Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Space Patrol Luluco

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:38 am

View Original Postcyharding wrote:I have to ask all of you, what makes the show so amazing?
The same things that make FLCL or Panty&Stocking what they are (or, going further back, Re Cutey Honey's first episode).

It has to be that Imaishi was only at arm's length for Inferno Cop that made that palatable as a gag show.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

cyharding
Our Man in Tokyo 3
Our Man in Tokyo 3

•      
  •      

Postby cyharding » Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:27 pm

I never saw Cutie Honey, and I bailed after seeing the first episode of Panty & Stocking. I own FLCL on DVD, and while it's been years since I watched it, I don't see how they're similar. There is more to it than just zaniness. There was good characterization and the more quiet moments were just as poignant as the action scenes.

I might give the series another try. Since they're short episodes, it shouldn't take more than an hour and a half to get through them.
Finding intelligent life on the web is not easy, we must all be glad we found EGF. - A.T. Fish
You Can Start Again. Chapter 32 now released. Now on FF.net
Oh, Eva, you never cease to amaze me. Your fans are analizing a calendar, for god's sake.- Alpha

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

•      
  •      

Postby Defectron » Sat Jul 02, 2016 10:15 pm

I wouldnt say its as good as flcl or even psg or re cutie honey, but its still a pretty fun show as it makes an extremely goofy studio trigger cinematic universe, I wonder if Luluko is canon to all their animes? It'd be hilarious if it is. Speaking of that I noticed in the last episode Lalako was robbing the mascots from Kiznaiver, another trigger anime that aired at the same time as this.
Parasite Galaxy: An experimental webcomic

http://www.parasitegalaxy.com/ Updates Monday and Thursday. Vote for me on top webcomics

If you want to support this comic buy something from me on amazon

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:53 pm

I'm pretty much an Imaishi Head for his kinetic style, his sense of composition & his sensibilities for the most part. He stumbles sometimes for sure - I do not like his Animator Expo entry - but the man is a pretty unique filmmaker & one of the few anime auteurs out there. An Imaishi project moves & looks like nothing else his industry makes.

Plus Space Patrol Luluco was easy to love cause it's so short. The whole thing could easily be cut into one loopy & odd 90 minute movie.

Return to “Anime and Manga”