EVA-303: Chapter 22 ONLINE NOW!

Everything Evangelion Fanfiction related.

Moderators: Derantor, Board Staff

GrummanCat
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby GrummanCat » Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:50 pm

View Original PostStrypgia wrote:I still miss Jessika. :(

I wouldn't rule out a return appearance either as a memory or spirit somehow ;)
PLEASE check out my alt-universe EVA fan comic "EVA-303"!
https://eva-303.blogspot.com/

https://www.deviantart.com/eva-303

GrummanCat
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby GrummanCat » Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:55 pm

View Original Postjcmoorehead wrote:I'm slowly but surely making my way through this behemoth of a work. Onto Chapter 14 right now and really enjoying what I'm reading so far. The plot and interactions so far are fantastic as are the original characters you've brought into it. Looking forward to catching up with it fully :)

THANK YOU and welcome to the comic! Thanks for taking the time to let me know here and at S.J.! The art is still WAY behind most other doujins and webcomics, but I like to think the plot and script make it worth reading!

I start work on Chapter 19 this week.

Literary Eagle
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Literary Eagle » Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:43 pm

Ooh, a KawoRei chapter! I've been looking forward to this. I have a huge soft spot for KawoRei. :heart:

Anyway, here are some thoughts...

SPOILER: Show
Although it wasn't as thrilling or suspenseful as some of the earlier chapters of this story (as you said in the notes at the end, most of us probably knew it was going to go this way), it was still nice to see progress in Rei and Kaworu's relationship.

Also, the part with Kaworu going to Asuka for advice was quite amusing... the art during that scene was cute, and I chuckled at Kaworu saying "Shinji didn't do it right, did he?" and Asuka's reaction to that. (And gosh, Asuka sure is adorable in a sailor top!)

By the way, I'm really, really glad you didn't go with the idea of Saburo killing himself. I'm not a fan of love triangles getting resolved with one of the people dying... it seems lazy at best, and downright callous at worst.

Lastly, that image of Kaworu and Rei embracing (056.png in the NSFW version) was just... mmm, yes. More KawoRei goodness like that, please!

Congratulations on completing another chapter! :D
The Happy Red Planet (my Evangelion fan fic)

jcmoorehead
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby jcmoorehead » Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:04 am

View Original PostGrummanCat wrote:THANK YOU and welcome to the comic! Thanks for taking the time to let me know here and at S.J.! The art is still WAY behind most other doujins and webcomics, but I like to think the plot and script make it worth reading!

I start work on Chapter 19 this week.

No problem, I always like to leave comments on peoples work when I read them to let them know my thoughts. I know how important any sort of feedback can be myself so I always try to make sure I give it.

Looking forward to seeing Chapter 19 it when it is out :)

GrummanCat
Matarael
Matarael

Re: EVA-303 the webcomic. Chapter 18 is here!!!!!

•      
  •      

Postby GrummanCat » Sun Apr 24, 2016 1:00 pm

Umm... >tap< >tap< Hello..?

Lately I've been feeling like EVA-303 really needs to get going again, and I'm preparing to kick start things sometime this week. As a part of that, I just thought I'd stop by again, clean out the cobwebs and see who all is still hanging around Evageeks?

I can think of a lot of friends I made around here who were great at giving input and I'm hoping at least many of them are still around.

Sooo... let's see about getting this party going again. :bigeyes:

Chaplain
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Chaplain » Sun Apr 24, 2016 1:18 pm

Engines hot!
The mark of a truly superior pilot is the use of his superior judgement to avoid situations requiring use of his superior skill

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Sun Apr 24, 2016 1:29 pm

Time to get going, then; plenty of us (I'm sure) are waiting with various degrees of patience...
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Arcadia's legacy
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby Arcadia's legacy » Sun Apr 24, 2016 1:36 pm

I've recently re-read your comic and while it still holds as a favorite of Eva fanwork, i found the scenes involving the test suit from Ha to be rather unnecessary
Never let the flame that is hope burn out, for despite the length of the night, the sunrise will always come
""Trolling the audience" is the same thing as "challenging the audience" (to an audience that doesn't want to be challenged)." -Reichu

jcmoorehead
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby jcmoorehead » Sun Apr 24, 2016 3:46 pm

I'm here and really looking forward to what you put out next. This has been one of my favourite discoveries since getting back into writing/reading fanfic :)

GrummanCat
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby GrummanCat » Sun Apr 24, 2016 6:31 pm

THANK YOU EVERYONE! That was a quick response. My plan for reviving EVA-303 centers around an evening this week (or eveningS) that I am setting aside to immerse myself in Evangelion. Rewatching some important episodes, watching some funny fandubs (Re-Death comes to mind), and some AMVs. Listening to some of the music that I used to listen to while producing the comic, and re-reading some of EVA-303 as well as revisiting the TVtropes page.

View Original PostArcadia's legacy wrote:I've recently re-read your comic and while it still holds as a favorite of Eva fanwork, i found the scenes involving the test suit from Ha to be rather unnecessary

Do you mean the see-thru test suit from Rebuild 2.0 that appeared briefly in my Chapter 6? If so, then I actually agree (and agreed) with you, which is why it disappeared so quickly from the webcomic. I ended up putting it in there before I gave myself a chance to think better of it. My bad. Besides- it gave me a chance to design something original.

KingXanaduu
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby KingXanaduu » Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:27 am

Trust me, I'm also on the band-wagon for Eva 303. It's one of my favorite Asuka/Shinji fics that actually has a happy outcome for their relationship. :)

And I would be reading it more and more often GrummanCat, but your site is blocked on my Campus, so I'm kind of stuck. :cringe:

Still, ANY addition is a huge welcome for me. :)
"You're na�ve, Cecil. Even knowing betrayal and despair, you would depend on the whims of others?" - Golbez
---------------------------------------
Sephiroth: "Do you miss the Light?"
Golbez: "Hmph...I merely have duties to fulfill."
Sephiroth: "Too close to the brightness, and you may get scorched."
Golbz:.............
Golbez: Your loss can strengthen you.

"NGE Shinji is broken, Manga Shinji is an asshole, Rebuild Shinji is an idiot. Which is best? Uh, can I get some other options? All of these really suck." -Bagheera

jcmoorehead
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby jcmoorehead » Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:01 am

View Original PostGrummanCat wrote:THANK YOU EVERYONE! That was a quick response. My plan for reviving EVA-303 centers around an evening this week (or eveningS) that I am setting aside to immerse myself in Evangelion. Rewatching some important episodes, watching some funny fandubs (Re-Death comes to mind), and some AMVs. Listening to some of the music that I used to listen to while producing the comic, and re-reading some of EVA-303 as well as revisiting the TVtropes page.

Really looking forward to seeing what you come up with!

I have really liked the little fan-servicy bits you've uploaded in between the wait too.

It's one of the few things around for new AsuShin art too, don't really see that much being produced.

I've started learning to draw but I think it'll be some time before I produce anything decent, although I will say 303 is one of the reasons why i started wanting to learn.

I actually need to add it to my list of recommended fics on my AsuShin blog on Tumblr

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Fri Apr 29, 2016 5:33 am

Ride into the danger zone!
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

GrummanCat
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby GrummanCat » Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:05 am

GREAT to see you again, Bagheera!

Unfortunately, the (little) work I did on Chapter 19 was lost in the death of a laptop, but it's almost a blessing. It was only one scene scripted and some doodles. I'm ready to come back at it fresh.

GrummanCat
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby GrummanCat » Sun May 01, 2016 4:50 pm

I'm LITERALLY in the middle of my Evangelion 'immersion party' right now. It's a mixture of watching things and scribbling thoughts down, and I think I've had a bit of an epiphany. I think I've found my spark plug for getting the comic going again and it's in a really unusual place- The 'Old Men'. :cringe:

For years, the old men (Gendo, Hardek, Fuyutski, etc.) have been my bane. No cute girls, no sexy scenes, no one cares, right?

Well I have already thought that one of my biggest problems with Volume 3 so far is the lack of focus on the serious stuff behind EVA-303- the Seele/Nerv stuff. Ever since Shinji
proposed to Asuka
, has there been a SINGLE Gendo scene?? :facepalm:

Now with Chapter 19 unfolding, a satisfying scene between Fuyutski and Senator Hardek is unfolding as well as a Gendo/Yui scene. While there is an important scene for the EVA pilots (they actually arrive on the aircraft carrier in this chapter), it looks to be mostly a 'Old Men' chapter.

...And I think I couldn't be happier. :w00: As much fun as I had in Vegas, it wasn't healthy to the overall comic. It's time to remind people why all of this is happening in the first place.

I feel like taking a long walk after the kids go to sleep tonight and thinking up a script for Hardek/Fuyutski as well as Gendo/Yui.

This may be a short chapter, but for those of you missing the EVA-303 back story, it should feel pretty good!

Literary Eagle
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Literary Eagle » Sun May 01, 2016 10:58 pm

Nice to see you around again, GrummanCat! I look forward to more of this story!
The Happy Red Planet (my Evangelion fan fic)

jcmoorehead
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby jcmoorehead » Mon May 02, 2016 4:32 am

View Original PostGrummanCat wrote:GREAT to see you again, Bagheera!

Unfortunately, the (little) work I did on Chapter 19 was lost in the death of a laptop, but it's almost a blessing. It was only one scene scripted and some doodles. I'm ready to come back at it fresh.

I think sometimes something like that can benefit you. Losing work always sucks but it allows you to come back at it fresh and improve it.

I like the sound of what you're planning, it'll be nice to see a focus on some of the serious stuff behind the story and give more a glimpse into SEELE/NERV.

Iuvenal
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Iuvenal » Tue May 03, 2016 8:21 am

View Original PostGrummanCat wrote:Well I have already thought that one of my biggest problems with Volume 3 so far is the lack of focus on the serious stuff behind EVA-303- the Seele/Nerv stuff. Ever since Shinji
proposed to Asuka
, has there been a SINGLE Gendo scene?? :facepalm:

I think you could see him at the high-stakes poker table with Rits :V
Pkunk's not dead! Shake yer Rootz!

I carved A +S forever into my left buttock with a pocket knife. My right buttock is dominated by a tattoo of James Brown. - Chuckman

Who did 9/11? The FAR. - Reichu

GrummanCat
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby GrummanCat » Wed May 04, 2016 1:42 am

View Original PostIuvenal wrote:I think you could see him at the high-stakes poker table with Rits :V

Haha. I think Rits was just spending his money (or worse! The TAXPAYER'S money!!!!)

I have proofread the first scenes between Fuyutski and Senator Hardek and between Gendo and Fuyu. They are giving me that old feeling I got when I wrote something I really liked. Feeling good so far!

GrummanCat
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby GrummanCat » Mon May 16, 2016 3:15 pm

Just a line to let you guys know that the first scene is done and pages assembled. So far, the new chapter is up to 10 pages long. I leave for Japan a week from tomorrow, but I'm bringing my laptop with me so production can continue, minus the ability to scan pages. But hey- it is officially coming together! :D

Return to “Fanfiction”