Evangelion Commentary

For Eva-related fan projects: fanfiction, fanart, AMVs, and other creations. Share your work and discuss others' here.

Moderator: Board Staff

Intheseaofdirac
Embryo

Evangelion Commentary

•      
  •      

Postby Intheseaofdirac » Tue Aug 02, 2016 4:10 pm

Hi there folks! I have to admit that I feel totally stupid. I have been a HUGE Evangelion fan ever since I saw the first three VHS tapes back in 1997. I have looked at EvaGeeks.org many times reading up about the series, but I had NO IDEA that there was a forum and imagine my elatedness when I saw that this forum was hugely active! Soooo excite.

So I don't know how to do this without seeming like a jerk. Just gonna rip it off like a bandaid. So I have this Evangelion podcast and I have been working on it for a few weeks. I only have a few episodes out, but I have a dilemma. I am not going to sit here and promote myself and say everyone should listen. If there was a way I could do this without promotion, I would.

I am looking for feedback. What can I do differently? What can I do better? Is there anything I can do to make my show better to represent the series in the full glory that it deserves? Literally any feedback would be greatly appreciated to say the least.

You can find it on iTunes and stitcher, or through through libsyn at http://intheseaofdirac.libsyn.com/. I know I have a low post count and I know that it looks horrible. If this is too much, the thread can be deleted.

Thank you for your consideration.
Jacob, from within the Sea of Dirac
Host of Neon Genesis Evangelion: A Commentary, a commentary style podcast

CommanderFish
Shamshel
Shamshel

Re: Evangelion Commentary

•      
  •      

Postby CommanderFish » Mon Aug 08, 2016 2:40 am

Don't know why this post hasn't garnered any replies yet.

I listened to the first four episodes, and I gotta say, I love what you're doing here. You offer some genuinely interesting insights on specific things within each episode, but at the same time you still maintain that big-picture view of the whole series. I'm not going to pretend like I'm an experienced podcast-listener (if there is such a thing), but from my point of view you're doing a damn fine job, man.

I've wanted something like this to exist for a while now, so I'm really grateful towards your efforts here. I'm also glad to hear the support you're already getting; you definitely gotta keep going on this thing until the end. Also, the more support you get, the better quality these will be in the future. Having two or more on the podcast with you; that would be even more interesting to listen to. Look up GoatJesus's commentary on EoE to see a bit of what I mean (unless you're already familiar, which I wouldn't be all that surprised). Again, not to say you're not already doing a fine job by yourself, cause you really are.

Looking forward to the next episode! :asuka_thumbsup:
"The fate of destruction is also the joy of rebirth"

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Fri Aug 12, 2016 3:55 am

These are all really good and very enjoyable I like your honesty of the show and what it means to you.
:asuka_thumbsup:
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3
Sequel As The Divine Light Breaks For download version please go to AO3

Director Black
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Director Black » Fri Sep 02, 2016 1:00 am

You're doing a great job so far. If you'd like, I'd love to talk to you about preparing for details about the psychological arc (Particularly Episode 22).

I also plan on doing something like this. When I actually get off my ass and start making YouTube videos, I'll work on a video analysis for each episode like you're doing (Though with a little less gushing, as much as I want to). It'll hopefully be when I make it as a director/writer and have enough influence to call Eva a huge influence on many of the works that I'm working on.
Anywhere Can Be Paradise as Long As I Have the Will to Live...

...after all, I am Alive, So I'll Always Have the Chance to Be Happy.

Return to “Fan Works”