Fallout

Discussions about non-Evangelion related video games, board games, card games and gaming in general.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

Re: Fallout

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:21 pm

The Wasteland Workshop DLC is out, and there's some pretty nifty stuff for settlement building, such as a fusion core generator that produces 100 power, and a bunch of new light fixtures including neon signs and a traffic light. I just wish they would have also increased the settlement size limit, because I want to add all these cool new things to my main settlement, but alas it is not so.

The Automatron DLC is pretty cool too. Robot building and customization along with new weapons and armor, and a decent-length quest line.
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:15 pm

Great, that's surely going to mess with the mods I installed that already covered pretty much all of that.

Sigh... maybe a restart is in order, removing all mods besides UI and aesthetic upgrades just in case bathesda decides to cover the same ground again. I haven't played the game in quite some time anyway, and haven't even gotten to diamond city yet due to lots and lots of exploring, crafting, messing with settlements, etc.

EDIT:
So it turns out I did have to remove the mods for compatibility reasons to get the save file to open, but it's working okay now. Only real loss is that the custom containers I had been using disappeared along with most of my stash of explosives and raw food ingredients. Nothing I can't deal with, but rather annoying.

Ritsuko finally made it to Diamond City, and gave Curie/Maya some time off so I can enjoy Piper/Misato's company for a while. College fling mode engage! ^_^ Maybe flirting with Piper will get Garvey to take a hint already? Yes I heard your sadsack story, yes I understood, no I don't want to bone. Maybe it's because you keep telling me about some ghouls halfway across the map causing trouble for two people in a shack and you can't just deal with it yourself? Take Dogmeat with you if you're scared ya big cowboy pansy.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Sat Apr 30, 2016 12:59 am

Oh joy, patch 1.5 releases and now I get crash to desktop every time I try to play. As should be expected from Bathesda, I suppose.
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf

Sicarius VI
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Sicarius VI » Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:01 am

^Truth.
"I'm not going there to die, I'm going to find out if I'm really alive." - Spike Spiegel

IronEvangelion
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby IronEvangelion » Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:31 am

View Original PostNemZ wrote:Oh joy, patch 1.5 releases and now I get crash to desktop every time I try to play. As should be expected from Bathesda, I suppose.

Bethesda: Handcrafting the finest bugs and crashes since 19XX. Also we make video games sometimes. :lol:
[Redacted]

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Sat Apr 30, 2016 12:20 pm

Turns out it was a conflict with one of my mods to make the UI not so damn clunky. Of course, all this likely could have been avoided if they released the GECK with the initial game like it should have been rather than halfassing it out half a year later. They also now require you to have a Bethesda.net login when you start the game if you want mods enabled even if you didn't get them through their servers, and using mods with the new survival mode requires further patching. It's almost like they don't want you using mods with the game, despite the fact that all Bethesda games basically NEED mods to be worth a damn and the core games are generally just a vehicle for the community-made content in the same way tortillas exist to keep whatever you put in your burrito together.

Then again I shouldn't be surprised... this is a game that even on the pc release has keyboard/mouse disabled by default and extremely restrictive screen resolution options unless you go wading into the .ini file because neither can be fixed from the in-game options menu or the launcher. Both of which I had to redo because the new patch also overwrote those changes... grrrr.

IronEvangelion
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby IronEvangelion » Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:18 pm

View Original PostNemZ wrote:They also now require you to have a Bethesda.net login when you start the game if you want mods enabled even if you didn't get them through their servers, and using mods with the new survival mode requires further patching. It's almost like they don't want you using mods with the game, despite the fact that all Bethesda games basically NEED mods to be worth a damn and the core games are generally just a vehicle for the community-made content in the same way tortillas exist to keep whatever you put in your burrito together.

Man that sucks, sounds like some form of DRM. That's weird that the PC version comes with KB+M disabled, too. Almost sounds like they made the game for consoles first and then ported it to PC instead of the other way around.
[Redacted]

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:43 pm

I'm fairly positive that's exactly what they did, which is why the dialogue is limited to a stale set of 4 button-keyed responses in all situations and why the build limits for settlements are so low.

There's a workaround for their DRM bullshit if you use the latest version of the nexus launcher, but it requires you to uninstall and reinstall your entire mod list.

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:01 pm

And this is why I waited before installing any mods whatsoever.

Except now my interest in the game is so low I don't want to play it even with mods.

I feel cheated somehow...
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

IronEvangelion
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby IronEvangelion » Wed May 04, 2016 9:29 am

Far Harbor is coming May 19th.

http://gematsu.com/2016/05/fallout-4-fa ... hes-may-19

That's a hell of a lot sooner than I expected. I'm interested in how it turns out, as it will likely give us an idea of what to expect for FO4 expansions quality-wise.
[Redacted]

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Shinoyami65 » Fri May 06, 2016 12:52 am

View Original PostMonk Ed wrote:Except now my interest in the game is so low I don't want to play it even with mods.

I feel cheated somehow...

The game didn't really amaze me in the same way Skyrim or Morrowind do and I don't really feel like any amount of DLC could lure me back at this point.

Maybe the DLC might do for Scholar of the First Sin did for Dark Souls II and improve greatly on the base game, but since I didn't enjoy the base game I'd rather not spend more money to re-download it and slog through it again to reach the DLC content.
E̱͡v͈̙e͔̰̳͙r̞͍y͏̱̲̭͎̪ṱ͙̣̗̱͠h̰̰i͙n̶̮̟̳͍͍̫͓g̩ ̠͈en̶̖̹̪d̸̙̦͙̜͕͍̞s̸̰.̳̙̺̟̻̀

I always thought I might be bad
Now I know that it's true
Because I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Fri May 06, 2016 1:18 am

Why would you have to buy it again, and what happened to your save?

Tankred
Anime Ja Nai
Anime Ja Nai

•      
  •      

Postby Tankred » Fri May 06, 2016 3:07 pm

Bethesda's general abysmalness lately fills me with joy, they're trying their hardest to make sure you can't enjoy their already sub par games while showing themselves up by letting the original creators make games for them (Fallout NV).

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Shinoyami65 » Fri May 06, 2016 9:04 pm

View Original PostNemZ wrote:Why would you have to buy it again, and what happened to your save?

I'd have to pay extra for the DLC content, is what I meant, since I didn't get the Season Pass. I think I deleted my save before uninstalling although it may still be in the cloud somewhere.
E̱͡v͈̙e͔̰̳͙r̞͍y͏̱̲̭͎̪ṱ͙̣̗̱͠h̰̰i͙n̶̮̟̳͍͍̫͓g̩ ̠͈en̶̖̹̪d̸̙̦͙̜͕͍̞s̸̰.̳̙̺̟̻̀

I always thought I might be bad
Now I know that it's true
Because I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

IronEvangelion
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby IronEvangelion » Mon May 09, 2016 1:20 pm

Far Harbor trophies have emerged.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/fallou ... n=homepage

SPOILER: Show
Hooked: Defeat 30 Far Harbor Sea Creatures

Is this one what it sounds like? Underwater combat!?
[Redacted]

Sicarius VI
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Sicarius VI » Mon May 09, 2016 6:08 pm

Maybe the harpoon gun will make a proper appearance.

I haven't been following Fallout 4 at all lately. I just know that there are two DLCs and mod support for consoles is either on it's way or already here... Am I correct? Anything else?
"I'm not going there to die, I'm going to find out if I'm really alive." - Spike Spiegel

IronEvangelion
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby IronEvangelion » Mon May 09, 2016 6:25 pm

^ The first 2 DLC packs, Automatron and Wasteland Workshop, are out now. Far Harbor is coming the 19th. Mod support is being done in stages. PC got it last month, X1 gets it next around May, and PS4 gets it last around June. Mod support may convince me to start playing again if the mods are good enough. As far as DLC goes I won't be buying them individually, I'll just wait for the inevitable Ultimate Edition they'll probably release next year some time.
[Redacted]

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Mon May 09, 2016 7:09 pm

Isn't there some login required to play mods even if you don't use Bethesda's mod service?

If they fuck with the Nexus/modding community and censor me from installing titty strip club waifu mods I will delete this game and never buy another Bethesda game until they stop.

I hate to sound like a curmudgeon but if they pull this voiced protagonist shit with ESVI I'm not buying it, flat out.

I really hope that this game gets serious, Skyrim-level modding community love and they strip out the shitty voices (the female one is passable but the male voice actor is terrible) and let me silently ignore the stupid main quest and instead murder random travelers added by a population mod so I can steal their pants, as God intended me to do.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Mon May 09, 2016 9:09 pm

View Original PostChuckman wrote:titty strip club waifu mods

I've seen plenty of those for Fallout 4 already and have video evidence. (Search on YouTube for MxR Mods and you'll get a face full of them immediately.)

I'm pretty sure they're all or mostly pre-official mod support too, which would make them even harder for Bethesda to remove, I imagine.

I think we're safe.
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Tue May 10, 2016 2:10 pm

Oh yeah, I know CBBE is out already but from what I've seen it's pretty clunky. I'd like to see a new body mod or an advanced version of CBBE that uses some of Fallout 4's engine upgrades to their full effect. The neck seam/grayface bug has been eliminated by the engine now but CBBE can bring it back, ffs. Some jiggle physics that don't require a degree in theoretical calculus to install would be nice, too. If I'm going to have my muscular d-cup player character get naked and paint herself blue before she runs around killing raiders, I want those assets to wobble and bobble, damn it.

Tit jokes aside I hope Bethesda doesn't screw over the modding community, really. Skyrim would be boring as hell without 200+ mods that make the world full of fun things to do and people to murder so I can collect their skulls using a mod that makes people drop human parts.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

Return to “Video Games and Gaming”