Khara specifically hiring animators for next Evangelion work

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

Re: Khara specifically hiring animators for next Evangelion work

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:49 am

Remember when the previous thread about khara hiring got locked because of endless, entitled bitching and moaning?

Yeah those were the good days.
"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

TheFriskyIan
Lord Hamburger
Lord Hamburger

•      
  •      

Postby TheFriskyIan » Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:12 am

View Original PostLightDragonman wrote:and now even longer while Anno goes off to film a guy in a rubber suit.

Well I thought the new one was remote controlled but this is just semantics. I guess it was just wishful thinking that everyone here would be excited for another Anno movie rather than just another Eva movie.
Please just call me Ian, "TheFrisky" is more of a title.

"Knowledge seeks no Man."

hui43210
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby hui43210 » Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:28 pm

View Original PostLightDragonman wrote:and now even longer while Anno goes off to film a guy in a rubber suit.

He'll get to his drawings of a big purple robot monster inspired by people in rubber suits in due time, until then, enjoy the ride.
I mean, predictability is the central attraction and the narrative hook that we've all come to expect from the Evangelion franchise. How come Anno can't realize this? Twice? - FreakyFilmFan4ever

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:29 am

http://kotaku.com/an-apology-to-evangelion-fans-from-hideaki-anno-1783903322?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+kotaku%2Ffull+%28Kotaku%29

Doesn't sound to me like Anno is going to spent much time sitting on the couch before getting to work on Final. He sounds genuine in expressing his condolences to Evangelion fans and I would not be surprised if the movie quickly enters full scale production.

Sicarius VI
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Sicarius VI » Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:40 am

Atleast no one can continue bitching that "3.0+1.0 will never come out." This post made me feel a bit bad for him quite frankly, it's good that he took his break.
"I'm not going there to die, I'm going to find out if I'm really alive." - Spike Spiegel

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:20 am

Godzilla makes us all better people. (Unless you're Roland Emmerich.)

hui43210
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby hui43210 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:20 pm

There ya go, you didn't even have to wait until the damn lantern festival to hear some news. I hope people who have been complaining about Godzillia get some perspective from this, Godzillia didn't prevent 3.0+1.0 from coming out, it ensured that it will happen.
I mean, predictability is the central attraction and the narrative hook that we've all come to expect from the Evangelion franchise. How come Anno can't realize this? Twice? - FreakyFilmFan4ever

BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby BlueBasilisk » Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:45 pm

View Original PostGendo'sPapa wrote:http://kotaku.com/an-apology-to-evangelion-fans-from-hideaki-anno-1783903322?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+kotaku%2Ffull+%28Kotaku%29

Doesn't sound to me like Anno is going to spent much time sitting on the couch before getting to work on Final. He sounds genuine in expressing his condolences to Evangelion fans and I would not be surprised if the movie quickly enters full scale production.

Sometimes I wish I could give Anno a hug. Guy really puts his all into his works. The western fandom thinks of him as the ruse master supreme, but in all the interviews I've seen, he comes across as a nice, sincere guy who's really enthusiastic about what he does.
Someday I hope that we'll be reunited if that is what's destined to be. Perhaps we'll discover that elusive bible. And then we will finally be free!

Guy Nacks
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Guy Nacks » Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:48 pm

Apologies accepted, and I hope the experience of directing the film was akin to a childhood dream coming true, filled with positive emotions and creative fulfillment. The only goal now is to have 3.0+1.0 out before Trump commences his own version of Second Impact if he's elected.

No pressure.
Among the people who use the Internet, many are obtuse. Because they are locked in their rooms, they hang on to that vision which is spreading across the world. But this does not go beyond mere ‘data’. Data without analysis [thinking], which makes you think that you know everything. This complacency is nothing but a trap. Moreover, the sense of values that counters this notion is paralyzed by it.

And so we arrive at demagogy. - Hideaki Anno, 1996

Rosenakahara
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Rosenakahara » Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:57 am

I think Final is going the Zero Time Dilemma route here, as in: too ambitious for it's own good.
For those who dont know Zero Time Dilemma was the third game in the highly praised Zero Escape series that started with 999:Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors and continued with Zero Escape:Virtue's Last Reward.
The first game in my opinion was a masterpiece of a DS game with a slightly weird final 20 mins that the second game built upon and did to great effect, the third game however suffered a lot during development and was cancelled for two reasons, one was the director/writer expected VLR to sell for a lot more so he abandoned the VN/Puzzle game style of the previous two and tried to make it more like a TV show and eventually ran out of money, the other reason was the game took too long to write as the aforementioned director took a very long time tying up all the lose ends he had set up for years.

Eventually the project was revived (barely) and two extra writers were added to the team to help the lead writer finish the story as a result the guy who had written the previous two games only got to write about 1/3 of the content in the third one meaning there were LOTS of inconsistencies, cop-outs and OOC moments and we were left with a product that ultimately barely answered anything and was kind of a massive disappointment.

Why did I go on this rant about a seemingly unrelated series you might ask? Well simply put anno getting distracted with godzilla and seemingly having a very hard time coming up with Ideas for Final is seemingly more familiar by the day, especially with how little info we are getting on it.
"She had better march back here and try again! I only send people off on my terms! ...Or in a casket."
I don't need a scabbard to sheathe my mind
What is going on is a concerted effort from anti-progressives to silence anyone who disagrees with them.-Bagheera 2016
The Twelve Kingdoms discussion thread

TheFriskyIan
Lord Hamburger
Lord Hamburger

•      
  •      

Postby TheFriskyIan » Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:25 am

View Original PostRosenakahara wrote:Why did I go on this rant about a seemingly unrelated series you might ask? Well simply put anno getting distracted with godzilla and seemingly having a very hard time coming up with Ideas for Final is seemingly more familiar by the day, especially with how little info we are getting on it.

That's not the only game to suffer from that effect, multiple games have failed hard due to being in development Hell, and is pretty much the reason why Half Life 3 would be total hog shit if it were ever released. Thankfully Valve has buried that series prematurely and is ten feet under where it rightfully belongs. Keeps all the rabid fanboys from foaming at the mouth every E3.

Getting back on track, I don't think Anno is suffering from any over-ambition. He already stated ages ago that the main draft of the story was already finished, I'm reckoning now at this point he'd just have to finalize key points and then get to work animating it.
Please just call me Ian, "TheFrisky" is more of a title.

"Knowledge seeks no Man."

Sicarius VI
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Sicarius VI » Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:52 am

@Rose - I don't really understand where you draw this conclusion from, like FriskyIan said, Anno already told everyone a draft of the main story is done. Also Evamonkey on several occasions has told us that he heard from Khara(A few reliable sources) the production of 3.0+1.0 was slowly in motion even if Anno was a bit absent due to Shinzilla.
"I'm not going there to die, I'm going to find out if I'm really alive." - Spike Spiegel

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”