Why separate NGE/Rebuild pages for Asuka but not other characters?

For discussion of and submissions for the EvaGeeks Wiki and Commentary. Open to all posters.

Moderators: UrsusArctos, Board Staff

Charizard
Embryo

Why separate NGE/Rebuild pages for Asuka but not other characters?

•      
  •      

Postby Charizard » Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:46 pm

Asuka's last name has changed in Rebuild, but other than that, I don't really see why other characters don't have their own separate NGE/Rebuild articles (or likewise, why Soryu and Shikinami don't share an article) - they also have backstories and roles that diverge a lot from the original show, especially Kaworu. To make things more fair, is it possible to propose splitting off the other Rebuild character pages, so that, say, we have "Shinji Ikari" (for the NGE incarnation) and "Shinji Ikari (Rebuild)" for his Rebuild incarnation? The Evangelion Wikia already does that with the Eva units, and it's a similar arrangement to what other wikis do with alternate-continuity counterparts of their various characters.
My main hobby is dressing up as a 14-year-old girl
Instagram|Cosplay Facebook

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Re: Why separate NGE/Rebuild pages for Asuka but not other characters?

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:32 pm

At the present time, I don't see any reason why separate articles along continuity lines can't or shouldn't be done. It would mostly just require creating additional templates along with the splitting part.

If memory serves, the option had been contemplated before, when we had to deal with "separate page for Shikinami or no?". Just doing it for Shikinami felt like the pragmatic route. At the time, Rebuild hadn't diverged SO extensively that we felt like doubling up on EVERYTHING.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Charizard
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Charizard » Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:43 pm

View Original PostReichu wrote:At the present time, I don't see any reason why separate articles along continuity lines can't or shouldn't be done. It would mostly just require creating additional templates along with the splitting part.

If memory serves, the option had been contemplated before, when we had to deal with "separate page for Shikinami or no?". Just doing it for Shikinami felt like the pragmatic route. At the time, Rebuild hadn't diverged SO extensively that we felt like doubling up on EVERYTHING.

I agree, and I'd love to help split off the Rebuild incarnations if allowed.

Was the decision made before 3.0 was released?

Director Black
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Director Black » Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:51 am

This idea is one that has a lot of potential to be a better one. Instead of dividing up the Rebuilds for Asuka; what about having subforums? Four for the the four films, and in each of those subforums, we have the same format of bringing up theories and chit-chat.
Anywhere Can Be Paradise as Long As I Have the Will to Live...

...after all, I am Alive, So I'll Always Have the Chance to Be Happy.

Charizard
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Charizard » Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:12 am

View Original PostDirector Black wrote:This idea is one that has a lot of potential to be a better one. Instead of dividing up the Rebuilds for Asuka; what about having subforums? Four for the the four films, and in each of those subforums, we have the same format of bringing up theories and chit-chat.

This is about the wiki, not the boards...

Return to “Wiki Editing and Discussion”