It is believed that some of the art of the short is taken from unused final scenes for Q - but whether the story will even still be told in the same way is also unknown.

A lot can change in eight years...

marumaruko
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby marumaruko » Sun Aug 16, 2020 5:33 pm

View Original Postpwhodges wrote:Until we get to see the movie we won't know what's in it (apart from those bits explicitly shown us, like Avant 1). It is believed that some of the art of the short is taken from unused final scenes for Q - but whether the story will even still be told in the same way is also unknown.

A lot can change in eight years...

Maybe I'm wrong, but isn't Avant 1 confirmed to be the beginning of the next movie?
ヒーロー見参~

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sun Aug 16, 2020 10:25 pm

Yes, hence why pwhodges used it as an example of actual Shin content that had been been explicitly shown to us.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Tue Aug 18, 2020 5:24 pm

View Original PostReichu wrote:In the event there's any interest, here are some stitched images from UYCTM that I threw together. Please enjoy!

I love these for geeky wallpaper purposes—thank you :heart:
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Line
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Line » Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:06 am

Q (Rei?..) linked with "lain"?? Lain Iwakura ??! Holyshit :boingy:
Ban me forever.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”