NGE Platinum Collection and Death & Rebirth Questions

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
vTyrac
Embryo

NGE Platinum Collection and Death & Rebirth Questions

•      
  •      

Postby vTyrac » Thu May 19, 2016 3:09 pm

I recently purchased the NGE platinum collection (6-discs thinpack) and Death & Rebirth from seperate sellers. Both the collection and movie (the Death portion is the only bit I've tested) have a slight shake to the picture, and there are tiny "tears" scattered throughout, like you might find in older black and white films. I've tested in my PS2 on my CRT, in my PS4 on my HDTV, and videos of the series streamed from the Internet. These imperfections are present in all 3 cases for both the series and movie. I've heard of an infamous "jitter for the perfect collection, but something matching it's description seems to be present for my platinum collection and movie. Is that just how evangelion (being older and lower budget) just is, or is something wrong?

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

Re: NGE Platinum Collection and Death & Rebirth Questions

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Fri May 20, 2016 10:24 am

Can you post a screen cap of an episode for us?

vTyrac
Embryo

Re: NGE Platinum Collection and Death & Rebirth Questions

•      
  •      

Postby vTyrac » Fri May 20, 2016 10:55 am

I'll try to do that when I get home later today.

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”