Non-Eva Anime and Manga discussion

Moderators: New Moderators, Board Staff

Teti un
Embryo

Re: What are your other favorite anime?

•      
  •      

Postby Teti un » Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:03 am

View Original PostXxx_Generic Name_Xxx wrote:Well my favourite anime other than Evangelion.
FLCL
Ghost in the Shell
Legend of the Galactic Heroes
Kino's/Yesterday's journey
Tatami Galaxy
Toradora!
Berserk
Monogatari series
Welcome to the NHL
Nichijou
Ghost stories (dub)
Kara no Kyoukai
And
Serial Experiments Lain!

Prrety much this and I would add fate/zero
Some crab

norival1992
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby norival1992 » Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:13 am

Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
Naruto
Hunter X Hunter
One Piece
Akame ga Kill

Director Black
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Director Black » Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:04 pm

After watching Revolutionary Girl Utena and Monster, those ranked up as my favorites the moment I finished those two.
Anywhere Can Be Paradise as Long As I Have the Will to Live...

...after all, I am Alive, So I'll Always Have the Chance to Be Happy.

norival1992
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby norival1992 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 5:00 am

My favorites are in my anime list:
Dragon Ball Super
One Piece
Bleach
Gundam

StrokeMeGoat
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby StrokeMeGoat » Sat Nov 05, 2016 3:39 pm

Preface: Bold means top favorite/best/highly recommend. Italics means I still really, really enjoy them and recommend it. Everything else is still quite good, but not something I think was extraordinary, just above average enough I'd consider it a favorite.

So other than NGE+EOE/NTE of course, and in no particular order:

FLCL
Cowboy Bebop
The Monogatari Series
Steins;Gate

Madoka Magica
Mob Psycho 100 (I hesitated to rate this one above Madoka, but Mob Psycho 100 just clicked with me)
One Punch Man
Dragon Ball (Z, and I was opposed to super seeing its animation and how bad its rehash of the Battle of the Gods movie was imo, but start after the resurrection F saga and it's actually pretty good)
Code Geass
Journey to Agartha/Children Who Chase Lost Voices
The Girl Who Leapt Through Time (Wasn't my type of anime back when I watched it, I'm surprised I even gave it a chance--I am so glad I did though, it became an instant favorite)
Princess Mononoke (I had the great fortune of seeing this when I was about 9 or 10, it was the first anime other than what was airing on Toonami I ever saw, my friends had rented it from Blockbuster--NGE and Cowboy Bebop followed right after that when I was 12 on Adult Swim, except I only saw a few eps of each)
Spirited Away (I like more Ghibli films than these two, but these are the best imo)
Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind (a pre-Ghibli film made just before its inception by most of the same people, with animation done by Anno in his early days, including it since it's not technically Ghibli and definitely worth a mention)
Yu Yu Hakusho
Paranoia Agent
Paprika
The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya (it's best to have watched the series first, but I didn't like the series itself all that much, the movie is just fantastic)
Ghost in the Shell
Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood
Akira
Welcome to the NHK
Serial Experiments Lain
Death Note
Samurai Champloo (didn't especially like this one, but it was entertaining)
Kill la Kill

That's about all I can remember.

edit:

Here are some more I recently watched/remembered.

Diebuster/Gunbuster 2 (I need to watch Gunbuster still)
The Kara No Kyoukai/The Garden of Sinners Movies (some of the best animation I've seen, I fell in love with these overnight; the story isn't especially deep, but the pacing is great, the violence is sparse but the action when it comes is fantastic, and it's overall very entertaining and well balanced)
Ergo Proxy (was okay, nothing spectacular)
Redline (merely forgot this one before, very entertaining despite its abrupt ending, which wasn't necessarily bad; you could almost feel how they just wanted to get the movie over with after its 7 year production, or however long it was)
Jin-Roh: The Wolf Brigade (forgot this one too, but it was really good; a bit slow yes, but overall fantastic)
Shingeki No Kyojin/Attack on Titan (forgot this one too, fairly entertaining despite its pacing issues)
WataMote/Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui (makes me think of a more funny/at times more physically painful/cringe inducing Welcome to the NHK due to the vicarious negative social experiences... it's meant to be more comical than NHK was though)

edit 2:

I want to add two more to the list:

Gunbuster
Baccano! (This one is utterly fantastic; nothing to deep or pretentious, the anachronous style of story telling is used to great effect, its highly entertaining, and there really wasn't a single moment where I felt bored during a portion of an episode... I was interested the entire time I watched it, wanting to know what happened next. It's not a masterpiece per se, but its execution was spot on)

Antonio94
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Antonio94 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:29 am

My current favorite anime would be:
One-punch Man (hilarious, yet talks about serious matters at the same time)
Psycho-pass
Mob Psycho
Death Note (it sticks close to the original manga and still preserves the same amount of tension)
Persona 4 anime (probably I'm so into Persona 4 game, waiting to see if they have Persona 5 anime too)

There are probably more to it but for those all the most impressive anime to me currently.

Return to “Anime and Manga”