FanFiction Requests/Recommendations/Discussion etc.

Everything Evangelion Fanfiction related.

Moderators: Derantor, Board Staff

ChaddyManPrime
Angel
Angel

Re: FanFiction Requests/Recommendations/Discussion etc.

•      
  •      

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:49 pm

^
Hopefully it'll give him something to get the creative juices flowing so he can finish Walking in the Shadow of Dreams... both of them.
"Look at Me!, I'm Mr. MeeSeeks!" - Mr. MeeSeeks

You know nothing, Jon Snow - Chuckman

amitakartok
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby amitakartok » Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:34 pm

He posts new snippets daily.

So far, the differences from canon is that he carried over Asuka's dad from ND as NERV's big boss. Asuka is also present right at the start, walking around in a scientist labcoat. Oh, and Gendo is massively chewed out for not even bothering to brief Shinji about what he's going into, resulting in Shinji believing that he's having an awesome dream right until the synchronic pain kicks in.

And at point... "“Doth thou desire the power?”"
Strategic Cyborg Evangelion : an average author's aspiring attempt at awesomeness. Currently at chapter 42.

Mana, Mayumi and Sakura: the TRUE goddesses of Eva

Glor
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Glor » Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:38 pm

I wish Arkiel would finish Wake Up, Ikari. I've offered sacrifice to the Night Mother every other Sunday. Alas, she withholds her bounties.
Amarantos - an NGE AU, beginning with Asuka, Shinji, and a garden. Take a look. Couldn't hurt.

"Anything can be Evangelion related if you have the will to twist it." -Joseki.

jcmoorehead
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby jcmoorehead » Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:54 pm

View Original PostFelipeFritschF wrote:Are there any fanfics which you REALLY wish were someday updated or, God forbid, even finished? I mean, of course writing fanfics is a pretty time consuming hobby that is generally rewarded with reviews, which... most people tend not to write, and well, life goes on, an author may find that his interest in Eva, or in fanfics, or anime in general has diminished, maybe he can no longer find inspiration, maybe he simply doesn't have the time to write, or also has many other interesting things to do. Anyway, while the number of unfinished fics I've read probably numbers the hundreds, and indeed consists of most non-oneshot fics, there are a couple which really left an empty, sore spot in my heart, such as...

Quite a few. Since I got into writing/reading fics I've come across a few that haven't been finished or have large waits in between chapters but I absolutely love them and would love to see them finally get updated sometime soon.

Iuvenal
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Iuvenal » Mon Mar 07, 2016 3:00 pm

View Original PostFelipeFritschF wrote:Are there any fanfics which you REALLY wish were someday updated or, God forbid, even finished? I mean, of course writing fanfics is a pretty time consuming hobby that is generally rewarded with reviews, which... most people tend not to write, and well, life goes on, an author may find that his interest in Eva, or in fanfics, or anime in general has diminished, maybe he can no longer find inspiration, maybe he simply doesn't have the time to write, or also has many other interesting things to do. Anyway, while the number of unfinished fics I've read probably numbers the hundreds, and indeed consists of most non-oneshot fics, there are a couple which really left an empty, sore spot in my heart, such as...

Verbal Klint's The Lighthouse
The Game (and Red Horseman's other stuff)
The Atheist God
Of A Pilot
The Children's Crusade
Vengeance
Conspiracies
Most of Houoza's stuff

Concur on basically all of these, plus a few

Scenario no Yui
All of Midnight Cereal's unfinished works
All of sedemihcrA's unfinished works

and certainly a bunch more that I can't remember at the time. As an aside, I wish FFN had a feature where I could get a list of my followed fics (like I can get a list of my favorited fics), because I used to habitually follow-but-not-favorite fics I thought wouldn't be finished so as to maintain my favorites list as a frustration-free zone.

View Original PostGlor wrote:I wish Arkiel would finish Wake Up, Ikari. I've offered sacrifice to the Night Mother every other Sunday. Alas, she withholds her bounties.

I thought that was by The Mustachioed Cat. It would also be a cause for much rejoicing if all his other unfinished fics miraculously got finished.
Pkunk's not dead! Shake yer Rootz!

I carved A +S forever into my left buttock with a pocket knife. My right buttock is dominated by a tattoo of James Brown. - Chuckman

Who did 9/11? The FAR. - Reichu

Glor
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Glor » Mon Mar 07, 2016 3:30 pm

^Yeah, it's by M-Cat, I thought his username on here was arkiel or something.
Amarantos - an NGE AU, beginning with Asuka, Shinji, and a garden. Take a look. Couldn't hurt.

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Mon Mar 07, 2016 3:38 pm

View Original PostGlor wrote:^Yeah, it's by M-Cat, I thought his username on here was arkiel or something.

That's correct, same guy. He's very busy with real life, though, which is why we haven't seen him here much (and also why his fanfic has languished, more's the pity).
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Iuvenal
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Iuvenal » Mon Mar 07, 2016 3:47 pm

I forgot to put okuaku's works in that list, too. A relic from the days when Random1377/Rx7, Ryoma, Shizumaru, and Red Horseman were active.
Pkunk's not dead! Shake yer Rootz!

I carved A +S forever into my left buttock with a pocket knife. My right buttock is dominated by a tattoo of James Brown. - Chuckman

Who did 9/11? The FAR. - Reichu

Glor
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Glor » Mon Mar 07, 2016 3:54 pm

View Original PostBagheera wrote:That's correct, same guy. He's very busy with real life, though

That lame 3d stuff is pretty important. About I year ago I remember him saying he was trying to get some original works published. Hope that's working out.

Another fic I would slaughter lambs to see finished - Aeon Entelechy Evangelion. I'm mildly salty ES keeps updating Hivemind and Overlady while this one just sort of rots. I think he's pretty busy doing RL physics stuff though.

MarqFJA87
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby MarqFJA87 » Mon May 09, 2016 5:05 am

I hope I'm posting this in the right place.

Having read about what little has been gleaned from Evangelion Anima's story and characters, I am curious to know what the personalities of the Rei Quatre, Cinq, and Six are like. It's for a trio of sister-clones for Rei (dubbed Rei IV-VI here) in a fanfic idea of mine, you see; I'm trying to figure out if it's plausible to have Rei IV be a cynical misanthrope with an aggressive and domineering streak, Rei V be a shy girly-girl who wants everyone to be happy and get along, and Rei VI be pretty much a kid-sized version of the genki!Rei from the TV ending's highschool alternate world (minus the immediate distrust of Shinji for supposedly looking up her skirt after they crashed into each other), or essentially a kid-sized version of Rei III from Petit Eva.

What do you guys think?
"Our magic is not omnipotent. A little bit of courage is the true magic."
–Negi Springfield, Negima: Magister Negi Magi

"Where there is distress, therein lies a story. Where there is a story, therein lies a will. And wherever there is a will, therein lies a soul."
–Evangeline A.K. McDowell, Negima: Magister Negi Magi

jcmoorehead
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby jcmoorehead » Mon May 09, 2016 6:05 am

I know very little of Anima unfortunately so I don't know if it'd be plausible based off of what we know from that but I don't see why you wouldn't be able to do such a thing.

I think having a trio of Rei's all with differing personality types could be an interesting thing to play around with in a fic. It'd be a cool thing to see how they'd intereract with one another and also with the other characters.

amitakartok
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby amitakartok » Mon May 09, 2016 6:14 am

Hey hey hey, mah man! I was wondering when you were going to post here.

Concerning the above idea, I share jc's opinion and say give it a try. It's mostly unexplored territory yet.
Strategic Cyborg Evangelion : an average author's aspiring attempt at awesomeness. Currently at chapter 42.

MarqFJA87
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby MarqFJA87 » Mon May 09, 2016 9:04 am

View Original Postjcmoorehead wrote:I know very little of Anima unfortunately so I don't know if it'd be plausible based off of what we know from that but I don't see why you wouldn't be able to do such a thing.

I think having a trio of Rei's all with differing personality types could be an interesting thing to play around with in a fic. It'd be a cool thing to see how they'd intereract with one another and also with the other characters.

It's technically a quartet, as regular Rei exists as a separate but related character (typically their older sister... unless kid!Rei is actually afflicted with the stuck-looking-as-a-child syndrome that Alicia Testarossa suffers in MGLN Innocent, in which case Rei is the 2nd-oldest), and in my concept she is the only one named "Rei" (the others have different names, though I'm wavering between deliberately making all their names rhyme with "Rei", start with "R", or just make them unrelated to said name).

"Where there is distress, therein lies a story. Where there is a story, therein lies a will. And wherever there is a will, therein lies a soul."

Glor
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Glor » Mon May 09, 2016 10:09 am

View Original PostMarqFJA87 wrote:*snip* What do you guys think?

While I never cared for the art style, I always thought Anima had some neat ideas. Doing some reading on the Reis and who they spend time around, it's easy to see how their personalities develop differently from one another. Dig it.

MarqFJA87 wrote:in my concept she is the only one named "Rei" (the others have different names, though I'm wavering between deliberately making all their names rhyme with "Rei", start with "R", or just make them unrelated to said name).

I like the idea of them having similar names, as this could lead to a lot of funny moments of confusion with the cast getting the clones, outside of kid-Rei, confused. Then again, I think it's more likely that each Rei would want to distinguish themselves.

MarqFJA87
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby MarqFJA87 » Tue May 10, 2016 9:18 am

If you liked the "Rei has identical sisters" idea, then you might like the one where I gave Asuka two identical sisters.

Sister #1: Asuna (明日夏, lit. "tomorrow's summer"), the youngest of the triplets. Worships the ground that her two sisters walk upon, and is cheerful, idealistic, and unshakeably loyal to her older sisters, yet easily pushed around if neither of her sisters is there to back her up (if they are around, then expect her to act as prideful and/or strong-minded as either of them). She also always sees herself as falling short of her sisters in terms of intellect and ability, especially when compared to the one that everyone favors (namely, Asuka). For some reason, she developed some freckles as she grew up, unlike her sisters. She's also an avid video-game player and has hints of being a gadgeteer genius.

Asuna's character is based on both Proposal!Asuka and Nobody Dies!Asuka.

Sister #2: Asuhi (明日陽, lit. "tomorrow's sunlight/yang"), officially the middle sister... and actually the firstborn of the triplets; the doctors mixed the two up after their birth, and thus even her parents don't know the truth. A cynic/pessimist who is even more abrasive than Asuka, whom she hates with a passion for becoming the favorite after Kyouko's death (because Asuka was picked as Unit-02's designated pilot earlier that day), with everyone neglecting the two other triplets in favor of fawning over Asuka.

She also resents the fact that in spite of all the hard work that she had to put in to match the naturally talented Asuka, she never seems to be able to catch up, nor does anyone (aside from their mother Kyouko, that is) ever commend her for trying to the best of her ability, instead putting her down for seeking to achieve the impossible and accusing her of self-centered jealousy of her sister[1]. And she hates herself for hating Asuka, especially after she realized that Asuka is suffering from their mother's death as well, and nobody is noticing that (or if they do, they're purposefully ignoring it, which is even more appalling).

For all of Asuka's giftedness, however, Asuhi excels in one area that Asuka does not: Perceptiveness of other people's emotions. She is a rather good judge of character, especially when it comes to telling if a person is shady and duplicitous, and she also easily notices that not only Shinji is attracted to Asuka, but Asuka as well is attracted to him (then again, everyone can see it; she just notices it a lot faster than most, and is not basing it on common stereotypes, but rather subtle clues that most people would miss).

Also, part of the reason Asuhi works so hard (yes, she's still doing it by the time the plot of NGE begins) is because she hated how the adults keep putting more and more expectations upon Asuka the more talent she exhibited, all while neglecting the fact that it keeps putting more and more strain upon the girl. In essence, she was trying to pull a Maho Nizhizumi and try to take Asuka's place as "the best", so that she would be the one to suffer and Asuka would instead be the one free to enjoy life and do what she wants at her own discretion. Kyouko sympathized with that, and was thinking of how to help her out... before she died a few days after Asuhi finally confided her worries in her.

Asuhi is loosely based on 3.0!Rebuild!Asuka.

For the record, Asuka herself quickly put a distance between her and her sisters after Kyouko's death, partly because seeing them kept reminding her of the aforementioned event and thus rubbed salt in the still-fresh wounds of her heart and mind, and partly because of the insane Kyouko's delusion that the doll is "Asuka" and the real Asuka is a complete stranger caused deep psychological trauma that made her subconsciously see Asuna and Asuhi as a threat to her identity and uniqueness. And part of her suffered intense self-loathing over the fact, and desired self-punishment... by avoiding those same sisters, thus denying herself the possibility of forgiveness and her only remaining option for familial affection (because Dr. Langley had proven himself to be utterly uncaring to the sisters, and their stepmom, while not abusive, is rather neglectful of their emotional needs).

1. Far from it, actually; she was motivated by genuine admiration of Asuka and a desire to emulate her, as well as to live up to the high expectations of Asuna, who as stated beforehand, adores Asuhi as much as she does Asuka.

amitakartok
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby amitakartok » Tue May 10, 2016 12:52 pm

Eva characters' names are not written with kanji.

And where did you find that name, anyway?

MarqFJA87
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby MarqFJA87 » Thu May 12, 2016 7:20 am

View Original Postamitakartok wrote:Eva characters' names are not written with kanji.

They all do in my stories. The all-katakana thing was cute, but utterly silly and will never make it into my stories.

And where did you find that name, anyway?

Tangorin.com

gorgeousshutin
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby gorgeousshutin » Wed May 18, 2016 3:09 pm

Having just followed the Catalyst unto its (really good) ending, I was originally going to refrain from reading Eva works that are still in-progress. Then I chanced upon You Are (Not) at Fault, and there I go again. Oh well, at least this one has a good forward momentum, and doesn't look like it would get dropped any time soon . . . (fingers crossed)
The Gorgeous Shut-in
Current fics:
(SKU/MPD) Seinen Kakumei Utena (Completed as of May 12, 2018)
(PSOH/SKU) Revolutionary Human Leon (Updated to Part 4 as of Nov, 2017)
(NGE) The End of Hedgehog_s Dilemma (Updated to Part II Chapter 6 as of May 17, 2016)
(Banana Fish)Medusa (Updated to Chapter 3 as of Mar 01, 2016)
http://archiveofourown.org/users/gorgeousshutin/works
or
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/3978886/

jcmoorehead
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby jcmoorehead » Wed May 18, 2016 4:13 pm

View Original Postgorgeousshutin wrote:Having just followed the Catalyst unto its (really good) ending, I was originally going to refrain from reading Eva works that are still in-progress. Then I chanced upon You Are (Not) at Fault, and there I go again. Oh well, at least this one has a good forward momentum, and doesn't look like it would get dropped any time soon . . . (fingers crossed)

I'm reading that one too at the moment, enjoying it so far! Doing some interesting things with Shinji on his return. I always like to see how people interpret what happens after EoE. I'm enjoying Advice & Trust at the moment too.

I've just finished uploading all of Hand.Cannot.Erase to FF.Net. My first attempt at a post 3.33 fic. I really enjoyed writing this, was fun to play around in that world even if it was only a brief 6 chapter stay.

gorgeousshutin
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby gorgeousshutin » Wed May 18, 2016 4:32 pm

View Original Postjcmoorehead wrote:II've just finished uploading all of Hand.Cannot.Erase to FF.Net. My first attempt at a post 3.33 fic. I really enjoyed writing this, was fun to play around in that world even if it was only a brief 6 chapter stay.

Damn, you never fail to finish any multi-chapter story -- its almost like a superpower of yours. Congrats on this achievement, and am looking forward to that upcoming NGE-based work you spoke of ;-)
The Gorgeous Shut-in
Current fics:
(SKU/MPD) Seinen Kakumei Utena (Completed as of May 12, 2018)
(PSOH/SKU) Revolutionary Human Leon (Updated to Part 4 as of Nov, 2017)
(NGE) The End of Hedgehog_s Dilemma (Updated to Part II Chapter 6 as of May 17, 2016)
(Banana Fish)Medusa (Updated to Chapter 3 as of Mar 01, 2016)
http://archiveofourown.org/users/gorgeousshutin/works
or
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/3978886/

Return to “Fanfiction”