Blazblue

Discussions about non-Evangelion related video games, board games, card games and gaming in general.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

Re: Blazblue

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Mon Sep 05, 2016 3:32 am

The game (series) is a paradox: a fighting game that's almost worth playing for the story alone. Most fighting series barely even bother, and some don't bother at all, but BlazBlue has a genuinely interesting story that has me gripped as I try to puzzle it out. The story doesn't even consist of a series of excuses for characters to fight, either, and I'm finding this especially true in the second game so far; in fact, sometimes the game throws a curveball by having two characters almost fight only for the situation to change. I'm about half done with the story mode and most of the times people have met, they have not fought -- though perhaps some will find that to be disappointing.
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Shinoyami65 » Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:09 am

From what I've gathered of the plot of Centralfiction from people who've played the Japanese Arcade version, the main plot is seemingly rather confusing and requires a fair amount of knowledge of the ending of Chronophantasma as well as possibly the character backgrounds and supplementary materials. That said, they do seem to be trying to throw every character they can into this one (ie: Mai) except for the fan-favourite Jubei.

I would say that there definitely is a well-defined world and depth to Blazblue, but I would by no means say that it doesn't get really nonsensical at times and isn't afraid to throw characters into the fray with on flimsier reasons than others.
E̱͡v͈̙e͔̰̳͙r̞͍y͏̱̲̭͎̪ṱ͙̣̗̱͠h̰̰i͙n̶̮̟̳͍͍̫͓g̩ ̠͈en̶̖̹̪d̸̙̦͙̜͕͍̞s̸̰.̳̙̺̟̻̀

I always thought I might be bad
Now I know that it's true
Because I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

Final Messenger
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Final Messenger » Sat Sep 17, 2016 1:53 pm

Mai got her tailer at TGS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zLzoIBH4qE

easily my least favorite of the new character trailers doesn't even approach how good Izanami's was

OP for CF also came out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFP3pKyg0bI

[spoiler=]Image[/spoiler]
3 PLAYABLE HAZAMAS
P
L
A
Y
A
B
L
E
H
A
Z
A
M
A
S
Avatar:super high school level ???? Kyouko Kirigiri
"Before Pimptimus turned the Jupitris into his brothel it was giant helium carrier"- Fireball
"to solve a mystery sometimes you have to take risks. Isn't that right?"- Kyouko Kirigiri
more people should read Dangan Ronpa

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Shinoyami65 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:36 pm

^Might not be playable, since he has a super/Distortion Drive that lets him use that transformation.
E̱͡v͈̙e͔̰̳͙r̞͍y͏̱̲̭͎̪ṱ͙̣̗̱͠h̰̰i͙n̶̮̟̳͍͍̫͓g̩ ̠͈en̶̖̹̪d̸̙̦͙̜͕͍̞s̸̰.̳̙̺̟̻̀

I always thought I might be bad
Now I know that it's true
Because I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

Return to “Video Games and Gaming”