[FanFic Series] Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy

Everything Evangelion Fanfiction related.

Moderators: Derantor, Board Staff

xfs
Embryo

Re: New FanFic! Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy

•      
  •      

Postby xfs » Mon Oct 31, 2016 1:29 am

During a recent rewatch of 2.0 I found some new connections and had this general speculation about Mari's motives (in this fanfic) based on a mix of previous episodes and the canon and this analysis post/411487/Analysis-of-Maris-role-in-Rebuild-lengthy/#411487.

I didn't really find any satisfying speculation about Mari's background in the Rebuild forum so I decide to have some fun myself.

SPOILER: Show
The most authoritative argument about Mari's role is from the 2.0 CRC as in she is a "Miko-san [shrine maiden] channeling the gods". When you take into account of her previous encounters with Lilith, that argument makes it sound very much like Mari's is actually an agent of Lilith, willingly or unwittingly.

In 2.0 after she ejected from Unit-05, she said to herself "I'm a little hesitant/worried/sorry about involving an adult/adults in my affairs/for my motives." My interpretation is that she was willing to fight against Tunniel and almost get killed for her own motives. That also implies the motives would be something important as her mission for life and are somewhat different from Kaji's (but allied). However, these motives are never mentioned again later. I won't be surprised if her ulterior motives are something ultimate and grand beyond just protecting the Children, like assisting Lilith's scenario, which runs in parallels to SEELE's plan and Gendo's plan. Because Lilith is very much sentient in this fanfic, it is entirely plausible that Lilith is also an active plot-driving actor to have her own scenario (fight against Adams?).

So how does fighting against Tunniel help with her mission? This was a scenario designed by Gendo to 1) steal Nebuchadnezzar's Key and 2) destroy Unit-05 and it was executed by Kaji and assisted by Mari. It's possible she knew how Neb's Key worked and decided turning it to Gendo's hand would help with her cause, in the case that she is truly the envoy of Lilith with god's knowledge. Or it's also possible she didn't know but she wanted to do Gendo a favor in exchange for his tacit agreement that she could go to NERV HQ, in the case that she's unwittingly acting under Lilith's latent influence. Later NERV's staff and the Children didn't know her at all until Wille (Gendo should know everything as cunning as he always is). This is probably because Gendo wouldn't allow her getting anywhere near in the first place again probably because Gendo knew she was very dangerous by knowing so much or being associated with a spy, so she probably had to do the favor in order to do anything.

When I looked at the context around the above dialogue, several things stand out. Unit-05 is the "first time" when she piloted any Eva and her piloting skills are superb without prior experience. ("syncing with an Eva was really more intense than people say." She had synced with a core but she hadn't experienced the synced pain in combat.) The only plausible explanation I can think of is she acquired certain special abilities during the time when she stayed in the core of Unit-XP for her to be a natural to sync with any Eva. Another unexplained thing is her eagerness to pilot or how she piloted for fun. This seems not very consistent with her previous unpleasant stay with Lilith. Indeed, this part of her character can use some backstories to explain and show what kind of fun that is and where it comes from. Apparently this fun is different from being comfortable sitting in mom's lap as in the case for Shinji and Asuka.

There is also a weird situation for MariRei as Rei has Yui's body but Lilith's soul. I'm not exactly sure how Mari felt towards Lilith as it appears Mari would hate her because of all the mind rapes, but those mind rapes didn't look really painful to be honest (because I didn't see them have a lasting effect, Mari didn't have a total breakdown, didn't get incapacitated, didn't have nightmares, as Asuka did). Or maybe Rei only had the benign part of Lilith's soul while the sadistic part was some other part related to Unit-00/Rei I's soul.

Granted, the fic is not really following the Rebuild plot, but this is only me having fun theorizing on Mari's motives while patiently waiting for next chapters.

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot
Location: Somewhere between the light in my heart and the darkness in my soul

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Fri Nov 04, 2016 6:53 am

Hello again!

So, the new chapter will be up on Saturday (November 5, 2016) but that doesn't mean an excerpt isn't in order. Also, it's not a very spoilery, so it does not contain any of the changes I've made to the events. That you'll have to read tomorrow.
Excerpt of Episode IV, Chapter 5  SPOILER: Show
Excerpt from Episode IV: The Last Hope – Chapter 5 – School of Hard Knocks; Shamshel Attacks

Misato and Shinji were on their way back home from NERV. They had just gotten off the car train, and were exiting the access tunnel.

“Shinji, how was school today?” Misato asked.

“It was ok.” Shinji replied while staring blankly out the window.

“Are you sure? You sound kinda down.” Misato gave him a worried glance. “Are you sure everything there is going ok? You can tell me anything, Shinji, I’m here to help you…”

“Its fine, I keep to myself mostly.” Shinji replied. “Its way better than my old school, they never left me alone there, always teasing me and hitting me, it’s nice to be… invisible.”

“You used to get hit?!” Misato shouted. “Why did nobody do anything?! What about your old guardian?! Why didn’t he step in?!”

“I never told him, he couldn’t do anything anyway. The teachers never did, they just saw me as the child of Gendo Ikari – Wife Murderer. I was judged because of him, and I couldn’t do anything about it.” Shinji kept staring out the window. “Besides, I can handle myself. It happened for long enough, it doesn’t even hurt anymore…”

‘Shinji…’ Misato thought. ‘Life hasn’t been fair to either, has it? I guess we really are a lot alike, almost like destiny brought two souls together to help one another…’

“Is the story getting too real for you, Misato?” Shinji asked. “Or is something wrong with you.”

Misato looked over at Shinji again. “What do you mean? I just…”

“Couldn’t think of a way to make me feel better?” Shinji asked. “It doesn’t matter, as long as people leave me alone, I’m just fine! Friends just end up disappearing and leaving you… alone…” Shinji said sullenly as a tear rolled down his eye. ‘Like that girl from so long ago…’ Shinji thought. ‘Why did she leave me?’

“Shinji… I’m sorry.” Misato replied. “I just…”

“Just pull over here, I have to pick stuff up for dinner.” Shinji said gruffly. “I’ll walk the rest of the way back.”
–––
Misato was taking a shower after dropping Shinji off on the side of the road. While she was soaping herself up, she was talking to herself about Shinji.

“I wonder what’s up with Shinji…” Misato said to the shower wall. “I mean, he’s sometimes so quiet, and sometimes he’s a dick, but he’s been through so much. His file mentions nothing, save for his mother’s death and father abandonment… I guess he just needs a friend, but I can’t be his friend… I just don’t get him… I want to help him so badly, but I’m just not sure how to. He’s not exactly open about things…”

Misato rinsed the soap off herself and sighed. “Well, at least a nice hot shower at the end of a long day can make things better… maybe I’ll just take a bath later too, to relax. I wish I knew what could calm Shinji down though…he’s so tightly wound, it’s only a matter of time before he snaps and does something… drastic.”

Shinji was walking towards the apartment. ‘I hope Misato’s not mad.’ Shinji thought. ‘But, she was asking questions she wasn’t prepared to hear the answer to. Sometimes the truth is just harsh, there’s no way around it.’ He pushed open the door and walked into the apartment. Shinji realized he didn’t actually unlock the door. ‘Great, she left the door unlocked again. Someone could just walk in, like any perv off the street. Misato is just so careless. Whatever…’

Shinji wake silently into the kitchen, after locking the front door. Shinji got hard to work on dinner, and beginning to cook a simple stir–fry. Pen–Pen waddled up to Shinji while he was cooking and began to pull at his pants leg.

“Wark!” Pen–Pen squawked sullenly.

“Oh, hello Pen–Pen.” Shinji replied to the sad bird “I bet you’re hungry, aren’t you?”

“Wark, wark!” Pen–Pen squawked in reply.

Shinji went into the fridge and gabbed a package of beef jerky. “I got this especially for you. I figured since the package disappeared, you might like one to yourself.”

Pen–Pen wrapped his fins around Shinji’s leg. “WARK!”

Shinji patted Pen–Pen’s head. “You’re welcome.” Shinji replied, as Pen–Pen ran off to the couch and ripped open the package of jerky, eating all of it in a rush before slumping over in a happy daze. “Silly bird…”

Shinji kept cooking while Misato got dressed. ‘So, he came back without saying hello. Guess he’s still mad…’ Misato thought as she went out into the kitchen to relax. She grabbed three beers from the fridge, and cracked one open and chugged it. “Ahhhhh!” Misato exclaimed. “There is nothing like a cold beer after a hot shower, right Shinji?”

“Misato, I don’t drink.” Shinji said as he served dinner. “I’m a minor, remember?”

“You’re no fun.” Misato replied, digging into her dinner. “So, Ritsuko called me with some results from today’s test. You’re reaction time has improved incredibly since you started piloting. But one area of improvement she can see is, you need to respond faster to orders. That lack of response time is dangerous, and could become a problem down the line.”

“I can’t help it, Misato.” Shinji replied. “I’m just not cut out for this shit. Besides, it’s not like I’m piloting because I want to.”

‘I thought he was piloting because he wanted to… I’ve got to set him straight…’ Misato thought as she stared at Shinji in shock. “What kind thinking is that, Shinji?!” Misato shouted. “The lives of all mankind are riding on you as a pilot, if you think like that in combat, you’re liable to get yourself killed!”

“Whatever, I don’t really care.” Shinji replied as he played with his food. “It doesn’t matter when I die, it’ll happen when it’s supposed to, EVA or not.”

Misato slammed her beer down and stood up. “What the hell kind of thinking is that?! You may be open and accepting of death, but the rest of us aren’t quite as accepting of that. You’re an important pilot to us, your life is no longer yours to live! I don’t want you to die, stop thinking that way!”

Shinji swiped his hand across the table, sweeping his plate off the table and leaving a mess on the floor of his uneaten food. His face looked livid as he stood up and silently walked away from Misato. ‘So I belong to them, do I?’ Shinji thought. ‘And here I thought Misato took me in because she liked me… does anyone in the world care about me?’

“Hey, I’m talking to you Shinji where the hell do you think you’re going?” Misato asked.

“Bed.” Shinji replied angrily. “I’m done with this conversation. You made your point very clear, nothing is my decision anymore, and can only die if I’m ordered to. Just go out and kill angels, and eventually, I’ll be told I can be in control of my life again, if I don’t die before hand. I’ll see you in the morning.”

“Shinji, get back here and clean up this mess!” Misato shouted.

“It’s your turn for cleanup tonight, Misato, look at that chart of yours.” Shinji said coldly. “Goodnight…” Shinji slammed the door to his room. ‘It’s not like I have anything worth fighting for anyway…’ He thought he laid back on his bed and looked at the ceiling.

Shinji left Misato standing alone and confused. “What did I just do?” Misato muttered. “I was just trying to motivate him…”
Hope you all enjoyed the spoiler, the chapter will be out in full tomorrow, so be ready. Yeah it was long, but the chapter is long.
Next Week on NGE: Legacy  SPOILER: Show

The links and status of the saga are below:
Origins Arc - Complete!
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy - Episode I: The Phantom Menace; Complete, 10 Chapters
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy - Episode II: Attack of the Seeds; Complete, 12 Chapters
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy - Episode III: Revenge of Ikari; Complete, 12 Chapters
Angels Arc - Underway
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy - Episode IV: The Last Hope; In-Process, 4 of 12 Chapters
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy - Episode V: SEELE Strikes Back; Outlined, 0 of 12 Chapters
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy - Episode VI: Return of Reality; Outlined, 0 of 12 Chapters
Resurgence Arc - Under Construction...
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy - Episode VII: Awakenings
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy - Episode VIII: Echoes of the Past
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy - Episode IX: Daybreak
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

jcmoorehead
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby jcmoorehead » Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:53 am

Looking forward to the next chapter, interesting differences for the way the characters are acting here.

Shinji is definitely a bit more quick to anger than expected.

xfs
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby xfs » Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:37 pm

Characterization difference  SPOILER: Show
Careful here. Big difference with Shinji's characterization.

What I see here is a jaded, cynical, confrontational, destructive, full-blown sarcastic Shinji. NGE!Shinji is passive, approval seeking, good-hearted, clinging.

NGE!Shinji's personality is shaped by past abandonment, solitude, lack of social interaction or social anything. His story of growth is about coming out of his shell to face the reality and experience hurt in getting close to others. This Shinji's personality is shaped by past hostility, solitude, social isolation. What is his story of growth going to be?

Not saying this is not workable since we probably have a time loop theory going on for this Shinji to be a different incarnation and have different background, it's just things need to be looked after carefully to have a meaningful connection to the canon without making this character being perceived totally removed from the original one.

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Fri Nov 04, 2016 3:38 pm

Looking forward to the next update. :asuka_happy:

For any one whose a bit surprised by the authors Shinj being more aggressive and forward you may want to check out the Manga as he's much more angry and sassy in there and I believe that is the Shinji that is being written about in this fanfiction not the rebuild, EOE or series one.
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3
Sequel As The Divine Light Breaks For download version please go to AO3

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:46 pm

Hello again everyone!

The new chapter is now up! It's a little late, but its still up on Saturday, even if the day is almost over...

Here for your reading pleasure:
The next Chapter out will be entitled:
    Chapter 6 – Operation Yashima; Ramiel Obliterates
Ramiel  SPOILER: Show
I'm looking forward to this Chapter...Image

And seeing as she is focused on quite a bit in this chapter, introducing, Hikari Horaki!
I hope you enjoy the chapter, and the changes that are occuring! Leave some comments on any thoughts you may have about the story, either here or on fanfiction.net. I love getting any and all feedback!

Origins Arc - Complete!
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy - Episode I: The Phantom Menace; Complete, 10 Chapters
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy - Episode II: Attack of the Seeds; Complete, 12 Chapters
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy - Episode III: Revenge of Ikari; Complete, 12 Chapters
Angels Arc - Underway
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy - Episode IV: The Last Hope; In-Process, 5 of 12 Chapters
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy - Episode V: SEELE Strikes Back; Outlined, 0 of 12 Chapters
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy - Episode VI: Return of Reality; Outlined, 0 of 12 Chapters
Last edited by DarkBluePhoenix on Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:03 pm

Awesome update, now I have to wonder when a certain other friend is going to drop in :D
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:42 am

Hello again, folks!

So, with Chapter 6 most likely coming out next Saturday or Sunday, I wanted to list out the next few chapters that will be coming out, through Chapter 9. Also, no spoilers are on the list, just ther Angel of the week, which are in the same order as the show.

Also, as a preview of the next few chapters, here are the titles for the first half of Episode IV:
    Chapter 6 – Operation Yashima; Ramiel Obliterates
    Chapter 7 – Shinji Ikari’s Day Off
    Chapter 8 – Deep Blue Sea; Gaghiel Surfaces
    Chapter 9 – Dance Dance Revolution; Israfel Divides
Soon, these four will be together at last...
Origins Arc - Complete!
Angels Arc
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy - Episode IV: The Last Hope; In-Process, 5 of 12 Chapters

jcmoorehead
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby jcmoorehead » Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:32 am

Already reviewed on FFN but I enjoyed that chapter. I do find your Shinji to be a lot sassier than usual, he's a lot more mistrusting but he still retains a lot of the questioning behaviour that makes him Shinji. His pushing away of people is far more direct here but you're also seeing why he does it.

I'm really excited to see the reunion between him and Asuka and whether they will recognize one another here.

xfs
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby xfs » Mon Nov 07, 2016 3:13 pm

Yeah indeed. I guess I was pulling conclusions out of context for the excerpt and it can only be wrong without the full picture. After reading it in full the whole thing is actually logical from his past experience and promising because I foresee a future when he grows and learns to get along with people so apparently the hostility at this stage is just to have him start on a low note. Adding the sassiness on top of his original passivity makes the character richer.

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:57 pm

Hey there Space Cowboy! (Oh wait, wrong show...)

So, the new chapter will be up on Saturday (November 12, 2016), so it's time for an excerpt!
Excerpt of Episode IV, Chapter 6  SPOILER: Show
Excerpt from Episode IV: The Last Hope – Chapter 6 – Operation Yashima; Ramiel Obliterates

It had been a few hours since Shinji’s new friends had left. Toji, Kensuke and Hikari stayed for a while. They ate, they talked, and they watched some TV. Shinji was happy for the first time since he could remember, since the last time he made a friend in Tokyo–3 almost 11 years ago. However, Shinji was still tired from his runaway attempt, and his stint of being unconscious (courtesy of Section 2), as he hadn’t really slept that well since the night before he fought Shamshel.

Misato was sitting on the couch next to a nearly passed out Shinji, and she got a phone call.

Brrring… brrring… brrring…

Misato took a sip of beer and answered the phone. “Hello?”

Hey, Misato. Can you come down to the cleanup site? I know you’re busy getting over Shinji leaving…” Ritsuko said.

“He didn’t leave, Ritsuko, he’s right next to me.” Misato said proudly. “He decided to stay and pilot.”

Oh, really? I’m surprised… I didn’t think he’d pilot again. What changed his mind?” Ritsuko replied. “You didn’t bribe him with your body, did you?

“I’m not a sexual predator Ritsuko, so leave it alone!” Misato shouted. “He stayed because of some people he met at school. They were worried about him.” Misato sighed. “So, why do you need me at the cleanup site exactly?”

Well, I need you to come and look at this Angel and the data we’re getting about it, you might find it interesting.” Ritsuko replied. “And, bring Shinji too. He should see how his hard work pays off.

“Yeah, I’ll wake him up and we’ll be there in an hour or so, ok?” Misato said looking over at Shinji’s sleeping form.

Sounds like a plan, Misato.” Ritsuko said. “See you soon.

Misato put the phone down and shook Shinji gently until he stirred and moaned in disgust. “Hey, Shinji? Wanna go for a drive? You’ll get to wear a cute helmet.”

“Just want… sleep…” Shinji replied tiredly.

“Oh, don’t be such a spoil sport.” Misato said, shaking him more. “You’ll love it, I promise.”

“Fine…” Shinji muttered. “As long as I can nap in the car…”
–––
Hope you all enjoyed the spoiler, the first of two for this week's chapter.

Origins Arc - Complete!
Angels Arc - Underway

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:15 am

Good morning EVA fans!

So, the new chapter will be up on Saturday (November 12, 2016), so it's time for another excerpt! HIs is the second one of the week, and features an iconic scene, with minimal plot changing spoilers.
Excerpt of Episode IV, Chapter 6  SPOILER: Show
Excerpt from Episode IV: The Last Hope – Chapter 6 – Operation Yashima; Ramiel Obliterates

Shinji was sitting outside Rei’s apartment, waiting for her to walk out, and trying to relax after what had just happened.

‘Man, I really made an ass of myself in there, I’m such an idiot.’ Shinji thought sadly. ‘She must hate me for… touching her like that.’

Rei walked by and glanced over at Shinji. She paused to stare blankly at him, and then continued walking along to her destination. Shinji got up and ran after her.

“Ayanami!” Shinji called out. “Wait up!”

The two arrived at the train station, and rode to the entrance of NERV HQ in silence. They were both thinking silently while they rode down to the Geofront.

‘Why am I being so nervous around her?’ Shinji thought. ‘Are things going to be awkward now that I’ve seen her…’ Shinji shook his head. ‘No, I can’t think like that, I have to try and fix this. I just wanted to be her friend… just have to think of something to say.’

‘I wish Ikari would stop glancing over at me so much.’ Rei thought. ‘I am a person, but why are people always so afraid of me. I just do not understand people, perhaps Ikari’s behavior is perfectly normal, I would not know.’

The train pulled into the station, and Rei got up quietly and put her book away. When they got off the train, Shinji tried talking to Rei again.

“Today is your reactivation test with Unit–00, isn’t it?” Shinji asked. “Aren’t you scared of getting back into your EVA after what happened?”

“Why would I be scared?” Rei said.

“Because, your EVA could go berserk again, you could get hurt again, or die!” Shinji exclaimed. “It could happen during a fight with an Angel, and it would put people in danger.”

“I am replicable.” Rei said plainly. “But if you understand the EVA, it will do as you wish it to. But you must understand.”

“What do you mean?” Shinji asked. “How do you understand EVA?”

“You cannot be told how to understand EVA.” Rei replied, pausing to turn to Shinji. “You must find out what EVA is for yourself, and only then can you truly grasp and control EVA.” Rei looked right into Shinji’s eyes. “Are you scared of your EVA?” Rei turned and went onto the escalator to the entrance.

Shinji rushed after her and got on right behind her. “Of course I’m afraid. Its stranger not to be scared.” Shinji sighed. “It’s a giant machine that has a tendency to go insane and hurt the pilot, like what happened to me my first time inside it, and what happened to you…”

“Can’t you have faith in the Commander’s work?” Rei asked. “In your father’s work?”

“Never.” Shinji said sternly. “I could never trust anything he does, he left me alone when my mother died, when I needed him the most. He only works for himself, and he’s a selfish fuck who never loved anyone…”

Rei’s eyes narrowed and she turned around. ‘How dare you say that about papa, he loved me… did he not? He was always there for me, and he bought the first Rei that Mew, a sign of his love and affection… how dare you Ikari…’

SLAP

Rei turned back around silently. ‘Why… did I do that?’ Rei thought. ‘Did I just feel… anger… or was I hurt by what Ikari said? I just do not know… and I do not understand these emotions I’m having, they are very confusing. I wish they would go away again, as they are hard to control.’

Shinji just stood there in stunned silence. ‘Why did she slap me? Was Rei defending… my father? Why would she do that?’

–––
Hope you all enjoyed that second spoiler, and the final product will be up Saturday, so see you then!

Also, check this out! A little humor for what is turning out for some to be a tough week.
DODGE!!!!!!!!!!  SPOILER: Show
"Shinji, DODGE!!!!!!!!!!!" Piccolo shouted.

Origins Arc - Complete!
Angels Arc - Underway

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:52 am

Well I like that the part I saw adds a deeper layer to a certain scene and why Rei acts the way she does.

Last edited by silvermoonlight on Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:06 pm

Hello again!

The new chapter will be up tomorrow, however i need to post this quickly before I forget about it again. The first part is the whereabouts of all currently under production Evangelions in my story. MAri is listed on Unit-XP (which is my version of Unit-05P from rebuild), and the second list is

Mark 0 Evangelion Series (Project Alcion)
    Evangelion Experimental Unit-XP
    Base Sample: Lilith
    Country of Origin: United Kingdom
    Built: 1998 - 2014
    Pilot: Proto Child - Makinami, M. I.
    Core: Imprint of Makinami M. I./fragment of Lilith's Original Soul
    Power: External Power, Internal Backup Battery Pack
Mark I Evangelion Series (Project E)
    Evangelion Unit-00 Prototype
    Base Sample: Adam
    Country of Origin: Japan
    Built: 2000 - 2014
    Pilot: First Child - Ayanami, R.
    Core: Ayanami, R./Lilith
    Evangelion Unit-01 Test Type
    Base Sample: Lilith
    Country of Origin: Japan
    Built: 2002 - 2014
    Pilot: Third Child - Ikari, S.
    Core: Ikari, Y.
    Evangelion Unit-02 Production Type
    Base Sample: Adam Type A
    Country of Origin: Germany
    Built: 2002 - 2014
    Pilot: Second Child - Soryu, A. L.
    Core: Soryu, K. Z.
    Evangelion Unit-03 Production Type
    Base Sample: Adam Type B
    Country of Origin: United States
    Built: 2009 - 2015
    Pilot: N/A
    Core: N/A
    Evangelion Unit-04 Production Type
    Base Sample: Adam Type B
    Country of Origin:
    Built: 2010 - 2015
    Pilot: N/A
    Core: N/A

EQUIPMENT TYPES
    Type-0: Prototype Armor - Not Combat Ready
    Type-A: Test Type Armor - Combat Equipment designed only for Unit-01
    Type-B: Standard Evangelion Combat Equipment for Production Models
    Type-C: Aquatic Equipment for underwater combat situations
    Type-D: Heat and Pressure-Resistant Armor
    Type-E: Heavy Armament Equipment
    Type-F: Airborne Transport Equipment
    Type-G: Precision Targeting Equipment
YEah, lots of stuff I forgot to put up, and remember the new chapter is in the morning.

Origins Arc - Complete!
Angels Arc - Underway

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Sat Nov 12, 2016 8:06 am

Good morning everyone!

The new chapter is now up! Bright and early on a Saturday morning! So, get ready for my new longest chapter ever detailing the chronicle of the fight against Ramiel! Clocking in at just under 18,800 words, I have to say, it was one of my favorite chapters to write.

The next quarter of the story's Chapter titles are as follows:
    Chapter 7 – Shinji Ikari’s Day Off
Also for your viewing pleasure, the many smiles of Rei Ayanami!
My favorite is the only good thing to come out of "Death and Rebirth" a revamped smile, as it looks the best of the four, and the Manga is a close second. CGI can suck it!
Anime - Episode 6  SPOILER: Show

Movie - Death and Rebirth  SPOILER: Show

Movie - 1.11 You Are (Not) Alone  SPOILER: Show

Manga - Stage 19: The Moon Inside the Darkness  SPOILER: Show

I posted them all so no one could beat me to the punch :tongue: and I hope you read an enjoy!

Origins Arc - Complete!
Angels Arc - Underway
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy - Episode IV: The Last Hope; In-Process, 6 of 12 Chapters
Last edited by DarkBluePhoenix on Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Sat Nov 12, 2016 2:56 pm

I really enjoyed this new update :)

Bring on the angry misfits :popcorn:

xfs
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby xfs » Sat Nov 12, 2016 6:28 pm

Rei II has a copied piece of
Yui's
soul? How does this work, I thought they couldn't copy souls?

Core: Imprint of Makinami M. I./fragment of Lilith's Original Soul
Core imprint? Interesting new concept.

Core: Ayanami, R./Lilith
I thought Rei I had
Lilith's
soul? So they should be the same thing?

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Sat Nov 12, 2016 7:04 pm

Lilith's soul has unfortunatley been split up several times. The Core Mari was absorbed into is Lilith's original Core, which is separate from the body resting in Terminal Dogma, and installed in Unit-XP. When the soul was removed from the Core, it left a fragment behind, and when it went into Rei I, it was left mostly whole. When Rei I was murdered, her soul was split, putting the Lilith fragment in Rei II, where fragments of Yui's soul exist and another fragment of Lilith's soul in Unit-00's Core.

They do have the ability to copy souls, however it has been otherwise unsuccessful, other than the attempt to recover Yui where it accidentally (and unknown to anyone else) her biomatter and several fragments of her soul were copied, and then used in the creation of the Rei bodies. Each of the Rei bodies have the same copied fragments of Yui's soul, as they are stored with the base genetic materal/mush gotten in the recovery attempt.

As for Mari, if you've ever watched "Star Trek Generations" the nexus leaves an imprint of the soul when the person leaves, which happened to Mari as she had been in there so long, a shadow or afterimage of her exists in the Core.

And this is why you don't play with souls, and why the Lilith Mari was dealing with was a complete and utter bitch, an incomplete soul is a dangerous and voiltile thing.

I hope this answers your question.

jcmoorehead
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby jcmoorehead » Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:26 am

Left a review but also wanted to write here that I really enjoyed that chapter, nice retelling of those events of the series with your own twist on it too. Can't wait for more :)

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:21 am

Good morning EVA Fans!

The new chapter is now up! Get ready, as a certain mischievous girl is now in town, which was partially previewed in Chapter 12 of Episode III! This is the best and longest chapter ever, clocking in at just over 24,000 words. I know I keep saying "my longest chapter yet", but I mean, this is Mari's introduction, it's very imprtaint, and I could not for the life of me parse it down at all. But it also contains more than just Mari's introduction, so please enjoy.

The rest of this quarter of the story's Chapter titles are as follows:
And now for the character of the week, Ms. Mari Illustrious Makinami!

Origins Arc - Complete!
Angels Arc - Underway
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy - Episode IV: The Last Hope; In-Process, 7 of 12 Chapters

Return to “Fanfiction”