FanFiction Requests/Recommendations/Discussion etc.

Everything Evangelion Fanfiction related.

Moderators: Derantor, Board Staff

jcmoorehead
Leliel
Leliel

Re: FanFiction Requests/Recommendations/Discussion etc.

•      
  •      

Postby jcmoorehead » Wed May 18, 2016 4:58 pm

View Original Postgorgeousshutin wrote:Damn, you never fail to finish any multi-chapter story -- its almost like a superpower of yours. Congrats on this achievement, and am looking forward to that upcoming NGE-based work you spoke of ;-)

It's because since getting back into writing about a year ago I've really fell in love with it. I also tend to write on my lunch breaks at work and because I work in the games industry most of my free time at home is spent doing a bit of writing too rather than playing games all the time. I actually had a look at all of the pieces I've written since starting up again and was surprised at the number of things I have done. A few of them are one-shots and I have the side stuff on my AO3 as well but it was weird.

My next NGE based one is only going to be short too, I've started writing it but I'm going to go through it and do some editing before uploading the first chapter.

shadowmax123
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby shadowmax123 » Sat May 21, 2016 7:54 pm

View Original PostChaddyManPrime wrote:^
I would cut someone to see Mitigation, Glass of Wine Rebuilt, Taking Sights, and Kyrie Eleison finished. I like the ones you mentioned too. Also wanna see Gregg's stuff finished.

You're in luck, Toasterman just updated Glass of Wine Rebuilt yesterday.

ChaddyManPrime
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Sat May 21, 2016 8:56 pm

^
Oh, thank you for informing me, I read it yesterday. It was pretty good, pretty intense.

I wonder when his evil twin is gonna update State of Mercy though.
"Look at Me!, I'm Mr. MeeSeeks!" - Mr. MeeSeeks

You know nothing, Jon Snow - Chuckman

shadowmax123
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby shadowmax123 » Sat May 21, 2016 11:23 pm

Word on the street is, its coming soon.

ChaddyManPrime
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Sun May 22, 2016 12:20 am

^
Word on the street is, I hope the parody intensifies Good Sir.

GreggHL
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby GreggHL » Mon May 23, 2016 7:01 pm

View Original PostChaddyManPrime wrote:^
I would cut someone to see Mitigation, Glass of Wine Rebuilt, Taking Sights, and Kyrie Eleison finished. I like the ones you mentioned too. Also wanna see Gregg's stuff finished.

Working on it.

ChaddyManPrime
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Tue May 24, 2016 2:04 am

^
Thanks Good Sir, hope everything goes smoothly.

MisterHalt
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby MisterHalt » Wed May 25, 2016 4:20 am

View Original Postgorgeousshutin wrote:Having just followed the Catalyst unto its (really good) ending, I was originally going to refrain from reading Eva works that are still in-progress. Then I chanced upon You Are (Not) at Fault, and there I go again. Oh well, at least this one has a good forward momentum, and doesn't look like it would get dropped any time soon . . . (fingers crossed)

As the author of Ya(N)aF, I can say that there's 27 chapters so far. I'm uploading them on a fortnightly schedule to FF.net, but all of it is currently up on Sufficient Velocity if you can't wait.
Strength is being able to crush a tomato. Dexterity is being able to dodge a tomato. Constitution is being able to eat a bad tomato. Intelligence is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is knowing not to put a tomato in a fruit salad. Charisma is being able to sell a tomato based fruit salad.

gorgeousshutin
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby gorgeousshutin » Sat May 28, 2016 10:58 pm

Hey, MisterHalt! I've since bookmarked your thread over at Sufficient Velocity. Have read up to the latest chapter. Am assured by your highly regular update schedule that this is a brilliant epic that should live to see completion. Please keep up the good work: I don't have an account over at SV, but I'll definitely keep on reviewing over at FFnet as you post your chapters :)
The Gorgeous Shut-in
Current fics:
(SKU/MPD) Seinen Kakumei Utena (Completed as of May 12, 2018)
(PSOH/SKU) Revolutionary Human Leon (Updated to Part 4 as of Nov, 2017)
(NGE) The End of Hedgehog_s Dilemma (Updated to Part II Chapter 6 as of May 17, 2016)
(Banana Fish)Medusa (Updated to Chapter 3 as of Mar 01, 2016)
http://archiveofourown.org/users/gorgeousshutin/works
or
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/3978886/

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:05 pm

This would have to be posted on A03 or elsewhere because ff.net disallows content with real people, but I want someone to write a fanfic about the production of an Evangelion movie with an eclectic and absurd cast. I'm thinking Robert Downey Jr. playing Gendo and some genius has the idea to have Natalie Portman play Rei and Keira Knightley play Asuka.

Think of it as an Evangelion/Tropic Thunder crossover.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Sat Jul 16, 2016 4:45 am

Kendrix just updated her fanfic/prose adaptation Children of the prophecy.

https://m.fanfiction.net/s/7761449/21/C ... SH-Version

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot
Location: Somewhere between the light in my heart and the darkness in my soul

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:22 pm

I both read and write fanfic, but I've been reading it a lot longer. My writing it is a new thing for me, and it's been a month since I posted my first 14 chapters, which was after a few months of work. I'm writing my epic retelling of NGE entitled Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy. If you feel like reading it, I highly encourage it because I have no shame.

I made a forum to post about the fic if you choose to actually read it, and whether its good or bad comments, i accept all criticism and praise. http://forum.evageeks.org/thread/18510/New-FanFic-Neon-Genesis-Evangelion-Legacy/

The links to the two stories I have posted are below.
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12035252/1/Neon-Genesis-Evangelion-Legacy-Episode-I-The-Phantom-Menace Complete, 10 Chapters
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12035289/1/Neon-Genesis-Evangelion-Legacy-Episode-II-Attack-of-the-Seeds In Process, 10 of 12 Chapters
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

Glor
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Glor » Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:44 pm

I guess I have a call
I think Adam Kadmon did something like this once, with the kids having therapists. I don't remember it very well, and while I don't really care for this fic title, it was a surprisingly well put together story. There are a lot of weird grammar errors, but not to the point that it's unreadable, and it's still very much worth the read regardless.

The official summary: There are no Evangelions, Angels, or Impacts. The children aren't much better. CW for canon-compliant mental health issues, but with the hope of eventual healing.
Amarantos - an NGE AU, beginning with Asuka, Shinji, and a garden. Take a look. Couldn't hurt.

"Anything can be Evangelion related if you have the will to twist it." -Joseki.

ChaddyManPrime
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:49 am

Yo James, I need some more of that Pain in the Night stat!

jcmoorehead
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby jcmoorehead » Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:14 am

View Original PostChaddyManPrime wrote:Yo James, I need some more of that Pain in the Night stat!

Haha, only just seen this. Thank you so much, I'm glad you liked my output. Unfortunately I've actually removed all my fics from my AO3 accounts so I dunno if I'll be putting them back up any time soon or doing any more. If I do I'll let you know :P

Aside from that I've been working on a sequel to my Hand.Cannot.Erase post 3.33 fic call You Must (Not) Run Away. It's only got ge first two chapters up so far, i have five written and an outline of what I'm doing with it. link is in my sig if anyone fancies having a look :)

ChaddyManPrime
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Mon Sep 05, 2016 2:39 pm

I read both chapters already. How come you remove your stuff from an Archive of Our Own?

amitakartok
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby amitakartok » Mon Sep 05, 2016 3:54 pm

Well... I only started using the site relatively recently, but pretty much everything you post in the Eva section is drowned out by Kawoshin smut.

So that might be the reason why he did that.
Strategic Cyborg Evangelion : an average author's aspiring attempt at awesomeness. Currently at chapter 42.

Mana, Mayumi and Sakura: the TRUE goddesses of Eva

jcmoorehead
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby jcmoorehead » Mon Sep 05, 2016 4:37 pm

View Original Postamitakartok wrote:Well... I only started using the site relatively recently, but pretty much everything you post in the Eva section is drowned out by Kawoshin smut.

So that might be the reason why he did that.

Haha, actually I had two KawoShin stories up there, and a few other things. Nah the reason was, probably a bit of an overreaction on my part but on doing a search on Twitter/Tumblr for the AsuShin tag I found a couple of people discussing how they found me to have an ugly personality because of my ship and what I had wrote. I'm quite active on Tumblr as I'm mod at a popular Eva blog, run an AsuShin blog and post a lot of my cosplay stuff there too.

The fact that they were watching my blogs for stuff I posted and making remarks on my uploads to AO3 made me feel a bit uncomfortable so I took the stuff down for now. It was probably a bit of an overreaction as I said, I do like that stuff and I enjoyed using AO3 for my other fics too as it was reaching out to an audience that doesn't use fanfiction.net.

I might wait a week or so and start to post some of it back online, I'm not sure yet.

Away from that, uploaded the third chapter of my latest fic earlier on. :)

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Mon Sep 05, 2016 6:34 pm

View Original Postamitakartok wrote:Well... I only started using the site relatively recently, but pretty much everything you post in the Eva section is drowned out by Kawoshin smut.

My story (see sig) is not KawoShin (quite the opposite, in fact) - but it gets more likes from AO3 than from FFN.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

jcmoorehead
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby jcmoorehead » Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:07 am

View Original Postpwhodges wrote:My story (see sig) is not KawoShin (quite the opposite, in fact) - but it gets more likes from AO3 than from FFN.

I tend to get more for my regular fics from FFN than I do AO3 but I don't do bad on AO3 for them. My shorter stuff/one shots tend to do alright and get a good proportion of kudos on there which is nice. I still need to actually get around to reading your story too! Think I'll start it tonight :)

I'm slowly re-adding my stuff to AO3 now. Didn't realize how much I had written over the past year until I started this. Teaches me a lesson to not be an over-reactive idiot in the future really :P

Return to “Fanfiction”