Shinji's acceptance of Kaworu's Plan

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

Re: Shinji's acceptance of Kaworu's Plan

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Sat Apr 16, 2016 12:33 pm

View Original PostReichu wrote:Eva-01 does have that 'magical barrier', though. Eva-13 is portrayed as being more powerful not in spite of lacking it, but BECAUSE it lacks it. Which is, in the absence of anything whatsoever explaining why this is... really, really dumb.

I took that to indicate that the anti-ATF ammo (which is so destructive, one supposes, that special permission is required to use it) was not triggered; this made the lack of the ATF itself a real defence for Unit-13, if it was known that the anti-ATF ammo would have seriously harmed it and was expected to be deployed.

Yes, I know it's all if..if..if - but a lot of stories are that way, really, so I'm content to go with the flow, at least until we have the complete picture.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Arcadia's legacy
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby Arcadia's legacy » Sat Apr 16, 2016 1:04 pm

View Original PostReichu wrote:Which is, in the absence of anything whatsoever explaining why this is

For now at least ^_^
Never let the flame that is hope burn out, for despite the length of the night, the sunrise will always come
""Trolling the audience" is the same thing as "challenging the audience" (to an audience that doesn't want to be challenged)." -Reichu

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sat Apr 16, 2016 1:28 pm

View Original PostArcadia's legacy wrote:For now at least ^_^

One can hope that things are explained, but one cannot assume.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby BlueBasilisk » Sat Apr 16, 2016 1:37 pm

There's that too. Unit 01 has been tampered with and had a human injected into its core. Unit 13 was built after 14 years of Eva-on-Eva war for a particular task and seems like it's specially designed to counter what Wille will throw at it. Wille's Evas have limited battery life? We'll arm it with a barrier to stall for time. They have Anti-ATF ammo? The Eva doesn't have one!

Maybe Unit 01 isn't supposed to have an ATF, or Unit 13 is and Seele used some arcane shenanigans to get rid of it. Neither one is solid evidence for what an Adam "should" be on its own and the movie isn't even clear if Unit 13 can neutralize an ATF with whatever it has. Mark.06 probably has that answer and the stupid thing went and got itself killed. :irked: The (non-canon of course) pachinko games play it both ways. Some times it can do all the crazy rocket punching Unit 01 does and sometimes it can't.

Sachi: That's what I think too. ^_^ Gendo is very good at playing the subservient lapdog and Seele thinks they've taken away all his toys and broken him to their will. They die thinking everything has gone to plan, apparently without realizing that Gendo has boned their whole team and is about to take their Eva. Shinji might have been their last insurance policy against him.
Someday I hope that we'll be reunited if that is what's destined to be. Perhaps we'll discover that elusive bible. And then we will finally be free!

Lilith
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Lilith » Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:23 pm

Was rewatching 3.33, when Kaworu put the choker on after Shinji said it'd kill him. Kaworu says he planned on doing this sooner or later. Was he referring to putting the choker on or sacrificing himself via another method?

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:32 pm

View Original PostLilith wrote:Was rewatching 3.33, when Kaworu put the choker on after Shinji said it'd kill him. Kaworu says he planned on doing this sooner or later. Was he referring to putting the choker on or sacrificing himself via another method?

I doubt Kaworu was intending on dying, so I'm inclined toward the former option: he was planning to take the choker from Shinji sooner or later, that way Shinji would have no reason not to pilot.
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”