Need help finding shelter for a homeless friend

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

TehDonutKing
Camel Dilettante
Camel Dilettante

Need help finding shelter for a homeless friend

•      
  •      

Postby TehDonutKing » Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:35 pm

So, a friend of mine has wound up homeless. He's originally from the middle east (he didn't say what country, but that it's controlled by Sharia Law), and had to flee because his mom discovered he was gay. He's on the US west coast now. He's someone i really care about, so if any of you can take him in, please tell me.
/hj

I said and did some dumb and hurtful things in my time here when i was younger. If i ever hurt you, i'm sorry. If you see any of this while reading old threads, i'm learning and trying to improve. Donut redemption arc in progress.

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

Re: Need help finding shelter for a homeless friend

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:32 pm

Google will be your friend. Google the city that he is in and find a homeless shelter.

Compiling_Autumn
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Compiling_Autumn » Sun Apr 17, 2016 2:09 am

If he has a little bit of cash on him, hostels can be much cheaper than hotels, like $30 a night compared to $100 or whatever a hotel might charge. That could give him a couple days to figure stuff out.
"The will to lose one's will?"
"Absolutely. The will to make oneself completely free. Will is the wrong word, because in the end you could call it despair. Because it really comes out of an absolute feeling of it's impossible to do these things, so I might as well just do anything. And out of this anything, one sees what happens."--Francis Bacon

TehDonutKing
Camel Dilettante
Camel Dilettante

•      
  •      

Postby TehDonutKing » Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:43 pm

He found someone to stay with, thankfully.
/hj

I said and did some dumb and hurtful things in my time here when i was younger. If i ever hurt you, i'm sorry. If you see any of this while reading old threads, i'm learning and trying to improve. Donut redemption arc in progress.

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”