Second Impact Cover-Up

For serious and at times in-depth discussions only, covering the original TV series, the movies End of Evangelion and Death & Rebirth.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
ZetaSonic
Embryo

Second Impact Cover-Up

•      
  •      

Postby ZetaSonic » Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:35 pm

Was an asteroid the best excuse the UN could come up with to explain away Antarctica's destruction?
Someone versed in physics could claim that such an event would have wiped out all life on the planet.

It just makes me think back to Abridged Misato laughing at Shinji for believing the cover-up.
За звездным небосводом Бог судит , как мы судили

viperzero
Embryo

Re: Second Impact Cover-Up

•      
  •      

Postby viperzero » Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:14 am

Jet fuel can't melt ice caps. 9/13 was an inside job :p

BC Baron
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby BC Baron » Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:42 pm

^ Actually, many scientists agree that years of burning fossil fuels are starting to have that exact effect.

Sad to say, but the UN (with an assist from SEELE/Gehirn) probably realized that it would be infinitely easier to get card-carrying members of the Flat Earth Society to buy into fairy tales about rogue asteroids versus expecting them to accept the "junk science" of climate change.

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:11 pm

Seele controls information. Information is knowledge. Knowledge is power. They control the information that is fed to the people. They fund the ideas they want to be funded and they silence the ideas that oppose them. The truth is a lie. Two plus two equals five.
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

Director Black
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Director Black » Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:40 pm

Asteroids are pretty much feared that they'll destroy Earth, so what better to play to people's fears then that? Not to mention that after a global disaster like that, the public'll (Most likely/arguably) turn to the government for what the hell they can do.
Anywhere Can Be Paradise as Long As I Have the Will to Live...

...after all, I am Alive, So I'll Always Have the Chance to Be Happy.

dontaskme
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby dontaskme » Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:55 pm

Given how nonsensical and inconsistent physics are in the series an asteroid isn't that unbelievable of an explanation. Besides the truth would make even less to someone versed in physics. yeah and people were probably more interested in how to fix the problem rather than what caused it.

Return to “Evangelion TV Series + EoE Discussion”