Impact Mechanics

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
SoryuUberAlles
Clockiel
Clockiel

Re: Impact Mechanics

•      
  •      

Postby SoryuUberAlles » Wed Sep 28, 2016 2:00 pm

View Original PostReichu wrote: We see, from the FoIs clustered around Lilith's head, that they are attracted to her in some fashion. This may also explain the FoIs plugging up the main shaft. As indicated in BB's FoI post, the FoIs get increasingly less developed the further away from the epicenter they are, so logically the inverse applies: those closest to Lilith reach “near-perfect” state first. In an attempt to become perfect — achieve Infinity — they must, perhaps, contact Lilith themselves. Are the skulls more than just bone? Do they — or did they, perhaps — contain the Fruit of Life? This might be hypothetically possible, if they were created from the chamber's LCL after Lilith became a composite being with (presumably) access to the Fruit of Life. Hence, once a failure reaches the chamber and claims a head for itself, it becomes complete both physically and spiritually.

View Original PostBlueBasilisk wrote:-Unit 01 should be capable of wielding both Spears herself if they do require two souls like Kaworu said. And this might explain something else I was wondering about. When Unit 01 is powering the Wunder, it has the same halo that she does, but in the double nested pattern that's only seen in Unit 13. If Unit 01 reawakened and claimed both Spears, maybe they allowed her to briefly reach the higher awakened form Unit 13 had, thus the core erosion powers and double halo. It never did anything with them, but 13 was able to ragdoll hundreds of the FoI through the air like dandelion fluff.

bold emphases mine

this is pretty heavy duty theory... all I can really add is maybe this what the new halo mechanic is meant to represent. I didn't like them because I thought after the cross-splosions Gainax would lighten up and I didn't see any depth to them but...

James 1:12 wrote: Blessed is the one who perseveres under trial because, having stood the test, that person will receive the crown of life that the Lord has promised to those who love him."
"You're just turning this into a mixture of gibberish and fan service! That's not the Evangelion I know!" - An Asuka, one of many.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:49 pm

I wasn't even thinking about halos when I linked the missing heads with the similarly missing fruit of life, but now that you bring it up, that's really intriguing! It makes me think about how halos are traditionally represented in ecclesiastic art, not as rings, but as circular auras around/behind the heads of holy figures!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halo_(r ... conography)
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby BlueBasilisk » Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:09 pm

Wow, that's really neat!

In that article, I noticed this section:
A cruciform halo, that is to say a cross within, or extending beyond, a halo is used to represent the persons of the Holy Trinity, especially Jesus, and especially in medieval art. In Byzantine and Orthodox images, inside each of the bars of the cross in Christ's halo is one of the Greek letters Ο Ω Ν, making up ὁ ὢν — "ho ōn", literally, "the Existing One" — indicating the divinity of Jesus.

SPOILER: Show

I never thought about it before, but three of these shapes show up in a situation where Lilin and Angel meet with an Evangelion as the medium: Shinji/Rei/Zeruel/Unit 01, Kaworu/Shinji/Unit 13, and Asuka/Bardiel/Unit 3. Seele is trying to lead mankind to salvation by creating Super Jesus! :lol:
Someday I hope that we'll be reunited if that is what's destined to be. Perhaps we'll discover that elusive bible. And then we will finally be free!

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:46 pm

View Original PostBlueBasilisk wrote: three of these shapes show up in a situation where Lilin and Angel meet with an Evangelion as the medium:

Regarding the fourth incident, I'm reminded of my comments here, specifically regarding 2I:
http://wiki.evageeks.org/Eva_Pseudo-Evolution#Analysis

I.e., the idea that someone wanted 2I to happen provides suggests a mechanism for its occurrence by analogy with other events. There was probably, same as NGE, some weird "contact" happening down in Antarctica.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

SoryuUberAlles
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby SoryuUberAlles » Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:08 pm

You can also check out the Five Crowns because there are some that apparently are more closely linked to time of the apocalypse.

If you need the 'crown of life' though, apparently there's an even better passage:

Revelation 1:7,10 wrote: He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith to the churches. To him that overcometh, to him will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the Paradise of God... Fear not the things which thou art about to suffer: behold, the devil is about to cast some of you into prison, that ye may be tried; and ye shall have tribulation ten days. Be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee the crown of life.

Because if you've been into Eva lore for a while you just kind of take the 'in instrumentality the New Jerusalem people will eat from the Tree of Life and live forever like the angels but apparently this is one of the few passages that actually says so.

No, James 1:12 has a different pedigree...it was in the Elfen Lied OP, Lilium. Remember Elfen Lied? Remember Evangelion Lilium AMVs? I 'member.
"You're just turning this into a mixture of gibberish and fan service! That's not the Evangelion I know!" - An Asuka, one of many.

ChaddyManPrime
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:14 pm

Your Theory has great grammar and is well thought out Reichu.
"Look at Me!, I'm Mr. MeeSeeks!" - Mr. MeeSeeks

You know nothing, Jon Snow - Chuckman

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”