[Fic] Neo Genesis Evangelion

Everything Evangelion Fanfiction related.

Moderators: Derantor, Board Staff

Davizaum2810
Embryo

[Fic] Neo Genesis Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Davizaum2810 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:00 am

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11802057/1/Neo-Genesis-Evangelion

Hey everybody. I came here to present to you my humble fanfiction, Neo Genesis Evangelion. I know the title is silly for being so much like the original, but there's a good for that. The word "neo" is supposed to say that it is something new, different, but at the same time, the entirety of the name of my story is to say that it is also something familiar. I made this post short so you don't spend too much time focusing on it with the hopes that you may focus more on my Evangelion fic.

It is a more optimistic take on the story of the anime with a bit of the Rebuild movies in there. For example, Mari is also in it, but don't worry. I recreated her to be more that just a breathing pair of tits and glasses. Actually, I recreated many of the characters and such change also affected the story, being a more optimistic take on the NGE mythos that wouldn't say that it is based on the 90's anime, but actually on my memories of the 90's anime, also being more focused on fun while still making some nods to the roots of its source material as well as to other things, having its dark moments, but also exciting ones. Here are some examples of change that I made.

1) I changed the order in which the angels show up
2) I humanized Gendo
3) Like I said, I refined Mari to make her feel more like an actual character instead of just a bad excuse for fanservice by making her a genetically enhanced nutcase with Asperger's usually on edge and close to go full on ballistic
4) There's an original character there which isn't an original Eva pilot, but an old man from the USA who's a fan of Johnny Cash and Clint Eastwood
5) None of the pilots 3 main pilots (Rei, Asuka and Shinji) will be at school, at least not as students
6) Things will be less ambiguous and more explicit in comparison to the 90's anime
∞) Etc.

Also, I did my best to treat the story with respect and make it enjoyable to read at the same time in which I try to make it have an identity of its own. So far, I wrote 5 chapters and I'm currently working on the 6th one and I'll publish it at some point. If you want to know any details about the characters, NERV, SEELE, etc., just ask me and I'll do my best to answer you all.

For those that became interested in reading it, please forgive my English since it is my second language, I hope you like it, all comments are appreciated, share it with your friends if you want to, and from the bottom of my heart, thank you for your time and attention. You can read my accessing the link on the top of the post.

Fyrstorm
Tunniel
Tunniel

Re: [Fic] Neo Genesis Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Fyrstorm » Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:51 am

I remember this! I have it in my favourites on fanfic.net!

...and I'll say that there's some really fun stuff here. Namely, that whole 'Shut up, Bozo' line. That just killed me.

That's about as much as I can offer right now.
My ongoing fanfics: NGE: (Not) the End, Evangelion: Regenesis

Winking Mari makes my heart go doki doki
We're all Asuka-fanboys? I take great exception to that. It's Mari I want to plow nine ways from Sunday, if you don't mind.

What? She's 28 now.

Return to “Fanfiction”