[CYOA] Evangelion 9.83: You Can (Not) Unread

General Role-Playing and collective works.

Moderator: Board Staff

IronEvangelion
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

Re: [CYOA] Evangelion 9.83: You Can (Not) Unread

•      
  •      

Postby IronEvangelion » Sun Apr 24, 2016 7:27 pm

Thanks! I'm glad you're enjoying it. By the way, I wanted to inform everyone who reads and/or participates in this CYOA that I won't be posting an update for probably the next 7 days. I just got World of Tanks running on my PS4, and they're offering an event right now that I can't pass up. If you get 200,000 exp with a Panzer IV Aus. H, you will be rewarded with a special Girls und Panzer Pz. IV H, an exact replica of the tank used by Anglerfish Team in the last episodes of the anime series right down to the logos. As a huge GuP fan, I FUCKING NEED THAT TANK! And I only have 7 days left to get it before the event expires and it's gone forever. Considering I don't even have the right tank to do the challenge with yet, I'm in for a shitload of grinding and will need every bit of free time to obtain this rare tank. Thank you for your patience, I just wanted to make sure everyone knows I'm not dropping this CYOA entirely.
[Redacted]

IronEvangelion
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby IronEvangelion » Mon May 09, 2016 10:34 pm

Sorry about slacking off on this, let's get going again.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Out of all your current companions, you decide Hikari would be the best person to get information from.

"So Hikari, uh, where are we going?" you ask.

"We're heading back to base to resupply and get replacements for the casualties. Most likely we'll be heading back out after that for the night patrol." Hikari replies as she begins cleaning her M-14.

"Wow... sounds rough. Just who is your leader, this 'professor' Kensuke mentioned earlier?" you ask.

Hikari pauses in thought for a moment. "We're under orders not to reveal his identity to anyone outside the base, since the pokemon may hear us and use this information to plot against him. But you'll be meeting him as soon as we get there. Kensuke needs to make a report to him anyhow."

"He sounds like kind of an asshole to me. I mean, hiding inside a base and ordering his students to do all the fighting for him? What the hell?" you provide your unsolicited opinion of a man you know nothing about.

"Welcome to every war ever..." Touji remarks cynically.

Suddenly the chopper lurches violently to one side. The crimson-haired, blue-eyed pilot whirls around in her seat and glares at you. "The Professor is a great man! Once you meet him you will be ashamed of your words!" she snaps.

"Ehehe, Mana, the chopper?" Kensuke remarks nervously.

"Oops!" Mana exclaims as she turns her attention back to the controls and brings the chopper out of its downward spiral.

"That's Mana. Sorry, she can be a bit emotional when someone cuts down the Professor. She's really a great pilot, though." Hikari explains.

"Yeah, when she's sober." Touji adds.

"The chopper's codename, Secret of Mana, is sort of an in-joke about where she stores this thing when she's not flying." Hikari says.

"Where's that?" You ask.

"Classified." Kensuke interjects. A brief silence follows.

"You guys sure are secretive. When are you going to start letting me in on this stuff?" you break the silence.

"When you sign up to stand with us and fight for the future of all humankind. That's when we'll be able to tell you." Kensuke declares.

Sign up with these guys? To fight the pokemon? You wonder how the hell you would be able to work that into your schedule.

"Look, I'd love to, but I happen to be an Evangelion pilot for an organization called NERV. I was somehow ejected from my Eva and landed in this area. I need to get back in touch with my-!"

"We know." Touji cuts you off bitterly, his eyes fixed on the scenery outside the window. "We know how you wound up here. That's why we were in the area in the first place: We were sent to investigate the crash site. The professor thought your entry plug might have been one of the IRBMs the pokies are rumored to be working on. If you hadn't come here, Sakura would still be alive. But don't worry, we'll have you home in time for dinner." he spits.

You decide to keep your mouth shut for the duration of the flight. But your mind is racing. How do these guys know about NERV? How do they know classified stuff like what the parts of an Eva are called? How the hell are a motley assortment of whackball creatures like these pokemon able to research and develop ballistic missiles? Is there a Burger King near where you're all going? You ponder these things in silence.

.................................................................................

Fifteen minutes later, the Secret of Mana lands at a heavily fortified and guarded bunker in the middle of nowhere. The concrete looks new, this place must have been built recently. And in a hurry, judging by the sloppy construction. As the rotors slow down, you and the others disembark. Kensuke keeps flipping pages back and forth on a clipboard, most likely his official battle report he's been working on.

Out of nowhere, a student-soldier walks up to you and opens a box. It's full of what look like energy bars. "Hello, would you like to try one of my homemade energy bars, sir?" he asks in an overly formal tone. This strikes you as odd. The others look slightly puzzled as well.

"Uh, what flavors do you have?" you ask.

"Rawst berry, Wepear berry, and Watmel berry, good sir." the young man replies.

You scratch your head. These berries are unfamiliar to you. "...Can you please repeat that?"

"Rawst berry, Wepear berry, and Watmel berry, good sir." the young man repeats himself with a wide grin. Both he and the berry names are rather strange. What do you do?

A: Ask for a Rawst berry bar.

B: Ask for a Wepear berry bar.

C: Ask for a Watmel berry bar.

D: Report this young man as a pokemon spy.
[Redacted]

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Thu May 12, 2016 10:42 pm

The obvious answer is to report him as a Pokemon spy, but I'm a sympathizer, so my official vote is for A) the Rawst berry bar.
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

Return to “Role-Playing Related”