Clothes & Apparel

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Joy Evangelion
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

Re: Clothes & Apparel

•      
  •      

Postby Joy Evangelion » Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:26 pm

Thanks dudes. Apparently the style of my jacket is referred to as a "duck coat,"(I guess people used to hunt ducks while wearing them? :shrug: Always gotta look good, I guess) if you ever want to look one up, rober. They seem to be made by most of the companies that make outer gear for workers. Most images of the jacket online have the collar down though, which gives it a pretty different look. My mantra is that one must basically always raise the collar on a coat, but never on any other article of clothing.

I've had that patch on my bag for two and half years now, but just added the Rei pin to my coat. I was inspired to do so by some fashion program on NHK World about how the worlds of anime and fashion are COLLIDING. I've got an Asuka pin on this camel hair coat I have too, but I don't wear it too often because it makes me look too dressed up. I'll probably post a picture or two of it in here sometime soon.
I used to work in a factory and I was really happy because I could daydream all day -- I.C.
And thanks to EVA, I've started like myself and that has made me very happy. Mr. Anno, please keep working on EVA a lot more.
and thank you so much for everything!!

MAGI_01
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby MAGI_01 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:10 am

View Original PostIronEvangelion wrote:Thanks, although to be fair it's more of an imitation chronograph since the 3 small dials are non-functional decorations. Still looks great, though. ^_^

Ahhh haha. Still it does look pretty good!

View Original PostJoy Evangelion wrote:Thanks dudes. Apparently the style of my jacket is referred to as a "duck coat"

You're welcome. Ahhh, never knew the proper term for it. The one I wore was like a Carhartt jacket, but more like that in looks, just lacked the upper pockets. Wore it a ton in High School since I was in a lot of vocational classes, and got tired of having to wear the schools leather welding jackets :lol:

View Original PostJoy Evangelion wrote:
I've had that patch on my bag for two and half years now, but just added the Rei pin to my coat. I was inspired to do so by some fashion program on NHK World about how the worlds of anime and fashion are COLLIDING. I've got an Asuka pin on this camel hair coat I have too, but I don't wear it too often because it makes me look too dressed up. I'll probably post a picture or two of it in here sometime soon.

Awesome, they really are a nice touch. I've got a few anime pins myself, but have not really put them on anything.

Anywho, got my new coat this evening.
SPOILER: Show

A Musterbrand, Sith Lord coat. (Star Wars of course) An absolutely cracking coat. Paid a pretty penny for it, but well worth it in my opinion.
"If it's stupid but works, it isn't stupid." - Me
"Has anyone ever told you how pretty your eyes are?" - Akio's most famous line.
Akio in Lance of LoL's Rebuild RP
Steam/PSN: MAGI_01 Origin: MAGI_02
Interested in a FMA based RP? Then check this out!

IronEvangelion
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby IronEvangelion » Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:31 am

View Original PostMAGI_01 wrote:Anywho, got my new coat this evening.

A Musterbrand, Sith Lord coat. (Star Wars of course) An absolutely cracking coat. Paid a pretty penny for it, but well worth it in my opinion.

Looks awesome! I hope it lasts for a long time. :thumbsup:
[Redacted]

MAGI_01
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby MAGI_01 » Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:29 am

Thanks! ^_^

As do I. Been getting tons of compliments from co workers and from random people while out and about over the past couple days. Safe to say I made a very good choice haha.

MAGI_01
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby MAGI_01 » Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:36 am

A Youtuber I follow has plugged Squale watches for awhile now and I've fallen in love with this one: http://www.squalewatches.com/Squale_154 ... 1545-c.htm

An homage to the legendary Rolex Submariner which is one of my all time favorite watches. Squale makes their own designs of course, but my god I can't ignore that one. Such a beautiful watch for the price, since a new Sub can run over eight grand. I think I've found the dive watch to go into my collection.

MAGI_01
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby MAGI_01 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:42 pm

Well, the watch bug bit me again and I could not resist on buying this beauty.

My 2nd Orient (Which Orient are owned by Seiko, but but manufacture and design their movements and cases themselves.) A Ray II which is the new, upgraded, and redesigned model for 2016. Gone is the day pusher at the 2 o'clock position and the movement has been upgraded to the new 22 jewel (Jewel count refers to the number of synthetic ruby jewels used as bearings for the moving parts), F6922 which is handwindable and hackable (Seconds hand stop) and retains the day and date display of the old 46943 movement which the former model contained. (Which seems to be based off of the workhorse 48743 that my Orient Flight contains.) Beautiful blue sunburst dial, with applied lume markers and a lumed seconds hand. 200 meters water resistance so it can live up to the type of watch it is and go diving. Fantastic for the money as I have yet to settle on a nice, mid-range, swiss made diver, though these Japanese made watches for the price point, certainly give some of the lower mid range swiss pieces a run for their money in terms of quality and value.

Picked it up today from the post and subsequently went and got the bracelet sized, though I may need to go again and get it micro adjusted (Thankfully this bracelet has that option) since 4 links out is too small and three is a little too large, but that is with the micro adjustment set to its largest. I may go with a mesh style bracelet later on, but that is to be determined later, after I've had more time with it.

The only things I'd change would be the crystal to synthetic sapphire for much better scratch protection, the bezel to ceramic, again for better scratch protection, and solid end links on the bracelet, but one cannot have everything at this price point, and aside from those minor things, it is a very solid watch.

...this is the 4th watch I've bought in 6 months (the 4th won't be here till August) I think I have the watch collection bug :lol:

IronEvangelion
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby IronEvangelion » Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:02 am

^ Wow, it looks great!
[Redacted]

MAGI_01
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby MAGI_01 » Wed Apr 20, 2016 6:42 pm

Thanks! I decided to go with it over the previously mentioned Rolex homage, simply because I'd rather not wear something that is not the "real" thing and get it confused for having the real thing haha.

So far though, this watch is insanely accurate. My other mechanical runs fast by ~3 seconds a day while this one has been dead accurate, maybe only losing a tenth or two of a second over the now three days I've had it. Still has it's run in time before it will fully settle into its regular pattern, but if it can maintain this, this is COSC certified levels of accuracy on a non certified watch which is insane as COSC certified watches run in the thousands while this not even $200. Time will tell though.

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”