Non-NGE fanfiction ideas

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

Re: Non-NGE fanfiction ideas

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Mon May 30, 2016 10:27 pm

Again I know GRRM doesn't approve so I can't do it, but I'd like to write/see a fan fic AU where Joanna Lannister survives childbirth and lives to the present of the series.

I think it would change a lot of things in absolutely fascinating ways.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

El Squibbonator
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby El Squibbonator » Mon May 30, 2016 11:55 pm

There's a Harry Potter fanfic I've been tossing around ever since the seventh book was released. I call it Albus Potter and the Lethifold Society

It takes place during Harry's son Albus's second year at Hogwarts (was originally going to be his first, but I didn't want to contradict Harry Potter and the Cursed Child). Harry is working as an auror and is sent to investigate a wizard murderer who stalks the rooftops of London by night. When he finally catches him, he gives a cryptic message about the "Lethifold Society", and Harry and his old friends decide to investigate further.
Harry's son Albus, along with fellow next-generation students Rose and Hugo Weasley, James Potter II, and original character of mine Toshiaki Hotaro, all hear about this and decide--against Harry's wishes-- to investigate the Lethifold Society on their own, inadvertently digging themselves ever deeper into the exact sort of hole that Harry often found himself in during his time as a student at Hogwarts.
Meanwhile, Dudley Dursley has joined the Royal Air Force and is now part of a contingent of pilots traveling to the US to test-fly the F-22 Raptor jet fighters that their squadron will be receiving. While there, he accidentally lets slip that he was Harry Potter's cousin and knows about magic. The US government, deciding he knows too much, takes Dudley to the headquarters of the top-secret Prometheus Project, where they have been secretly researching magic for decades. Initially hesitant, Dudley soon joins up with them.
Enter the Lethifold Society. The Lethifold Society are a Wizarding terrorist group who want the Statute of Secrecy to be repealed and for muggles and muggle-borns to be freed from the "shackles of Pureblood oppression. " They steal a sample of a deadly magical disease--called mortasheen-- from the Prometheus lab, and spread it in New York, London, Los Angeles, Beijing, Berlin, Paris, and Tokyo. Their ultimatum: they will cure the disease if, and only if, the muggle governments agree to repeal the statute of secrecy and acknowledge that magic exists.
Life can seem a challenge. Life can seem impossible. It's never easy when so much is on the line.

Do you like Eva? Do you like Pokemon? Then check out Neon Genesis Evangelemon-- You Can (Not) Catch 'Em All thread/16052/Neon-Genesis-Evangelemon/

Gob Hobblin
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Gob Hobblin » Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:15 pm

I like the set-up with the Lethifold Society, as well as following the adventures of Harry as an auror and his kids getting into trouble. I'm wondering about the stuff with the U.S. government, though: there was the implication in the Harry Potter series that the governments of the world were well aware of the magical world, and worked in secret to keep things with muggles and wizards/witches harmonious.

Maybe something with tension between the muggle and non-muggle communities in the United States? Dudley could be part of a wizarding international task force trying to sort through the Lethifold Society's overseas chapters.
Though, Gob still might look good in a cocktail dress.
-Sorrow

Rei wanted to know what waffles tasted like.
-Literary Eagle

We have to remember what's important in life: friends, waffles, and work. Or waffles, friends, and work. But work has to come in third.
-Leslie Knope

Come read EVA Sessions! This place has it, too! There'll be pizza! Not really! There are other things, too! Not EVA Sessions! Did I mention the pizza!?

El Squibbonator
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby El Squibbonator » Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:24 pm

That's exactly what I'm planning. The Prometheus Project is sort of a splinter group from the main US government. It's located in Area 51(the rumors of UFOs and alien autopsies are spread on purpose to hide what's really going on), and the research into magic that goes on there isn't exactly legal by the standards of the wizard or muggle governments. But on paper, it's simply called "exotic weapons research", so none of the higher-ups bat an eye.

One of my reasons for writing this fanfic was because it always seemed pretty inconceivable to me that the Rowling's wizarding world could remain so well hidden when there are so many ways for muggles to see evidence of it. So I decided to write about what would happen if they did somehow find themselves exposed-- and not pull any punches while doing so. So basically, I'm going to be doing for Harry Potter what NGE did for giant robot anime.
Life can seem a challenge. Life can seem impossible. It's never easy when so much is on the line.

Do you like Eva? Do you like Pokemon? Then check out Neon Genesis Evangelemon-- You Can (Not) Catch 'Em All thread/16052/Neon-Genesis-Evangelemon/

Stillborn
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Stillborn » Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:04 am

Like usual, I'm late to the party, since it was just a week or so ago, that I watched full Gravity Falls series. And recently and idea of a fic popped in my head. Sadly as I got older I lost most of my writing skills so I won't be writing it anytime soon, but I can share the concept at least. Maybe someone adopts.

But first, a little set up is needed.

Both Dipper and Mabel had their respective crushes in the series. Dipper was constantly pinning over Wendy, while Mabel bounced frrom one relationship to another. Without much success. As the series progressed, the shipping got really messy (not in a bad sense). Wendy broke up with Robby, which caused the latter to fall into a long terrm depression while Wendy moved on pretty quickly. It took literal chemical rewrite of his tought process (with divine elixir, no less) to drag him out of it.
Mabel seemed to shrug off her bad romances pretty quickly, but in Society of Blind Eye we see that it DID took a toll on her. Quite severe at that if she was willing to erase her memory. She moved on again at the end of episode but now we know that even with her genki persona, there are cracks in her emotional resistance and that she can break at one point.
Into the Bunker has Dipper finally confess, but Wendy friendzones him in most polite way possible. At first Dipper seems to accept that, but in later episodes we see that just like Robbie, he still can't move on from her. And clings to that love quite heavily. Despite the fact he actually managed to see things from her perspective in Blendin's Game. And there are fanarts like this.

SPOILER: Show

The Roadside Attraction has little episode with Candy that also ends up in fail. Luckily Candy apparently moved on pretty fast. I don't know if it's a girl thing or something, but female cast seem to get over certain things much faster than males (however as seen with Mabel, it's not indefinite shrug off).
Also in Into the Bunker, Wendy gave us a line like this ”And if you ever stopped being my friend, I would like throw myself into the bottomless pit.”

And I found this fanart

SPOILER: Show

Wendy is most mature of the younger cast, so I start to think "would it really hit her that hard?"

And here comes and actual fic idea.

The next summer comes. Stan and Ford return from their mystery hunting quest, but since they were at sea, where communication is a bit of a hassle, they are out of the loop a bit. It turns out, that the younger twins still didn't came to Gravity Falls. A few days later, a letter arrive at Mystery Shack. In almost half assed and dissmisive way, the contents inform both Stans, that "it was fun chasing mysteries as a pair of naive kids, but now they have to think about their future and can't afford to lose their time in amiddle of nowhere with a bunch of eccentric people", or something to that effect. Point being, is that the kids don't intend to come to Gravity Falls and instead they have some jobs to do in California. Taken by surprise, older twins try to contact the younger Pines, only to have their attempts ignored. The news about this spread accross the town and soon the supportive cast have to face the fact, that Dipper and Mabel apparently don't want anything to do with them anymore. How will they react on that news? (Personally I would be once again, most interested to see Wendy's reaction, since she is the oldest and up till now as far as we know, she was the one who ended relationships. So how will she reacts when someone else pushes her this time?)

Here are two ways it can be played. It could go with mystery/adventure theme that the show prefered, and we could have secondary characters try to solve the reason behind the kids sudden change in demeanor, and for example dicover a third party that was involved in this scheme, that came not from Gravity Falls but from California this time. Not necesserily supernatural, but still antagonistic for one reason or another. After clearing up the problem, they can reunite for another summer and everything ends well.

Or it can be played for drama. That no villian is involved, and that young twins really matured/changed during this year, and the decision to cut all contact really came from them, so that they could focus on more realistic and productive actions. In this case supportive cast that would be main heroes inthe fic, would need to come to terms that when kids grow up, they change. Not always in the way we would like, and that friendships can be severed by distance, career or by simply changing mentality as time flows. This version would be more down to earth, with themes of things coming to pass and acceptance that best friends may grow inifinitly distant in a time, that seems to short for us.
Another jaded man.
Wciąż stoję nieruchomo, w nieżywym już szeregu. Umieram na stojąco, niech inni giną w biegu.

Gob Hobblin
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Gob Hobblin » Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:10 pm

Interesting take on the normal GF fanfic: it's not often one sees the Kids as the outside focus. Explore it!

Speaking of GF, I have a fic idea I've been kicking around for awhile (been talking about it with Xander). It started as an idea of an 'inbetween' season, but is turning more into a 'third' season. It would be the second summer in GF for the Kids, and it's just as weird a place as ever. Weirdmaggedon has fractured reality a bit, so strange things are poking around the eaves.

For the vibe of the stories, I want to 'age it up' a bit, to keep in line with Alex Hirsch's themes of childhood ending. Not make it grimdark or inappropriate, but more like...thirteen instead of twelve. That sort of thing. Also, I want to pay nods to some of my favorite stories that fit the feel of the GF series (like Phantasm, the Slender Man mythos, the King in Yellow, Night Vale, etc.). I've had the rough idea for each 'episode' (chapter) sketched out, but by far the most work I've done has gone into the villains. If anyone's interested in further details, hit me up on PM.
-Sorrow

-Literary Eagle

We have to remember what's important in life: friends, waffles, and work. Or waffles, friends, and work. But work has to come in third.
-Leslie Knope

Come read EVA Sessions! This place has it, too! There'll be pizza! Not really! There are other things, too! Not EVA Sessions! Did I mention the pizza!?

Stillborn
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Stillborn » Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:38 am

I also had some rough sketches of a fic idea, beside one I mentioned above. Actually you could divide the whole idea into three seasons, and the one above would be second season. The concept is designed to follow the mystical path rather than drama path however. The first season would focus on Mabel and Dipper in their hometown, the second one would follow the other characters instead, while only glimpses of the Mystery Twins would be given, and the third season would have all the pack together.
I intended to include elements from Lovecraft, especially from Ow My Sanity webcomic that sadly went on hiatus five years ago, and from the game Eversion.
Too bad, there is no way in hell I can write this as an actual fic :lol:
I can share the "script" so to speak as a curiostity ^_^
Another jaded man.
Wciąż stoję nieruchomo, w nieżywym już szeregu. Umieram na stojąco, niech inni giną w biegu.

Gob Hobblin
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Gob Hobblin » Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:45 am

I think you should give it a try, Stillborn: it's a good idea, and I think you should play around with it. Everybody has at least one story in them!
-Sorrow

-Literary Eagle

-Leslie Knope

Stillborn
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Stillborn » Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:23 am

The problem is that I can't clarify the sequences into particular scenes. Also I can't write believable dialogues, as much as I would want to. Thanks for kind words, but I'm afraid that this rough concept and general ideas is the limit of my creativity. >.>
I tried to write it. It was an abomination of bad grammar and poor vocabulary, crowned with wooden dialogues T_T
That's why I kinda hope, that eventually someone with actual skill gets interested and turn my drafts into actual story. Other than that I'm stuck in the limbo. I just like to share what I have.
Another jaded man.

Tumbling Down
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Tumbling Down » Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:54 am

View Original PostStillborn wrote:Here are two ways it can be played. It could go with mystery/adventure theme that the show prefered, and we could have secondary characters try to solve the reason behind the kids sudden change in demeanor, and for example dicover a third party that was involved in this scheme, that came not from Gravity Falls but from California this time. Not necesserily supernatural, but still antagonistic for one reason or another. After clearing up the problem, they can reunite for another summer and everything ends well.

Or it can be played for drama. That no villian is involved, and that young twins really matured/changed during this year, and the decision to cut all contact really came from them, so that they could focus on more realistic and productive actions. In this case supportive cast that would be main heroes inthe fic, would need to come to terms that when kids grow up, they change. Not always in the way we would like, and that friendships can be severed by distance, career or by simply changing mentality as time flows. This version would be more down to earth, with themes of things coming to pass and acceptance that best friends may grow inifinitly distant in a time, that seems to short for us.

I don't normally read serious fanfiction, but I really like this idea. It seems like a natural place for Gravity Falls to go if it continues. My advice is that you do something in-between these two possibilities. There is a third party forcing the kids to grow up.. but it's a boring, realistic party. It's a therapist. The twins were sent into therapy by their parents, and their therapist managed to convince them that everything that happened during their time in Oregon was their imagination.

And of course, this all happens because Mabel had the bright idea of answering truthfully when their mom asked "How was your summer?"

Anyway, I wish you could luck on your story, Stillborn, even if you don't believe you can write. You have a good idea, and that's always how good stories start. I can help you out if you want, but I don't know if you'd want someone as loopy as me serving as your editor.
Last edited by Tumbling Down on Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Xxx_Generic Name_Xxx
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Xxx_Generic Name_Xxx » Sun Jul 10, 2016 1:38 am

Well I think of a xenogears fanfiction and here's my synopsis:
After they beat deus Fei and the others are hired at a secret organization named Du ist Traurig.In a mission,Fei was killed and Elly become deppresed and her mind was on "Shinji Mod".Later,a very important mission was to retrieve the"Schwert von Leben und Tod" and out of nowhere,Her gear achieved "Modul Dumnezeu,salvatorul nostru care ne va ucide"because she was the antitype and suddleny a giant rei-like Fei appears and he askes Elly that he can destroy the world just the two be together and Elly accepts that and when are the souls are collected in one cross,Elly pushes the spears and the people screaming makes her more motivated to push harder and when the cross dissapears,Fei and Elly are on Earth together and Elly says"I'm happy,thank you.".
I know this is a bad plot,thank you!
Last edited by Xxx_Generic Name_Xxx on Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Asuka Langley Soryu is our Lord and Saviour.

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Sun Jul 10, 2016 1:45 am

View Original PostChuckman wrote:Again I know GRRM doesn't approve so I can't do it, but I'd like to write/see a fan fic AU where Joanna Lannister survives childbirth and lives to the present of the series.

I think it would change a lot of things in absolutely fascinating ways.

I assume Tyrion would be far more well adjusted if nothing else.

El Squibbonator
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby El Squibbonator » Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:42 am

Nothing's stopping you from writing it yourself and not putting it out for all to see.

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”