DIY Nerv Parking Permit

For Eva-related fan projects: fanfiction, fanart, AMVs, and other creations. Share your work and discuss others' here.

Moderator: Board Staff

KayDat
Embryo

DIY Nerv Parking Permit

•      
  •      

Postby KayDat » Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:00 pm

I've seen photos of the parking permit (that came with one of the box sets?) floating around online, so I thought I'd whip up my own DIY version. Now the official one AFAIK has white numbers printed on the transparent bottom section of the sticker. Since I'm just printing this on white paper, I figure a barcode looks cooler than just black numbers printed on blank white paper. Barcode just says "EVA 01", but the one on my car is my actual car rego. I just used one of the countless online barcode generators.

http://puu.sh/s19Gr/47315dbfca.7z

PSD for those who want to change anything (such as the barcode). This was made to be 3" in size, and the PSD comes with a 0.125" bleed. The print settings should already be saved, but double check to make sure crop marks and bleed are correct. Alternatively you could just shrink the canvas down to 3" and disable the crop marks.

You'll notice that there is a "Front" and "Back" in the PSD layers. The back is simply a QR Code, again saying "EVA 01". I figure a QR code on the back makes it look a little more interesting for people inside the car. Again, the one in my car has my actual rego. Unless you have a really good printer, you'll probably find the QR code isn't exactly positioned smack in the middle, but it doesn't bother me too much. Just remember to turn off crop marks when printing the back, as you'll be cutting the print according to the front.

In terms of adhesive, I just used a glue stick since I didn't want anything that was too hard to remove. I suppose you could use something like book laminate if you were so inclined. Enjoy!

Return to “Fan Works”