Stuff that you would like to see in Evangelion 3.0+1.0

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

Re: Stuff that you would like to see in 3+1

•      
  •      

Postby BlueBasilisk » Sat Apr 16, 2016 2:13 pm

Gendo's a rotten bastard, but he is opposed to whatever Seele was doing and he did keep Shinji from triggering Instrumentality. I don't think he'll win or be a hero, but he'll be used as a cautionary example to Shinji of what can happen when you selfishly pursue your own desires with no regard for anyone or anything else. Byronic hero at best.

I wouldn't mind seeing another take on this scene, but replacing Dix-Neuf with Unit 01 and Lal'C with Shinji and/or Rei:
SPOILER: Show

Unit 01 is destroyed saving them/the Earth. They accept that being one of the Children was a shitty fate to be dealt, but they were able to meet the important people in their lives as a result, and now they can move on without it. I think that would be a nice ending. ^_^
Someday I hope that we'll be reunited if that is what's destined to be. Perhaps we'll discover that elusive bible. And then we will finally be free!

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sat Apr 16, 2016 4:35 pm

...Dix-Neuf was destroyed?
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby BlueBasilisk » Sat Apr 16, 2016 5:08 pm

You know, I'm not sure. They never say and that's the last time we see him. I just feel like there's a good chance all the Evas will be before the movie's over!
Someday I hope that we'll be reunited if that is what's destined to be. Perhaps we'll discover that elusive bible. And then we will finally be free!

Kamon-san
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Kamon-san » Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:02 am

View Original PostEliaskar wrote:Some exposition on what happened during the timeskip exactly.

I would love for the first quarter of the movie to be a flashback to what happened between 2.22 and 3.33. Time skips can be alright in certain movies, but in the case of Rebuild it feels like some reaaally interesting things happened during the skip and I feel we missed out. ;)

hui43210
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby hui43210 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:25 am

Three words- Giant Naked Sakura :sakura:
I mean, predictability is the central attraction and the narrative hook that we've all come to expect from the Evangelion franchise. How come Anno can't realize this? Twice? - FreakyFilmFan4ever

Stan
Tabris
Tabris

•      
  •      

Postby Stan » Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:30 am

lol, Anno finally returning to finish making 4.0 - took him long enough: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interes ... lm/.104479

--

I just want drama. There isn't enough death and things going to shit in the rebuild films (despite them trying hard to make it seem like everything is going downhill). So more tragic deaths and bs plot twists that will screw the main cast. Pls

hui43210
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby hui43210 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:43 pm

View Original PostStan wrote:
I just want drama. There isn't enough death and things going to shit in the rebuild films (despite them trying hard to make it seem like everything is going downhill). So more tragic deaths and bs plot twists that will screw the main cast. Pls

I kinda thought that the planet getting wrecked, huge swaths of the population dieing, and leaping forward 14 years fit the definition of things going to shit/twists/drama
I mean, predictability is the central attraction and the narrative hook that we've all come to expect from the Evangelion franchise. How come Anno can't realize this? Twice? - FreakyFilmFan4ever

MuscleRobo
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby MuscleRobo » Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:10 pm

I hope the Kikaider robot isn't just in the previews! The fact that the plamo can combine makes me hopeful

Stan
Tabris
Tabris

•      
  •      

Postby Stan » Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:41 am

View Original Posthui43210 wrote:I kinda thought that the planet getting wrecked, huge swaths of the population dieing, and leaping forward 14 years fit the definition of things going to shit/twists/drama

That's exactly what I mean, they try to seem catastrophic and epic, but I really did not feel the impact (no pun intended). It just feels like the movie is trying to make me feel like everything has gone to shit, but failing to actually impact me. Hopefully the last film will have more dread and despair.

Fyrstorm
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Fyrstorm » Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:52 am

Meanwhile, I want the opposite; less death and despair! I mean, some death and despair is fine-- but 3.0 was so glum! I don't want anymore of the "everything is hopeless bullshit" angle.

Other stuff I would enjoy seeing:
1. Mari and Asuka piloting Unit-08+02 like the freakish meat jaeger it seems like.
2. More development for said Mari and Asuka (even just a smidge more for Mari would placate me)
3. What happened to those people who aren't a part of NERV or WILLE? And I don't mean the FOIs lying dead all over Tokyo-3's remains.
4. Gendo getting his just desserts.
5. What happened during those goddamn fourteen years?! At least give us a hint!

It's somewhat idealistic and stuff... but I'd like it.
My ongoing fanfics: NGE: (Not) the End, Evangelion: Regenesis

Winking Mari makes my heart go doki doki
We're all Asuka-fanboys? I take great exception to that. It's Mari I want to plow nine ways from Sunday, if you don't mind.

What? She's 28 now.

Sicarius VI
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Sicarius VI » Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:39 am

View Original PostFyrstorm wrote:I don't want anymore of the "everything is hopeless bullshit" angle.

While there was this false hope with Kaworu in 3.0(which swiftly kicks Shinji to the ground), I'd like to maybe see some real hope in the end of 3+1, hell the preview says that's going to happen.

Also I don't know if I'm wording this correctly, but I do not want 3+1 to be structured like EoE, Anno already gave us what he did in EoE, I rather not see the same thing in 3+1.
"I'm not going there to die, I'm going to find out if I'm really alive." - Spike Spiegel

BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby BlueBasilisk » Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:57 pm

There's already real hope. Shinji just couldn't see it yet.
SPOILER: Show

Those seeds had to come from somewhere! :asuka_thumbsup:

I agree about the EoE comparison. Instead of just having a hopeful note at the end that everything will be alright, I'd love for the movie to run with that idea and show the recovery and rebuilding and people finding the courage to go on. There's going to be a final confrontation with Gendo in some fashion I'm sure, but it doesn't need to be a repeat of what we've already seen. We still don't know what he really wants anyway. He seems to be against Instrumentality so maybe it's something that won't require a bunch of gloom and doom?

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:21 am

You're sure Seele/Nerv didn't have those seeds cooked up in a lab or vacuum sealed away somewhere? We already have proof genetic engineering is a thing in the Eva-Verse.

While I'm at it. . .Pen Pen. Though given the time skip, he's probably died of natural causes.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Wed Aug 10, 2016 1:35 am

The Nerv facilities weren't turned to core, so those seeds could have just been there the entire time. There wouldn't have been any practical way to prevent seeds being tracked in on the bottoms of people's shoes, via currents of airs, and so forth. Areas that have undergone years of exposure to the elements are inevitably starting to develop a soil layer -- at this point, perhaps little more than rust and dust, but enough for the hardiest herbaceous species to germinate in. Then they die and decompose and more seeds sprout and the soil layer gets bigger and bigger...
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Evolution
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Evolution » Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:29 am

Shinji pulling a Kaneki.

Stillborn
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Stillborn » Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:44 am

View Original PostEvolution wrote:Shinji pulling a Kaneki.

At which moment? Kaneki had a lot of twists and turns...
Another jaded man.
Wciąż stoję nieruchomo, w nieżywym już szeregu. Umieram na stojąco, niech inni giną w biegu.

Sicarius VI
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Sicarius VI » Thu Aug 11, 2016 4:49 pm

View Original PostRay wrote:Image

While I'm at it. . .Pen Pen. Though given the time skip, he's probably died of natural causes.

Nope Pen Pen lives, nope if he dies 5th impact happens and there would be no stopping it.
"I'm not going there to die, I'm going to find out if I'm really alive." - Spike Spiegel

UltraFrosch
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby UltraFrosch » Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:43 pm

Given that they've already had near-Impacts in 2.0 and 3.0, I hope they come up with something completely new for 4.0 instead of repeating the events of EoE by having yet another (this time successful) Impact. One one hand, I'm optimistic about this because they've deviated more from the original storyline with each Rebuild movie that has come out. One the other, one might ask what the purpose of all those near-Impacts was if not to foreshadow what the completion of the Human Instrumentality Project will look like...
But part of the reason Third Impact was great in EoE is that it was the final revelation of the Evas' true, world-changing power, which was only hinted at more and more as NGE progressed. It's completely different in Rebuild, because you get this exact revelation when Kaworu shows Shinji that Eva-01's awakening has changed the entire surface of the Earth - another Impact in 4.0 wouldn't be a surprise or "whoa"-moment in any way, not even for those who haven't seen NGE+EoE.

Kyoko Soryu
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Kyoko Soryu » Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:19 am

Everyone else has pretty much covered my more complex thoughts.

I just hope Komm Susser Tod is part of the soundtrack.
Listening to Komm Susser Tod on loop. Back in three days.

At Reputable Dubbing Pictures (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGa4y4V6Ifov9zpZGUOMB5A), I have a Sonic abridged series containing elaborate NGE parodies. For some reason.

Shark Knight
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Shark Knight » Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:36 pm

Oh also to add up
I always liked the premise of the Eva's being created from Adam's flesh, why change it? I mean if it aint broken why change it?
I just hope we get to see the perverted MPE making a return and fighting Eva Unit-01 or them crycifying something again.

And lastly, give it a peaceful ending for Shinji and Asuka so that Anno can have some happy and peacul thing within his soul. You can tell Evangelion it's not really healthy for him.
Let None Find Us Wanting

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”