Evangelion Questions

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
diwo
Embryo

Evangelion Questions

•      
  •      

Postby diwo » Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:51 pm

Hey everyone!

I have some questions about the upcoming movie (Evangelio: 3.0+1.0). I hope I'm not rude asking these questions, maybe you're all sick of hearing them over and over again and maybe you discussed it a thousand time already. Unfortunately I'm not really good with the search fuction and I really don't know what to type in so I get to the best topic on this thema. So lets get started with the questions

Will a full impact happen in the next movie? (like in The End of Evangelion, where the world gets destroyed)?

Will "Komm, Süßer Tod" be played again in the next movie?

What do you think will happen in the next movie? I only can think of a full fifth impact or the story after the third impact

Recently I mutated from an Evangelion fanboy to an Evangelion weeaboo(lol). I rewatched the anime series like 1-2 times, I rewatched episode 25 and 26 like 14-18 times and I rewatched "The End of Evangelion" like 4-5 times.
A few days ago I rewatched the Evangelion movies and right now I can't stop thinking of them. My favourite one would be 3.33 even if my soul start hurting everytime I think of it because I wanna know so badly the story direct after the third impact (the 3.33 trailer in the 2.22 after credits)

Will it be explained in the next movie, also the whole story about what happened after the third impact?

I know there aren't any direct and true answer to them but I want to really know what you think about it.

By the way, are there any other topics that I should read or a summary or something like that about all important threads?

And I'm sorry if my english gives you cancer, it's not my native language and right now I'm feeling really dumb - so sorry

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Evangelion Questions

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Mon Mar 28, 2016 4:22 pm

At the moment, your guess about the next movie is as good as any of ours. Most of the threads speculating about it are in this sub-forum.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Sicarius VI
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Sicarius VI » Mon Mar 28, 2016 4:34 pm

Like Tines said, and all of those have been discussed so much.

Here's the whole sub-forum of just 3.0+1.0.
viewforum.php?f=29

Also your English is fine. ^_^
"I'm not going there to die, I'm going to find out if I'm really alive." - Spike Spiegel

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Mon Mar 28, 2016 5:45 pm

View Original Postdiwo wrote:Will a full impact happen in the next movie? (like in The End of Evangelion, where the world gets destroyed)?

Ask Anno.

Will "Komm, Süßer Tod" be played again in the next movie?

Ask Anno.

What do you think will happen in the next movie? I only can think of a full fifth impact or the story after the third impact

Dunno. Maybe we should ask Anno.

Will it be explained in the next movie, also the whole story about what happened after the third impact?

Anno probably knows.

I know there aren't any direct and true answer to them but I want to really know what you think about it.

Of course, and I only meant to tease a little :wink: Have you read any of the fanfics which attempt to move the story on? Did they give you any ideas, even if just to disagree?

I don't think we will get any real exposition of what happened between Ha and Q, but there will be enough hints to give us just enough ideas to work some things out.

Impacts have become two-a-penny in Rebuild, so I wonder if we might enter the equivalent of instrumentality in some other way this time (just musing; I haven't tried that thought out before).
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Tue Mar 29, 2016 1:19 am

Wouldn't it be amusing if Gendo's plan was neutered offscreen and the whole of Final was Shinji learning to accept himself through utterly mundane means? You can not redo, after all -- I suspect the key to resolving everything does not lay in Eva. But I guess we'll see . . .
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby BlueBasilisk » Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:36 am

^Shinji relays what Fuyutsuki told him and Wille figures out a way to fish Rei and Yui out of Unit 01, setting up a climax of human drama after a massive Eva battle that accomplishes nothing.

I can't shake the feeling that Unit 01 will be integral to the ending again, but I kinda hope it's not. Figuring out a solution that doesn't use an Eva would be a great way to drive home the message that you don't need the Eva.
Someday I hope that we'll be reunited if that is what's destined to be. Perhaps we'll discover that elusive bible. And then we will finally be free!

diwo
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby diwo » Tue Mar 29, 2016 2:05 pm

I have another questions: Whats the best thread for EoE explanation? Also in explaining and everything about the instrumentality (and episode 25 and 26). I would love to read them

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Tue Mar 29, 2016 2:43 pm

View Original Postdiwo wrote:I have another questions: Whats the best thread for EoE explanation? Also in explaining and everything about the instrumentality (and episode 25 and 26). I would love to read them
After more than a decade, that gets to be a long list -- for example, some related threads just for the final scene of EoE

thread/2270/Passage-of-Time-EoE-Final-Scene/
thread/13181/End-of-Evangelion-ending/
thread/8283/EoE-last-scene/
thread/3858/Why-did-Asuka-reincarnate-on-that-beach/
thread/3323/Asuka-on-the-beach-tangent-split/
thread/8496/Finished-watching-TV-Series-and-The-End-of-EvaQUESTIONS/
thread/7776/Question-About-Asuka-at-the-End-of-EoE/
thread/1457/The-Ending-of-the-End-of-Evangelion/
thread/1558/AT-the-end-of-EoE/
thread/459/Shinji-Asuka-and-Life-after-End-of-Evangelion-and-quot/

You might try just paging through the Discussion forum and checking interesting sounding threads; or there's the wiki.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

mammaluser
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby mammaluser » Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:36 pm

I dont really think any of the things that you said will happen, besides utada hikaru already confirmed that she's making a song for 3.0+1.0... but so far it doesnt really seems like a fifth impact will happen.
"I wish that i could turn back time..."

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:23 pm

View Original Postmammaluser wrote:so far it doesnt really seems like a fifth impact will happen.

Not "Fifth Impact" -- Final Impact!

"So far, it doesn't seem" -- Out of curiosity, what are you basing this supposition on? I wasn't aware much of anything had been said about the film's contents, aside from the preview at the end of the previous film. Nobody knew what was going to happen in 3.0 until they actually saw it in its entirety; neither the previews nor the entire opening scene gave enough away!
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:35 pm

View Original PostReichu wrote:Not "Fifth Impact" -- Final Impact!

"So far, it doesn't seem" -- Out of curiosity, what are you basing this supposition on? I wasn't aware much of anything had been said about the film's contents, aside from the preview at the end of the previous film. Nobody knew what was going to happen in 3.0 until they actually saw it in its entirety; neither the previews nor the entire opening scene gave enough away!

True, but after near-Impact events in Ha and Q wouldn't it be silly to step and repeat with Final? This is why I don't think we'll see any iteration of Impact/Instrumentality in Final . . . between EoE, Ha, and Q Anno's pretty much run the gamut there. He's gotta come up with a new approach going forward to keep things interesting. And how novel would it be to resolve a giant robot show with an utterly mundane plot?
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:20 pm

I just brought it up because it's one of the few things actually mentioned in the preview, which surely counts for something until such time as we know for sure it doesn't. Saying that the movie doing such-and-such would be "silly" when execution is everything is in and of itself kind of silly. Further, no one (in the fandom) has the slightest idea how the film series is going to resolve, and you would have to know the contents of Anno's mind, right now, to be able to say what's likely or most appropriate.

In other words: until more is revealed, one can express their own preferences for what will happen, and little more. (This is sort of what you're doing in the previous post, but also sort of not.)
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Sun Apr 03, 2016 1:25 am

All of these world-breaking near impacts are simple teases. Final Impact is going to wreck your soul.

mammaluser
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby mammaluser » Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:40 am

View Original PostReichu wrote:Not "Fifth Impact" -- Final Impact!

Well i was basing it on instinct basically, we all know how Shinji ended up in 3.0, but i think that Shinji or wille most likely will stop gendo before he can produce a fifth/final impact or hell! even maybe fuyutsuki may even stop gendo (seeing how he acted at the end of 3.0).
"I wish that i could turn back time..."

Dima
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Dima » Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:03 am

Welcome to the forum Diawo!

Unfortunately, we can't answer any of your questions because we need to see 3.0+1.0 first in order to response. All we can do right now is know is speculate. Don't be afraid to post your thoughts about the movies or make any other question.

Also your english is very good (better than mine, surely!)

:asuka_thumbsup:
There was a signature here. It's gone now....... - This is (not) a Silent Hill's reference
Members on my ignore list: Bagheera, pwhodges, Nuclear Lunchbox, Rosenakahara

diwo
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby diwo » Sat Apr 09, 2016 3:15 pm

Thanks for all the answers! Didn´t read the threads you posted Mr.Tines (I hadn't enough time to do it)

I just rewatched Episode 25, 26 and EoE again and screenshoted some frame I want to upload and ask some questions about it before I read everything :)

Thanks Dima!

Jurrasic
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Jurrasic » Fri May 13, 2016 12:47 pm

Welcome to the frustrated Eva Geeks Forums!

Just off the cuff regarding your initial questions, I wouldn't expect KST to play in Final, Khara has already shown that they are going with new music and not old when it comes to vocal arrangements.

I wouldn't expect much of what happens in 25/26 to have a bearing on what happens in Final either. The whole point of Rebuild according to Anno et al, is to tell the story of NGE in a new way. Some elements are retained while others are new, and these changes have already caused a massive divergence in story from NGE/EOE to now.

Some argue that 3rd impact EOE style has already happened off-screen during the timeskip but with different players, thus we have some similarities to EOE like a badly trashed NERV base with wrecked JSSDF craft inside Central Dogma implying the assault on NERV took place, and of course the fact that Lillith came off the cross and grew in size, and ended up with Rei's face on a severed head. Mind you the Failures of Infinity, mountain of polished human-shaped giant skulls and ruined corpse with Mk.6 in the neck of Lilith indicate a very different 3rd Impact event with Unit 1 out of the picture took place.

Other people feel that Evangelion is a story that repeats, and in the immortal words of the new Battlestar Galactica, "all this has happened before and will happen again" and that this story is taking place in a 'reset universe' taking place far after the End of Evangelion that we witnessed in the original series. Much of the ammo for this train of thought comes from Kaworu's dialog upon rising from his coffin on the moon (several empty coffins behind him, several more unopened after him) and comments after impaling Unit 1 with the spear of Cassius during The Stinger at the end of 2.22 as well as various other visual clues. What this means in the end is just as widely debated: is this the 'final repetition' where they get shit right? Is there such a thing?

Still others.....well you get the point. The questions you ask have been hashed over repeatedly, and there's no quick summary of what people think. The threads that were highlighted for you to review are probably the best sources for you to get this communities's general feelings, but all we can really do in the end is grind our teeth....and wait.

Enjoy!
"Yes ladies and gentlemen, in France Asuka swears like a sailor and confirms that she's the butch of her apparent lesbian relationship with Mari, Mari insults people that ignore her, and Shinji Ikari tells to Sakura Suzuhara and Misato Katsuragi to go fuck themselves!" -ElMariachi

BC Baron
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby BC Baron » Sat May 14, 2016 12:37 am

Some viewers simply love apocalyptic events and just can't seem to get enough of them. Personally, I lean more towards the theory that every time you destroy the world, it becomes a smidgen less special.

Which means Anno probably has about another half dozen or so impacts (near or otherwise) that he still hopes to inflict upon the audience (time permitting).

Kuseirou
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Kuseirou » Thu May 19, 2016 12:46 pm

But why wouldn't we have another Impact? Or at least Instrumentality. Given the fact we see a Rei aparition in 1.0 and another one in 3.0... I don't know how they are going to tie up that otherwise. :huh: It'd be repetitive, I know (and it kinda makes Kaworu's 'sacrifice' useless, heh), because Impacts are in the Rebuild like something you see in the weather cast at this point, and I'd prefer to have something entirely different to from what we've already seen with EoE (if I have to choose actually, I'd prefer another mindfuck ala EoTV), but... I know NGE mechanics can't be applied into Rebuild mechanics, but that makes me always think...
Having Come Sweet Death back into the stage it'd be cool, but due to some stuff with Arianne that happened some time ago, I don't think it'll happen.
From what to expect for Final in general, I've read so many theories that I honestly have no idea anymore. (I'm sure not even Anno knows exactly what's he going to do exactly, given some interviews with Tsurumaki iirc? saying Anno works in Rebuild like he worked in NGE, not having something prepared beforehand, and just writting it as it goes along: he probably has the main ideas and explanations in his head, but not something already especified that leads into the ending).

diwo
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby diwo » Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:15 am

Other people feel that Evangelion is a story that repeats, and in the immortal words of the new Battlestar Galactica, "all this has happened before and will happen again" and that this story is taking place in a 'reset universe' taking place far after the End of Evangelion that we witnessed in the original series. Much of the ammo for this train of thought comes from Kaworu's dialog upon rising from his coffin on the moon (several empty coffins behind him, several more unopened after him) and comments after impaling Unit 1 with the spear of Cassius during The Stinger at the end of 2.22 as well as various other visual clues. What this means in the end is just as widely debated: is this the 'final repetition' where they get shit right? Is there such a thing?

I somehow don't really like this idea; I could accept but it would somehow destroy everything

but due to some stuff with Arianne that happened some time ago, I don't think it'll happen

What happened?

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”