unknown evangelion colors possibly revealed?

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
namada
Embryo

unknown evangelion colors possibly revealed?

•      
  •      

Postby namada » Fri Jul 29, 2016 12:21 am

Today I found this rebuild-related shirt on the evastore website:

http://www.evastore.jp/pc/index.php?toid=PC_ARTICLE&fromid=PC_ARTICLE_LIST&article_id=23184&category_id=247

and the bottom numbers are colored based upon their respective eva unit:
00 is orange, 01 is purple, 02 is red, 03 (bardiel) is black, 04 is white, and mark 8 is pink

we know 04 is white (well, bright silver) because of this action figure:

SPOILER: Show

but the other numbers on the shirt (5, 6, 7, and 9) aren't left out, and they don't all have the same color either, meaning each color was chosen based upon... something
has this shirt revealed the colors of the four unknown evas, like that action figure did for 04?

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Re: unknown evangelion colors possibly revealed?

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Fri Jul 29, 2016 1:31 am

5, 6, and 9 are in the films, not unknown. Hence the expected green for 05, midnight blue for 06, and orange for 09. The unseen 07 being black or charcoal gray is something new, though. Not much, but something.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

namada
Embryo

Re: unknown evangelion colors possibly revealed?

•      
  •      

Postby namada » Fri Jul 29, 2016 1:44 am

Oh, I'm not sure how I could have forgotten 05 and 06, thanks for pointing that out! (especially because i've seen each of the rebuilds at least four times! I must have gotten caught up in the excitement or something)
But where is 09 shown? I don't remember an orange eva other than 00 and I guess type β with her orange decorations, but she's not even a canonical eva.

EDIT: oh! mark 09 is the weird vessel of the adams, isn't it? Gosh, sorry about that. I'm really out of it tonight.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”