Relating to the Characters

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

Xxx_Generic Name_Xxx
Tunniel
Tunniel

Re: Relating to the Characters

•      
  •      

Postby Xxx_Generic Name_Xxx » Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:00 am

Well I can say I can relate to Asuka and Rei because:
I'm a arrogant, hot-headed person who does great things just for attention and I think all the people out there are morons and when I'm in pluie I'm a emotionless doll who would execute every order I receive.
Asuka Langley Soryu is our Lord and Saviour.

Director Black
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Director Black » Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:07 pm

It's really hard to choose for me. On some level, I relate to many of them. Misato wanting to break free from her past, Rei's realization she can be unique even if she's a clone, pretty much everything about Asuka's backstory...hell, I even relate to Gendo in the ways that I sometimes cut people off and blindly use them for my needs (Not as extreme as Gendo obviously, but you get what I mean).

Still, it all comes down to Shinji.

The feeling of being scared, alone and the waits for someone to validate your own existence so you won't feel neglected. Using music to block reality. I could go on for hours.
Anywhere Can Be Paradise as Long As I Have the Will to Live...

...after all, I am Alive, So I'll Always Have the Chance to Be Happy.

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:22 pm

Rei, extremely so on a sort of existential-metaphorical level.

All the sequences with how her classmates think she's weird and don't know what to make of her were just written in a very lifelike manner?
That basic story about making your very slight very limited existence count and managing to forge a connection despite many factors keeping you from it/ making you doubt your capacity for that.

Second place goes to Mari because we both have impractically sized chests and no filter but I'm not nearly as heroic as either of the two.
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

Director Black
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Director Black » Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:59 pm

View Original PostKendrix wrote:Rei, extremely so on a sort of existential-metaphorical level.

Imagine that there are probably some people who relate to Rei's backstory minus the emotions.

CommanderFish
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby CommanderFish » Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:36 pm

Director Black wrote:Imagine that there are probably some people who relate to Rei's backstory minus the emotions.

How so, exactly? And I'm genuinely curious here.
"The fate of destruction is also the joy of rebirth"

Director Black
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Director Black » Wed Oct 26, 2016 5:53 pm

View Original PostCommanderFish wrote:How so, exactly? And I'm genuinely curious here.

The entire backstory about being a clone created from the origin of that clone's mother and secretly being used a prop to send all of humanity to heaven.

CommanderFish
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby CommanderFish » Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:13 pm

Director Black wrote:The entire backstory about being a clone created from the origin of that clone's mother and secretly being used a prop to send all of humanity to heaven.

Lord knows we've all been there at some point in our lives.
"The fate of destruction is also the joy of rebirth"

mammaluser
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby mammaluser » Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:02 pm

I'd say that im sort of a mix between Asuka, Rei and Kaji, for one because im just as weird with people as Rei is (and basically was like her at school and still am even with my family), with Asuka because im just a hot headed person and i basically can't stand being alone and with Kaji because i can be as stressed as shit on the inside but on the outside i'm a relaxed and thoughtful person.
"I wish that i could turn back time..."

Charizard
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Charizard » Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:46 am

There's some of Shinji in me, and some of Asuka. The balance was a bit different before I moved out from my parents' place. Before, I was more like Shinji in public and Asuka in private, but now I'm more like Asuka in public and Shinji in private. Given that I cosplay Asuka now, I also try to act more like her in general, though obviously can't go all the way. Like both characters, I have low self-esteem and tend to worry a lot about things and my various issues; like Shinji, I often underestimate myself and think that I'm worthless, but like Asuka, I sometimes take it out on others (especially people who I think are behaving out of line) and sometimes act condescending towards those sorts of people.

I also have some feminine tendencies (especially compared to my super-macho dad), wanted long red hair for a long time, and find the tsundere character archetype really appealing. More reasons to relate to (and dress up as) Asuka :3
My main hobby is dressing up as a 14-year-old girl
Instagram|Cosplay Facebook

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”