Sony is working on PS4.5

Discussions about non-Evangelion related video games, board games, card games and gaming in general.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

IronEvangelion
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

Re: Rumor: Sony is working on PS4.5

•      
  •      

Postby IronEvangelion » Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:08 am

Interesting, this means the rumors about the XBox One Scorpio are probably true as well. I hope Sony goes the route of the rumored Microsoft console and makes universal compatibility one of their key goals.
[Redacted]

IronEvangelion
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

Re: Sony is working on PS4.5

•      
  •      

Postby IronEvangelion » Wed Sep 07, 2016 5:26 pm

Sony has officially unveiled the PS4 Pro (formerly known as the Neo), and a slim PS4.

http://gematsu.com/2016/09/ps4-pro-officially-announced

http://gematsu.com/2016/09/ps4-slim-off ... -announced

The PS4 Pro has a GPU with 4.20 tflops of processing power and is capable of 4K gaming! Many existing titles will be retroactively patched to add a Pro Mode that features enhanced resolution, framerate, or stability. It also has a 1TB hard drive. The Pro will launch November 10th and will cost $399 US. Not too bad considering the power jump.

The Slim will launch September 15th for $299 US and will be available with either a 500GB or 1TB hard drive.

People with standard model PS4s will also be getting a nice graphics-related perk soon:

Gematsu wrote:All PlayStation 4 models, both standard and Pro, will be upgraded next week via a firmware update to support HDR imaging technology, which enables the reproduction of brightness and darkness while realizing a much wider range of colors.

Here's some video of Horizon: Zero Dawn running in 4K on the Pro:

http://gematsu.com/2016/09/horizon-zero ... e-gameplay
[Redacted]

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Fri Sep 09, 2016 3:28 pm

Suddenly I'm no longer mad about FFXV getting pushed back to November. :lol:

In fact, could this have been the real reason for that? Even if it wasn't directly the reason, it still makes sense for them to both just happen to come out around that time, November being the start of the Christmas buying season and all.
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

cyharding
Our Man in Tokyo 3
Our Man in Tokyo 3

•      
  •      

Postby cyharding » Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:36 pm

So for someone who has never owned a console before or perhaps has one from a previous generation, which version would be the best to get? That's going to be a big question for some people.
Finding intelligent life on the web is not easy, we must all be glad we found EGF. - A.T. Fish
You Can Start Again. Chapter 32 now released. Now on FF.net
Oh, Eva, you never cease to amaze me. Your fans are analizing a calendar, for god's sake.- Alpha

Return to “Video Games and Gaming”