AAA Wunder

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:56 pm

View Original Postpwhodges wrote:I just assumed that Fuyu already knew, so Gendou didn't need to repeat it to him.

Particularly if Fuyu was the one pulling the trigger himself by deactiving/removing Seele's life support during Gendo's farewell.
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:04 pm

My theory didn't come from Gendo's discussions with Fuyutsuki. Rather, it was the fact that Gendo and Seele seemed so chill while they were all being "shut down," and that Mark.09 already seemed to have Seele "stuff" coded into it to infiltrate the Wunder AAA. (Possibly even a copy of Seele themselves made before Mark.09 was deployed?)

I don't think that this is a far-fetched idea. But I would at least like some more indicators either way about it. Without some sort of theory to explain the collected atmosphere around such a seemingly epic event, Gendo's only exchange with Seele in the entire movie feels unnatural and just plain weird.

BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby BlueBasilisk » Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:10 am

If Seele did upload themselves into Mark.09, then there's some sweet, sweet cosmic justice in Asuka getting to kill them this time around! :devil: But I do like the idea; it allows Seele to directly involve themselves in the plot and puts them in a position to be thwarted by the heroes.

I thought the Mark.09's override was some advanced Seele version of the dummy plug, like the plugs the Mass Production Evas used, but ReiQ's doesn't look like either the NGE or the NTE version:

SPOILER: Show

My take on the Gendo/Seele thing is that he'd successfully duped them into believing that he would be the successor to their will. Seele thought their plans had already been fulfilled beyond the point of no return, and as Fuyutsuki later says, they almost were, so Seele probably didn't really care if Gendo was being forthright or not.

Arcadia's legacy
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

Re: AAA Wunder

•      
  •      

Postby Arcadia's legacy » Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:49 pm

I think i may have found one of Wunder's inspirations
http://ayanlexjp.blog124.fc2.com/blog-entry-187.html
Never let the flame that is hope burn out, for despite the length of the night, the sunrise will always come
""Trolling the audience" is the same thing as "challenging the audience" (to an audience that doesn't want to be challenged)." -Reichu

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:09 pm

^ I can't read moonspeak, what is that photo of?

cyharding
Our Man in Tokyo 3
Our Man in Tokyo 3

•      
  •      

Postby cyharding » Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:03 pm

^I used Google translate, and from what I can make of it, it's a ship from The Five Star Stories.
Finding intelligent life on the web is not easy, we must all be glad we found EGF. - A.T. Fish
You Can Start Again. Chapter 32 now released. Now on FF.net
Oh, Eva, you never cease to amaze me. Your fans are analizing a calendar, for god's sake.- Alpha

Chainer3000
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Chainer3000 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:17 pm

Has anyone posted scans or screen shots from the special features on the bluray of 3.33? The one with a bunch of clips and pictures of the AAA in the featurette, including framework, rough drafts, sketches, CADD pictures / close ups from many angles, etc.

If not, I could take a bunch of screen captures and upload them. It seems pretty relevant and I didn't see any references, but I also haven't read all 15+ pages of this thread. I'm wondering if everyone has seen that or not?

Slightly off topic, but from the same feature, I thought it was so cool how they took real life footage of many scenes and used it as reference - like Fuyu playing the game, or Shinji & his boyfriend playing the panio. At first I thought it was rotoscoped because of how they overlaid the real footage with animation in the feature (maybe behind the scenes or production scenes may be a more accurate name), but then I realized they probably just used it as exact reference to get all the piano keys right. Although, it does overlay pretty perfectly in the video, so I suppose it's possible they rotoscoped it, too.

Edit: I went ahead and grabbed some screen shots from the Piano scene I'm talking about below:

If anyone wants the Wunder screen shots, let me know. I could pretty easily grab 10-15 that show the Wunder in pretty good detail and in production stage

Arcadia's legacy
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby Arcadia's legacy » Sun Oct 09, 2016 10:02 am

Inspiration for Wunder's color scheme?
Never let the flame that is hope burn out, for despite the length of the night, the sunrise will always come
""Trolling the audience" is the same thing as "challenging the audience" (to an audience that doesn't want to be challenged)." -Reichu

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”