É altura de se tornarem pessoas interessantes.- My Classic Culture Teacher

MYANIMELIST-http://myanimelist.net/profile/Justacrazyguy

Sicarius VI
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

Re: Official Departures Thread [2]

Postby Sicarius VI » Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:19 pm

Oh Hey man, You'll fit right in.
"I'm not going there to die, I'm going to find out if I'm really alive." - Spike Spiegel

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

Postby pwhodges » Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:32 pm

View Original PostGus Hanson wrote:I have decided that real life and Eva for me can be balanced out

Good; glad to see you still around. If Eva contributed to your wanting to engage more completely with "real life", then so much the better; but it doesn't mean that you need to give it up completely if you organise yourself so that it stays in its place from now on.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

IronEvangelion
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

Postby IronEvangelion » Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:07 pm

Welcome back, Gus Hanson!
[Redacted]

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

Postby child of Lilith » Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:28 pm

Good to see you decided to stick around, Gus Hanson. :)
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

Postby Chuckman » Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:00 pm

Be gone for a bit.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

Postby Blue Monday » Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:29 pm

Be back soon, brother.
"Eva(Geeks) is a story that repeats."
Warren Peace, #643919

Justacrazyguy
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Postby Justacrazyguy » Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:43 pm

Bye.
Nearly all teenage boys are dumbfucks-Xard

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

Postby child of Lilith » Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:34 pm

See you when you get back, Chuckman.
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

IronEvangelion
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

Postby IronEvangelion » Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:09 pm

Hope you'll be back soon, Chuckman.
[Redacted]

IronEvangelion
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

Postby IronEvangelion » Sun Jun 19, 2016 1:07 am

I'm not leaving entirely, but I'll be posting a lot less from now on. Site traffic is at the lowest I've ever seen in my almost 2 years here, a lot of the people who kept this place lively and entertaining have left, and the forums have gradually morphed into a place that is somewhat hostile towards my views and ideology. It's to the point where I'm afraid to post my views on things because of the backlash I'm likely to receive. The only place I seem to have any kind of fun, meaningful conversations is the Gaming subforum, and the activity level there is going to decrease a lot now that E3 is over. All of the above have resulted in me posting less and less as the months go by.

And besides that, I feel that I am entering a new phase of my life. A lot of major good things have been happening to me this year and my life is moving forward faster than it ever has before. I even know now how I am going to accomplish my greatest dream. I've known what I wanted to do for about four years now, but until recently had no clue as to how and when I could do it. Now I know, and I'm going to need to dedicate more of my free time to accomplishing it. That's probably going to mean less time for video games and the internet

Expect to see me again whenever a new game I like is released, around the time of the major game industry shows, and of course whenever new Eva Final details surface. Other than that my posting will be infrequent. Best of luck to everyone.
[Redacted]

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

Postby child of Lilith » Sun Jun 19, 2016 2:12 am

I'm glad you aren't actually leaving, but it still sucks you've decided to scale things back considerably, IronEvangelion. I understand why you feel you need to do this, I just hope that in the future things will calm down enough that you feel you can reconsider your decision.:(

Justacrazyguy
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Postby Justacrazyguy » Sun Jun 19, 2016 2:42 am

View Original PostIronEvangelion wrote:Site traffic is at the lowest I've ever seen in my almost 2 years here, a lot of the people who kept this place lively and entertaining have left, and the forums have gradually morphed into a place that is somewhat hostile towards my views and ideology.

The times they are a-changin'

Good luck following your dream.

With some luck, when the last Evangelion movie comes out the forum will get some more energy again and you'll feel like posting more.
Nearly all teenage boys are dumbfucks-Xard

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

Postby Monk Ed » Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:40 pm

View Original PostIronEvangelion wrote:I'm not leaving entirely, but I'll be posting a lot less from now on. Site traffic is at the lowest I've ever seen in my almost 2 years here, a lot of the people who kept this place lively and entertaining have left, and the forums have gradually morphed into a place that is somewhat hostile towards my views and ideology. It's to the point where I'm afraid to post my views on things because of the backlash I'm likely to receive. The only place I seem to have any kind of fun, meaningful conversations is the Gaming subforum, and the activity level there is going to decrease a lot now that E3 is over. All of the above have resulted in me posting less and less as the months go by.

EvaGeeks is staffed by an almost ridiculously diverse cast of lovable misfits. One of us probably shares your ideology or something close enough to it. Staff are not "the community", I know, but there's the info in case you didn't have it. And if you're worried about backlash, just remember: You don't have to visit Serious Discussion. It was created specifically to keep all that separate from everything else.
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

TehDonutKing
Camel Dilettante
Camel Dilettante

Postby TehDonutKing » Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:55 am

If voicing an opinion that other people don't like is considered trolling worthy of a two year ban, then https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FjWe31S_0g

Hit me up on skype, live:teh.donut.east if you want to talk. Or just Google my username or "TheCamelFucker" as i'm also known. P much done here; place is a lost cause; later.
/hj

I said and did some dumb and hurtful things in my time here when i was younger. If i ever hurt you, i'm sorry. If you see any of this while reading old threads, i'm learning and trying to improve. Donut redemption arc in progress.

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

Postby child of Lilith » Sun Jun 26, 2016 1:19 am

I hope you change your mind at some point, TehDonutKing. Can't take many more losses.

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:19 am

Returning to change my signature has been nauseating, and makes me more confident in my decision to get the hell out. I realize now just how good my stay away from the community has been for me. My email has been scrubbed and my Nuke-kun Skype has been decommissioned. Evageeks was a wonderful part of my life for a few years, and now it isn't. It's as simple as that. Saying that I might come back the last time I posted... my Evangelion love will continue. My observing it here will not, and to convince myself or anybody else otherwise is me being in denial. No more melodrama-- I'm done.

Do not resuscitate.

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

Postby child of Lilith » Mon Jul 04, 2016 6:53 pm

Sad to hear that. But if that's how you really feel so be it. Goodbye and good luck. :dejected:

IronEvangelion
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

Postby IronEvangelion » Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:42 pm

Farewell, TehDonutKing and Nuclear Lunchbox.
[Redacted]

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

Postby Ray » Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:57 am

You won't even come back to discuss Final?

Return to “Old Stickies”