[Music] Lady Gaga (Question)

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Xxx_Generic Name_Xxx
Tunniel
Tunniel

Re: [Music] Lady Gaga (Question)

•      
  •      

Postby Xxx_Generic Name_Xxx » Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:26 pm

I think she's a good singer,but I think her fashion is for shock value and is very prentesnious and it doesn't suprise me when this generation is filled whit teenagers wich watch MTV reality TV shows 24/7 and they thing that Disney Channel is the best TV channel of all time.
Asuka Langley Soryu is our Lord and Saviour.

Guy Nacks
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Guy Nacks » Sun Jul 10, 2016 10:49 am

View Original PostXxx_Generic Name_Xxx wrote:I think she's a good singer,but I think her fashion is for shock value and is very prentesnious and it doesn't suprise me when this generation is filled whit teenagers wich watch MTV reality TV shows 24/7 and they thing that Disney Channel is the best TV channel of all time.

Teenagers in the 70s must have sucked too, then. Them and their H.R. Pufnstuf idiocy.
SPOILER: Show
Among the people who use the Internet, many are obtuse. Because they are locked in their rooms, they hang on to that vision which is spreading across the world. But this does not go beyond mere ‘data’. Data without analysis [thinking], which makes you think that you know everything. This complacency is nothing but a trap. Moreover, the sense of values that counters this notion is paralyzed by it.

And so we arrive at demagogy. - Hideaki Anno, 1996

Rosenakahara
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Rosenakahara » Sun Jul 10, 2016 12:24 pm

View Original PostXxx_Generic Name_Xxx wrote:I think she's a good singer, but I think her fashion is for shock value and is very pretentiousness and it doesn't surprise me when this generation is filled with teenagers that watch MTV reality TV shows 24/7 and they thing that Disney Channel is the best TV channel of all time.

That paints a bit of a broad stroke dont you think?
Ok first off Lady Gaga is not the first of her kind (nor the best but that's subjective), singers have been doing the "over the top weird" style for YEARS, it appeals to her and her fans so it's fine since it is what she wants to do.

Secondly MTV only grabs the lowest common denominator or people and even then it's losing people daily to the point where they had to ramp up how insanely stupid their reality shows are recently, the kinds of people that watch those will not be listening to lady gaga because i'll give her some credit in that her lyrical composition is way too smart for the MTV crowd (not to say its genius writing or anything) and her style is too out there.
Thirdly: Nobody watches TV anymore, that is something that is probably on its way out soon though if I had to comment on disney channel, it's no Cartoon Network but it's not bad, then again its competition is Nickelodeon so that's not a very hard fight to win.
"She had better march back here and try again! I only send people off on my terms! ...Or in a casket."
I don't need a scabbard to sheathe my mind
What is going on is a concerted effort from anti-progressives to silence anyone who disagrees with them.-Bagheera 2016
The Twelve Kingdoms discussion thread

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”