One reason why

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

Director Black
Ireul
Ireul

Re: One reason why

•      
  •      

Postby Director Black » Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:34 pm

It's threads like these that make me so happy to be a part of the Eva community. In a year as shitty as 2016 (Save for Serious Discussion thread), I've always got Evangelion reminding me of the great things of life.
Anywhere Can Be Paradise as Long As I Have the Will to Live...

...after all, I am Alive, So I'll Always Have the Chance to Be Happy.

The Cruel
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby The Cruel » Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:36 am

Because it reminds me who and what's important to me in life.
I carry out things right to the end. No. Matter. What.

Avatar: I declare myself as WILLEs deserved enemy and Asukas and Shinjis punisher

You can (not) hope

„Unfortunately, those other fools and idiots gave you the most worthless feeling. And that feeling is hope. The unicorn alive shitting a magic rainbow is but an illusion.“
-Doom Head, Rob Zombie's 31

„If you were a better person, you wouldn't be here.“
-Loading Screen, Spec Ops: The Line

„Cognitive dissonance is an uncomfortable feeling caused by holding two conflicting ideas simultaneously.“
-Loading Screen, Spec Ops: The Line

„It takes a strong man to deny what's in front of him. And if the truth is undeniable, you create your own.“
-Colonel John Konrad, Spec Ops: The Line

„Through the darkness of future past,
the magician longs to see,
one chance out between two worlds.
Fire walk with me!“

-Bob, Twin Peaks

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:30 pm

Because Rei is in it.
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

Lavinius
Pilot
Pilot

Re: One reiason why

•      
  •      

Postby Lavinius » Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:36 pm

View Original PostKendreix wrote:Because Rei is in it.

You reially do love Rei don't you?
~ibi cubávit Lamia, et invénit sibi reiquiem~

Yoshikage Kira
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Yoshikage Kira » Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:19 pm

It makes me feel... weird.
"I simply want a peaceful life. It's just that it's in my nature to kill..."

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Re: One reiason why

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:57 pm

View Original PostLavinius wrote:You reially do love Rei don't you?

Well, some things never change...

Speaking of, I was thinking of putting "because Evas are hot", but that's basically the same thing I put however many years ago.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot
Location: Somewhere between the light in my heart and the darkness in my soul

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:48 pm

Giant fucking robots (I mean the EVAs...), all the deep psychological stuff and interesting characters are just a sweet, sweet bonus.
Last edited by DarkBluePhoenix on Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

AdamMalkovitch
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby AdamMalkovitch » Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:36 pm

It feels like a near perfect interpretation of all I am.

If I may break OP's rule here, I'd like to elaborate. I was born at the tail end of the 90s, and as such, grew up with 80s and 90s influence. I was very close to my mother as a child, and we would frequently visit malls, the epitome of 80s, because there is so little to do for fun in my hometown. Growing up, I was almost always alone. Not that I was sad or lonely, I was used to it. I've always been drawn to science fiction and horror, especially that which came from before my time. Those kinds of things always had this ethereal quality to them, the thought that humans have always been human since we appeared as we are now, and that will continue until we finish another evolution and achieve a new form as a species. Religion and ruins played a massive part in my life as a child. I was raised in a very Christian household, and as such, was always attracted to the mysteries of ancient civilizations. When I was in middle school, I was removed from the public school system and home schooled online until 9th grade, completely destroying what little social skill I had. Going into high school, I had no friends. I would always eat lunch alone, but I was okay with that, it was peaceful. One day, I decided to eat in the library. I sat at an empty table near the manga section, and found that someone had left Neon Genesis Evangelion vol 1. on the table. I laughed about it and posted a picture on my Twitter, "Remainders of a Weeb" I had captioned it. That night I opened my Chromebook out of ironic curiosity, "man this is gonna suck", and was instantly hooked. It's no exaggeration that knowing there was someone out there who felt so similarly to me had managed to become so successful *because* he published his feelings as a fictional story. Now, I'm still learning and growing as a young adult. I have accepted that pain is a part of life, that overly indulgent escapism is damaging, and that everything is progress. If you succeed, you succeed, and if you fail, you can learn from it.

Mr. Anno's work and his strength & determination have shaped me as an individual, and allowed me to see so much I may never have. For that, I will always be grateful, and will support his work to his last breath.
*injects Angel blood* I know what the fuck an EVA is now :)

Nerd King 101
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Nerd King 101 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:58 pm

Two depressed kids of the opposite sex must pilot big ass robots and get abused by adults that claim to love them.
“Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy. As long as the Sun, the Moon, and the Earth exist, everything will be all right.” - Yui Ikari

Youtube - http://bit.ly/2Ff9PHr
Twitter - https://bit.ly/2wrrC7v

ShonHam
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby ShonHam » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:21 am

I like Eva as it explored and dissected mental illness and the human condition, something I myself had been struggling with upon watching it.
I do love me some Rei guns.

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”