A Statement of Policy Regarding Clemency

Important site and forum news, announcements, and feedback goes here.

Moderator: Board Staff

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

A Statement of Policy Regarding Clemency

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:26 am

A couple of users have contacted me privately to ask why a certain member they thought was permabanned is back again. They accepted the following explanation (albeit in more colloquial words than these):

Here at EvaGeeks Forums, we sometimes allow nominally permabanned users to return on probation. This may occur when all of the following conditions are met:
  • A long time has passed, such as a year or multiple years.
  • The user (or someone on their behalf) entreats the staff to consider letting the user back in.
  • The user seems to have truly changed.
  • The staff is willing and able to take the risk and to do the extra work it may entail.

And with the new software we upgraded to last December, it's that much easier to entertain clemency.
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

Return to “EvaGeeks News and Feedback”