Masayuki's Music Videos

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:42 pm

Also, here are some relevant posts from Best Rei AMV?:

Reichu wrote:
BrikHaus81 wrote:Does anyone have any suggestions [for good Rei AMVs]? Thanks! :D

Masayuki did a nice one set to the Rei image song "Tengoku no Kioku" (Memories of Paradise).

Since no one in their right mind would actually buy the DVD this is from, here you go.

C4 wrote:Eh, it was just barely watchable for me. I'm a fan of the song(it never appeared anywhere but that Decade CD, did it?), but the rest seemed to be standard AMV fare. But then again, there's only been one AMV that I've ever liked, so I guess I'm just unimpressed by the very idea.

BrikHaus81 wrote:Thanks, Reichu! I really liked that video. Why is it that no one in their right mind would buy this DVD?

Sailor Star Dust wrote:
C4 wrote:I'm a fan of the song(it never appeared anywhere but that Decade CD, did it?), but the rest seemed to be standard AMV fare.

It's only on the Decade Album, yes.

....What DVD was this released on?

Reichu wrote:
BrikHaus81 wrote:Thanks, Reichu! I really liked that video. Why is it that no one in their right mind would buy this DVD?

Because everything aside from the Masayuki music videos and the acid trip remix video is utter shit.

Of course, if I can get it for less than full price, I will, but only for the abovementioned reasons.

Sailor Star Dust wrote:....What DVD was this released on?

[url=http://www.amazon.co.jp/GENESIS-EVANGELION-MUSIC-REMIX-%E3%83%84%E3%82%A4%E3%83%B3%E3%83%91%E3%83%83%E3%82%AF/dp/B000BM7SZM]NGE MUSIC & REMIX DVD[/URL]

Sailor Star Dust wrote:Tengoku no Kioku thoughts: Matching was done beautifully! ^_^ Espeically to the 2 Ikaris opening Rei's Entry Plug!

Beautiful, BEAUTIFUL Rei video! ^_^

(Hehe, I can't wait to translate the lyrics during Spring Break.)

Last few moments: Showed Rei in the final scene towards the end as I thought they would. Thought that water reflection/clouds at the start and end was a nice touch.

Seriously, thanks SO much for uploading these!

Reichu wrote:
Sailor Star Dust wrote:Seriously, thanks SO much for uploading these!

No prob. I in turn thank kinglear at THAT BOARD for letting me get my grimy meathooks on these things in the first place (although the RARs are missing a couple of videos, aww...).
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

AchtungAffen
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby AchtungAffen » Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:33 pm

Tokyo3cn released both music & remix DVD's in avi format (but with that site's watermark over them)
"Oh, Constantine! To how many evils origin was given, not by your conversion to Christianity, but by the dowry which from you received the first Pope that was rich!" - Dante
How can you expect to live in a Republic when you don't care about the res-publica?
"The gun, in all its forms, was the epochal tool of white male supremacy, which is why it continues to have irrational appeal. As much as the jack-booted hate Jews and blacks, that much they love their guns." - James Carrol
My List @ AniDB

- Original activist against the lockers-that-be -

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:41 pm

Reichu wrote:
Sailor Star Dust wrote:...Masyuki-tachi didn't make a vid of that, did they?

No. It would have been nice, as a tribute to the convoluted Shinji/Asuka relationship, even despite some overlap with the "Tamashii" content.

Maybe somebody with 1337 editing skills and extensive familiarity with the subject can make one in Masayuki's trademark style sometime.

Though it would be my first (and only??) AMV, I plan sometime in the future* to make an EYED vid. ^_^ Although it probably won't be Masayuki style...

*Give me 1-2 more years. By then, I'll have a "new" computer as well as all the Platinum Series (only have vols.1-3 & 6 so far) and Renewal Feature Flims footage needed to make it happen. ;)

@ AA: A-ha! So that's why there's watermarks on it!
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

C4
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby C4 » Tue Mar 27, 2007 12:22 am

Just finished watching the Tamashii no Rufuran and THANATOS ~If I Can't be Yours~ videos, and the only thing I got of that was Masayuki's style is apparently throwing absurdly fast cuts of one character together with a song that has nothing to do with the images that are being shown on screen. The Rei one was okay, but the Asuka and Misato ones were horrible. The first pet peeve for me was that I always associated If I Can't be Yours with Asuka's point of view towards Shinji, while Tamashii no Rufuran was almost obviously a Rei song. I never really associated a lyrical song to Misato, but I'll go through the ole' soundtracks and start listening for a connection. Secondly, the action on screen didn't match at all the music. I never pictured Tamashii to be a battle oriented song of any sort, and If I Can't Be Yours is a slow jazz song, which contrasts horribly with the rapid-fire cuts of the video.

Tamashi no Rufuran: 3/10
THANATOS ~If I Can't be Yours~: 1/10
Tengoku no Kioku: 5/10
Overall: 2/10(Weighted average, I like If I Can't Be Yours better than the other two.)

As far as EYED videos, there is this:
[url]http://youtube.com/watch?v=C4ySK-RB6BU[/url]

Which is more of a slideshow with music than an AMV. Even then, I still score it better than the aforementioned AMVs. And as much as I generally hate AMV's, I'm all behind a EYED video. I'm a big fan of the song; if it's possible for a song to break your heart, then that song constantly breaks mine, but I love it anyway.

XX
Embryo

For [Kaysow]

•      
  •      

Postby XX » Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:32 am

My first 'Post a reply'! Excuse my poor english, I have to improve it.

This is for [Kaysow]:

- Hey! Have you tried in this place?:
[url]http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=KIBA-1299[/url]

- It's forbidden posting this such of things in this forum?

About 'Play-Asia' site; it's impossible to access from PAL Region due to problems between online shops that commercialize SCEI (Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.) NTSC-J products all over the world and SCEE (Sony Computer Entertainment Europe) who thinks it's dangerous for PAL consumers.
Last edited by XX on Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:35 am, edited 2 times in total.

Kaysow
Bardiel
Bardiel

Re: For [Kaysow]:

•      
  •      

Postby Kaysow » Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:52 am

XX wrote:My first 'Post a reply'! Excuse my poor english, I have to improve it.

This is for [Kaysow]:

- Hey! Have you tried in this place:

It's forbidden posting this such of things in this forum?

About 'Play-Asia' site; it's impossible to access from PAL Region due to problems between online shops that commercialize SCEI (Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.) NTSC-J products all over the world and SCEE (Sony Computer Entertainment Europe) who thinks it's dangerous for PAL consumers.

Thanks, but naw, it was just this rented internet connection that stopped me at that time. Now I'm back in sweden, and everything goes =)
If I have no soul to touch, no heart to love, no evil to rise up above
No angels and no ghosts, no real victories to toast
If you believe that this is true then I must ask;
to what end do you proceed?

-Dustin Kensrue, Thrice

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

Re: For [Kaysow]

•      
  •      

Postby BrikHaus » Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:57 am

XX wrote:My first 'Post a reply'! Excuse my poor english, I have to improve it.

Welcome to the forums, XX :D Your English sounds good to me. What is your first language?
Awesomely Shitty
-"That purace has more badassu maddafaakas zan supermax spaceland."
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Re: For [Kaysow]

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:40 pm

BrikHaus81 wrote:Welcome to the forums, XX :D Your English sounds good to me. What is your first language?

"I'm sorry, but your Thread in is a different Forum!"
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Tue Mar 27, 2007 2:18 pm

C4 wrote:As far as EYED videos, there is this:
[url]http://youtube.com/watch?v=C4ySK-RB6BU[/url]

Which is more of a slideshow with music than an AMV. Even then, I still score it better than the aforementioned AMVs. And as much as I generally hate AMV's, I'm all behind a EYED video. I'm a big fan of the song; if it's possible for a song to break your heart, then that song constantly breaks mine, but I love it anyway.

Clips, huh? DO NOT WANT.

Seriously, if all goes as planned, my AMV will rock the house. Espeically because I want to do at least a FEW THINGS for the good of the fandom!

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Thu Mar 29, 2007 4:30 pm

Thanatos~ Comments: It was good, but like I said before, the song itself seems to fit Rei better, or in terms of the lyrics prehaps Asuka's feelings towards Shinji as C4 stated.

What I thought worked well in this was the footage of Misato dying/Shinji watching her set to the JSSDF invading in the background.

It seemed a little off to me how the video started more or less focusing on Kaji/Misato and then went into Misato and Shinji's realtionship, the change in focus threw me off/I felt like it didn't really fit.

This was average at best, I personally preferred Tengoku~ and Tamashii~ to this.

gwern
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby gwern » Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:10 pm

View Original PostReichu wrote:"Komm, susser Tod" is a somewhat generalized song with motifs that resound throughout NGE. But if it had to be "given" to a specific character, it would be Shinji.

Topic interests me because I'm trying to make the case that KsT is Shinji's POV. I take it from your hypothetical that there is no AMV focusing on Shinji or using KsT which you simply haven't mentioned yet?

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:00 pm

I just ordered the stupid DVD. I'm a bad, bad otaku.

And I don't care what anyone says, that vid for Tamashii-no-Rufuran was awesome. I kinda like using Thanatos for Misato, as well. I get that people might initially have associated the songs with other characters, but learn to be flexible people! Looking at artistic works in new contexts is part of what makes the whole enterprise fun.

I just hope I can play the thing. Stupid region 2 nonsense...

Edit: Well, I got it. The good news is that VLC plays it with no problems. The bad news is that Reichu already gave us all the good stuff to be found on it (Armageddon is so not good). Still, it's nice to have the original source video for the three songs that matter. Couldn't care less about the karaoke versions, of course, but eh.

Recommended if you can get it for ten bucks or so. Not so much if you're looking at thirty bucks plus shipping. <cough>
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Re: Masayuki's Music Videos

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:51 pm

So I was looking through disc 9 of the Eva BD set and noticed there was a small collection of music videos, including the full OP and full ED from the 01 Test Type DVD. I put the first one on, having very fond memories of the thing, and immediately felt as though something was wrong. There was this off-putting sense of the video and audio absolutely not going together the way I remembered. It felt like the video clips advanced WAY too fast and the whole thing just felt like a complete mess. I was nearly certain that something was wrong with my BD or the playback somehow.

After considerable bewilderment, I finally loaded up my copy of the Test Type DVD. And to my amazement... it played back exactly the same way as the BD version had.

Memory is such a perniciously finicky thing, isn't it? This experience -- while not really a big deal in and of itself -- provided a rock-solid reminder of that. You can be so convinced that something is one way, and then reality confirms for you that, no, your brain twisted it all up and what you thought was wrong.

I'm moderately disappointed that what I had once thought was such a cool clip show holds up so poorly after all this time. (It almost makes me want to recreate, as closely as possible, what I expected the video to be like, just for shits and giggles.) Nostalgia is a bitch, my friends.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

hirnkrieg
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby hirnkrieg » Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:03 pm

Memory is such a perniciously finicky thing, isn't it?

I just watched the OP video for the first time after reading this post and thought it was pretty good, definitely one of the better Eva AMVs

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:34 pm

I remember it being that way for me years ago. Alas, time destroys all things -- some faster than others.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”