[Fic] SSD's fanfics and stuff.

Everything Evangelion Fanfiction related.

Moderators: Derantor, Board Staff

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Thu May 26, 2011 11:03 pm

"Thinking aloud" here so I figured I'd post in this thread to get some advice. Any thoughts are appreciated.

So, the fanfic snippet I mentioned above is going to be part of a long work (4 part story but each chapter will be jam-packed with crap) although the idea of working in another "medium" instead of fanfic format is rather tempting. The only thing is, my drawing skills are worth a hill of beans (seriously sucks even though I enjoy doodling) and I already have made a Visual Novel before (though it's Windows Only program and yes I plan on doing two NGE stories at some point)...

I always wanted to create an Eva doujinshi and have had various ideas for such. (Still hope to use them in some form since they're sort of funny/silly/cute.)

I'd like to maybe create something of an "electronic-doujinshi" of sorts (it wouldn't be a game, more like an e-book I guess) but I wouldn't have the first idea on where to go about this.

I've never used Flash before and know you have to pay for it anyway, I guess I could just use an image editing program or maybe take screenshots using my Visual Novel program and put things together that way... Hmm.

I wouldn't be terribly concerned about copyright, since I made and uploaded that Visual Novel onto here with no problems and in general doujin are meant to be fan-works to show love for a show anyway... (I have Eva-2 image backgrounds and character sprites though there's also a place (pay-site) that happens to offer some 3D Eva backgrounds too... People do use character images/screenshots from anime for visual novels/whatever so it shouldn't be an issue and it's not like I'd be making money on it...)

I mean, yeah, maybe this idea sounds lame, but I think it could be interesting if done right.

As an example, here's an image of that 3D rendered Eva background (it's from a demo set of the images, you have to pay to get the whole thing) combined with some Eva2 character sprites I have:

For "action" scenes or whatever, I could always use screenshots (either Renewal NGE/EoE or New Movie Edition) where fitting... So I guess in some ways maybe this project (IF I'd do it) would be like a visual novel that you don't actually play? :sweatdrop:

There might have been more I was going to say about this, but now I'm blanking out. (I feel foggy-headed today, more so than usual.) :sweatdrop: Any ideas or suggestions would be welcome.

Legendary
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Legendary » Thu May 26, 2011 11:16 pm

I would honestly prefer to read a story I have no influence upon in simple text form, without having to download anything. Especially since every chapter will be jam-packed with content. You'll probably burn out writing dialogue AND assembling scenes together.

If however, you added the chance to affect some story things (maybe how Shinji interacts with people decides who he ends up with or who dies at a critical story point), then I would be more interested, even though really this is MORE content with an increased burnout risk. Yeah I'm weird.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Thu May 26, 2011 11:26 pm

So basically if I would make this into a (obviously playable) visual novel thing it could be interesting? Hm, guess I could keep that in mind. But yes I have a habit of falling into burnout which I have to keep an eye on. >_>
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

symbv
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby symbv » Thu May 26, 2011 11:51 pm

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:I'd like to maybe create something of an "electronic-doujinshi" of sorts (it wouldn't be a game, more like an e-book I guess) but I wouldn't have the first idea on where to go about this.

Sounds great idea !

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:I wouldn't be terribly concerned about copyright, since I made and uploaded that Visual Novel onto here with no problems and in general doujin are meant to be fan-works to show love for a show anyway...

When you talk doujinshi you don't talk copyright -- this is the golden rule for doujin, but of course things may be very different in western worlds :sweatdrop:

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:I mean, yeah, maybe this idea sounds lame, but I think it could be interesting if done right.

No, not lame at all. I think it's pretty cool. Go for it ! :thumbsup:
I never thought I would come back to Evangelion after EoE,
But I discovered Re-Take (or it found me?) and
now here I am.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Asuka FAN FOREVER
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Fri May 27, 2011 8:19 am

I just remembered that I did take some HTML classes a year or two back and I have my notes somewhere still...I guess I could make the pages of the story using HTML (Kind of like Hetano's doujin works. I could probably find a way to make things somewhat CYOA-like for the story with clickable links) and that sort of thing..But making it visually interesting.. Hm, still thinking about that.

Yeah this whole idea of using a different medium with a fic is still in the planning stages, but the idea popped into my head the other day and it's pretty appealing to me.

JimmyWolk
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby JimmyWolk » Fri May 27, 2011 9:55 am

It sounds like an interesting concept. I guess the html route would be more comfortable for the reader, dunno if it'd mean more work for you though.

I see one big threat though: Unless you do it "the other way round" and create a story from the material you have, there's the possibility that sooner or later you'd run into a plot point that you just don't have the proper pictures for to visualize.

Also, depending on how important it is for you, you'd probably get more feedback with a story on ff.net than with this, even if it's more original.

Someone
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Someone » Fri May 27, 2011 9:57 am

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:I just remembered that I did take some HTML classes a year or two back and I have my notes somewhere still...I guess I could make the pages of the story using HTML (Kind of like Hetano's doujin works. I could probably find a way to make things somewhat CYOA-like for the story with clickable links) and that sort of thing..But making it visually interesting.. Hm, still thinking about that.

Yeah this whole idea of using a different medium with a fic is still in the planning stages, but the idea popped into my head the other day and it's pretty appealing to me.

Would that be like a choice-making game(ish) comic thing?
Sounds cool.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Happy Birthday, Shinji!

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:22 am

Darkscribes.org is down for maintenance. Fanfiction.net has messed up formatting. Evageeks.org will have to do.

In honor of Shinji's birthday, my latest fanfiction (one-shot) is different. It's bilingual. I've been practicing Japanese lately, and I intentionally wanted to challenge myself... Let's see how well I did.

I truly apologize for any errors!!

Please enjoy! :shinji_blush:

Darkscribes.org はメンテナンスのため停止している。付け加えると, Fanfiction.netのフォーマッティングは目茶苦茶にしています。 Evageeks.org に行う必要があります。

シンジの誕生日を記念して、私の最新のファンフィクションは(ワンショットです)違います。バイリンガルです。私は最近、日本の練習します。私は意図的に自分自身に挑戦したい...のも私は方法を見てみましょう。

エラーは、本当にすみません!!

お楽しみに!

Birthday /「バースデー」 wrote:Shinji shut his eyes tiredly. [Another birthday, huh?] They were never a special time. They were always full of pain.

シンジは疲れてに目を閉じた。[また誕生日、か?]その時は決して特別な日はない。何時も苦痛に満ちた。

[Father.]

Even at age 18, Shinji would be ignored by that man. Not a word or a card. Nothing.

[父さん。]

18歳になっても、シンジはあの人から無視される。言葉ない。カードない。何も。

However. Sometimes, out of the corner of his eye, Shinji would rarely catch glimpses of blue hair. Rei. Proof that she was always silently watching over him. Protecting him. Despite her living on only spiritually...It was a slight comfort. Lilith. And yet... she was a painful reminder of Yui.

だけど。ときどき、シンジの目の片隅で、滅多にの青色な髪をチラッと見る。 レイ。彼へ黙って何時も彼女に見張てるの証です。彼を守る。 ただ、魂は生きるにもかかわらず。。。仄、慰めでした。リリス。癖に。。。彼女はユイの痛々しい思い出。

Title/タイトル: Birthday / 「バースデー」
Author/オーサー: Sailor Star Dust
Date/年月日: June 6th 2011 / 2011年6月6日
Rating/レイティング: 15歳+
Disclaimer/免責: Evangelion is copyright Studio Gainax/Studio Khara. I'm just a fan. エヴァンゲリオンの版権はスタジオガイナックスとスタジオカラーです。私は、ファンだけです。

Asuka blushed, biting her lip. How stupid. That idiot moping about was not her concern. So why... Really, it was beyond stupid!

唇をかみしめる、アスカの顔を赤らめた。馬鹿みたい。あのばかでブラブラしてはアスカには関係ない。 だから、なんで。。。 ほんとう、 愚かを超えて!

Box gripped tightly, she knocked.

ボックスにしっかりとつかんだ、彼女はノックした。

Shinji looked up from his spot on the bed. “Come in...”

シンジはベッドの場所から上を見上げて。 「どうぞ、入って。。。」

Her eyes avoided his as she entered Shinji's bedroom. She held a small gold box. “Here.”

彼女の目は彼を視線を合わせない、部屋に入ろ。彼女は小さな金色のボックスを持つ。「はい。」

“But-”

「でもー」

Frown. Her eyes allowed no room for protest.

顰。 彼女の目に、抗議の余地を許せない。

Shinji nodded as he sighed instead. He accepted the gift...

シンジうなずいた、代わりにため息をついた。 プレゼントを受け取ました。。。

A small leather-bound notebook with a silver fountain pen.

銀な万年筆と小さな革表紙の手帳。

Writing had been a recent hobby. It helped him forget about the pain.

最近、書き込みは趣味です。彼に痛みを忘れて助けた。

Eyes wide, Shinji stammered out, “Than--”

目を丸くして、シンジは口ごもました: 「ありー」

“Not a word! Former Third.” Asuka huffed as she looked away. “Stop sulking! It’s your big day!”

「何も言わないで!前者サード。」 アスカ、ムッとして、目をそらした。 「すねるのはやめなさい!あんたの大切な日です!」

Acting on impulse, she pulled his hand. Standing upright, Shinji squeezed her hand. Asuka squeezed the idiot's hand in return. Their cheeks burned.

衝動に駆られる、彼女は彼の手を引っ張た。真っすぐに立つ、シンジ、彼女の手を強いた。アスカは馬鹿の手をギュッと握り返した。火照る頬。

Such children, despite nearing adulthood... Blue eyes met blue.

そのような子ども達、それでいて大人になります。。。 お互いに青い目が合って。

Beat.

ビート。

Hand clenched and unclenched.

手を握っては開いた。

Shinji's dry throat.

シンジの喉が渇いた。

Heartbeat.

ドキドキ。

“...I'm important?” , Shinji naively asked.

「。。。僕は大切な?」 、シンジを素朴な質問をした。

"..." Asuka narrowed her eyes.

「。。。」 アスカの目を細めて。

"I've already been by your side for 4 years. You tell me."

「あたしは、もう4年間であんたのそばにしてきた。教えてください。」

Body moving involuntarily, his lips gently kissed Asuka.

我にもないたに体を動かした、彼の唇はアスカにやさしくなキスをした。

That's right. He almost forgot.

そうだ。彼はもう少しで忘れる所だった。

Surviving the hell of Third Impact had taught him that.

サードインパクトの地獄から助かった、その事を教えた。

Asuka, Misato-san, his friends. Everyone was always by his side.

アスカ、ミサトさん、彼の友達。皆はずっとそばにいた。

He would not become bitter. He would not allow an emotional breakdown. He would not turn into his father. Shinji would continue to live.

彼は苦いにならない。 彼は情緒的な衰弱にはなりたくない。彼の父親にならない。 シンジは生き続ける。

Lips breaking away, they flashed warm smiles at each other. They held hands with light hearts.

唇から去た、お互いに温かい笑顔を振りまいた。うきうきした気持ちであの子達は手を握り合いた。

Misato and Pen Pen happily ate their lunch in the kitchen.

キッチンで、幸せにミサトとペンペンはお昼を食べた。

Nobody noticed the envelope on the kitchen table.

台所用テーブルで封筒を誰もと気が付いなかった。

A letter addressed to Shinji from Gendo.

シンジ宛の手紙へ、ゲンドウから。

Life had slowly begun to change for the better.

人生は徐々により良い方向へ変わり始めとなりました。

The End*完

AngelNo13Bardiel
Still Ill
Still Ill

•      
  •      

Postby AngelNo13Bardiel » Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:15 pm

Short but sweet. Another one you can be proud of, ma'am. :thumbsup:
Evangelion fan since 15 October 2002, Evangelion fanfiction writer since 1 April 2004. (FFN) (AO3)
Current avatar: Don't mind Mr. Joel--after all, he didn't start the dumpster fire that is 2020.
Don't bend; don't water it down; don't try to make it logical; don't edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly. - Franz Kafka
Clones to the left of me, tsunderes to the right...and here I am, stuck in the middle with Shinji. - how I view my experience with Evangelion
-When it comes to Asuka/Shinji, pre-EoE is like moving Mount Everest and post-EoE is like moving the Olympus Mons. Either way, it's moving a mountain. It's just the size of said mountain.-

Cody MacArthur Fett
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby Cody MacArthur Fett » Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:31 pm

Not bad.

Out of curiosity, do you post fics on Japanese fanfic sites too?
Sic Semper Tyrannus
Carry on.

Kaname Langley
Asuka's Cousin
Asuka's Cousin

•      
  •      

Postby Kaname Langley » Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:23 pm

sweet!
Only losers consider the possibility of defeat without even trying.

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:06 am

As I read this, I can't help but see it in the form of an old shaky rattling silent movie with the text appearing in between cuts. That's what the sentence style reminds me of.

You said something about worrying that it might be too dry. If by dry, you mean "concise", I don't see what's wrong with that. :grin:

I am a fan of the well-used incomplete sentence. When a writer simply states the nature of a thing or its existence with no active verb attached, it forces the reader to simply picture the thing and contemplate its existence. You might say it emphasizes that the mere existence of the thing is what is important. That is certainly true of that gift and the letter.

One thing stands out. I find the use of "Frown." all by itself as a sentence curious. Why "Frown." and not "A frown."? When I first read it, for that first split second I wondered if the author was commanding me :D. More importantly, though, it's incongruous with "A small leather-bound notebook with a silver fountain pen" and other such uses, where you do use articles.
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:22 pm

Monk Ed: Late reply is stupidly late. :sweatdrop: Thanks for your thoughts!

Cody MacArthur Fett: Nope, I don't really know of any Japanese fanfic sites. (I do have a few Japanese twitter friends, I could always ask them I suppose.)

So, everybody remembers that idea I was rambling about? "Oh, I wanna do something different and creative~!" here?

I'm gonna be using this. So it'll be something of a 1st-person POV fic with images--but hopefully something interesting will come out of it, since I still plan on using my plot ideas (had this been a fic or visual novel or what have you).

The use of Japanese and English is trying to make a bilingual project, it'll be more challenging--and fun--for me that way. (And yes, like other tumblr pages, submissions and questions are allowed, see the top frame.)

Maybe this will suck, maybe this will be interesting, I guess I'll see. It's more or less a derivative work (slightly AU) done Epistolary-style.
Last edited by Sailor Star Dust on Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

driftking18594
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby driftking18594 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:40 pm

I've just read that one-shot a few posts above, nice work! :asuka_thumbsup:

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Thu May 10, 2012 7:49 pm

I'm done regarding fanfiction/RPing. I'm going to finally focus on personal stories and creative writing. Thanks to all my reviewers, both the good and bad comments.

2004 to 2012 isn't a bad run at all. :wink:

Henry Spencer
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Henry Spencer » Thu May 10, 2012 8:50 pm

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:I'm going to finally focus on personal stories and creative writing.

Good on ya, mate. I feel that Fanfiction's good for testing your skills (if you're good at making it), but you really get to spread your wings when you write within your own universe.

Here's hoping whatever you do is excellent and succeeds.
In Heaven everything is fine.
2% of people on internet forums are impressionable n

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Fri May 11, 2012 2:49 pm

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:I'm done regarding fanfiction/RPing. I'm going to finally focus on personal stories and creative writing
Unless you're being paid by the word to grind stuff out, writing is done best when it's something you'd want to read. The secret is to take the elements that make a story you wanted to tell yourself with the fanfics, and just keep on writing -- only this time you have to do the bits of explaining who these people are and where they are that can be assumed. In the end though, the exercise of writing stuff you'd want to read, as gauged by the things you have read or seen -- "something like that, but different like this" -- is not a million miles from what you've already been doing.

There's a reason why I link my own works as "subtle fanfic" on my web site.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Re: [Fic] SSD's fanfics and stuff.

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sun Aug 07, 2016 10:36 pm

What the hell am I doing in here? [SWEATS.]

I have no idea, I'm surprised too.

Inspiration struck me to write this free-form...thing...today.

Hope it's good?

http://archiveofourown.org/works/7709350

or

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12091038/1 ... Year-s-Eve

Dunno how much I'll actively check on this thread or EGF PMs, but do feel free to read and review on either site above :shinjismile:

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:50 pm

Back again, with another new Eva fic? (Dub Shinji voice:) What the hell is this?

AO3 link: https://archiveofourown.org/works/15405861

Reality was sometimes painful—in times like these, a harsh necessity. In their devastated world, how could Asuka make that boy understand?

Please enjoy :heart:

jcmoorehead
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby jcmoorehead » Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:53 am

Looking forward to reading it. I was going to on my lunch break but then I remember Ao3 is blocked at work so I'll have to wait till I get home :tongue:

Glad to see more Eva stuff from you ^_^

Return to “Fanfiction”